HTC phones drove alot of DROID users to iphone..

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Homey you came out straight up dissing HTC.(that was the intent of your post and hey that's your opinion) but ...... It wasn't just HTC... HTC helped build and lay the foundation of android.... Android as a whole was and in some cases still is buggy... So next time say to them hey you should try a new HTC or android... They fixed a lot... Your post came off like your slapping htc for older phones....you just could have worded it better.. Like man we have come a long way from the Evo, so many people left android because of buggieness they should try it now... Lmao... You just come out dissing an android forefather on an Android forum..... Smh expect some heat

I get your point though I know people who had the Evo and now have iPhones.... But many of them are bored with iphone and asking me how I like the GS3...

Sent from my GS3....

Lol true

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Sorry if I offended anyone. Honestly didn't mean to at all. I see I created arguments in this thread so I apologize for that as well.

In an attempt to respond accordingly this time, my dad and step mom got the HTC Evo the day it came out (I assume its been 2 years now) and they still have them. They got them because I recommended them and I thought (still sorta do) the Evo was the best phone available. My dad and step mom are simply average smart phone users who have no need for things like rooting or even the Wi-Max speeds. Heck my dad complains about the extra $10 fee he has to pay and in his defense, with Sprint's LTE in Nashville now, maybe he shouldn't have to pay that fee. Point is they complain all the time that the Evo doesn't work for them. Slow, hangs, restarts and what not. So I could see how the OP would thing this would sour anyone's taste on HTC.

Last HTC phone I personally owned was the Rezound. It was a good phone with a nice display, dev support and what not. With the other phones out now it will be interesting to see what HTC is releasing to compete.

Again I apologize if I offended anyone. By no means was that in my intentions.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
The Samsung Fascinate was my first Android after a line string of HTC Windows Mobile devices. The Fascinate was GARBAGE IMHO. I hated it. When charging, the Fascinate would overheat and shut down. The nice looking LED screen was worthless in any bright light. The touch button sensitivity was odd, requiring you to press them hard. The touch screen wasn't much better. And don't ever expect the GPS to actually work. Luckily, I was able to move to an HTC Thunderbolt. It worked SO much better then that Fascinate. But after about a year and a half, with the poor battery life of the Thunderbolt, and my wish to try something different, and I got the SIII. I still don't care for TouchWiz, but the SIII hardware is pretty solid. The only hardware issue I can find is the odd automatic brightness control. Strange how the Fascinate hardware was so poor compared to the SIII.

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
The way i see it is that people aren't leaving Android for iPhone based solely on HTC devices. That is a statement that can't be justified.

In my opinion, the reason people are switching to iphones is because their carrier finally has them as supported devices (Sprint & Tmobile). How many people switched from Android to iphone when Verizon finally started carrying them. People wait for their upgrades and choose an iphone because they are the hot device of choice.

The iphone is a status symbol to most that carry them, a look at the phone I have kind of moment when they take them out of their pocket or purse.

HTC is not my most favorite of hardware developers, but even I see that they make decent phones. Like most people, I have read about some problems their devices have, either hardware or software, but nothing that would show me that "lots" of users are switching to another OS because of them. If Android users are switching to iOS, it could be something with the Android OS that is turning them off.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Octahedron

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I like HTC. My HTC One V works great and looks sleek. It's all I need in android. I think that people jumping from android to ios are just misinformed users. An android phone is like a pc. It'll run good at first regardless, but if you don't know what you're doing it will show.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

pincherdemus

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I guess you sister in law never discovered the fabulous panorama feature of her Captivate. A new feature on Iphone 5.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Curtis A

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Got rid of my iPhone 3g when I saw the OG EVO. I watched a lot of netflix on that kickstand. Loved that phone. It did overheat a few times, not nearly as much as the iPhone when I was tethering.

And when I was ready to move on, I sold it to a coworker for $150. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
They have....But if you have any Dinc "Verizon" you haven't had a chance to see it... Verizon doesn't have a true oneX series device... Now I'm not on HTC cause I got tired of sense and I agree they need to bring more innovation but they can't out of fear of apple... HTC doesn't have Samsung money to pay apple in court... So they are stuck... But we shouldn't disrespect what they did for Android

Oh and I wanted a multi carrier phone like the GS3....I want htc to have one flagship device that looks the same on each carrier once a year... You buy one htc or Moto and a better one is out next month... Like Iphone with GS3... U get their beat tech for at least a year in one phone...
That's my #1 reason for leaving htc
Sent from my GS3....

That's exactly what I want. A HTC device thats the same on every carrier. The next phone I'm getting won't be a HTC unless they step up their game.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums

Micah Shock

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I find this hard to believe. In android old days, the must have phones were HTC initially and this was long before the galaxy.

The mytouch series, the droid eris, incredible, hero and Later hero. Even after the galaxy, HTC line up was fairly decent.

I personally think it had to be Motorola phone s people had issues with because pre-fall 2011, Motorola had horrid and slow phones not on par with other androids. Compare HTC early offerings to phones like the back flip, the devour, the cliq series, the charm, and others and you will see why I disagree with the HTC thing.

On a side note, Motorola has come so far from a horrible moto cliq to phones like the RAZR.

Sent From Shock's Samsung GS3

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
My experience with the Motorola Droid 2 and Android 2.3 update pushed me to the iPhone 4S. Numerous lockups, kernel panics and general instability daily was too much. I can handle a few apps here and there misbehaving, but for the phone to brick when making calls, texts, or playing music was not a good thing.
Fortunately I'm having a much better experience so far with the GS3, and the 4S found a new home with one of my daughters.

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
My experience with the Motorola Droid 2 and Android 2.3 update pushed me to the iPhone 4S. Numerous lockups, kernel panics and general instability daily was too much. I can handle a few apps here and there misbehaving, but for the phone to brick when making calls, texts, or playing music was not a good thing.
Fortunately I'm having a much better experience so far with the GS3, and the 4S found a new home with one of my daughters.

Bad phones like the Droid 2 and LG Vortex and other low budget phones push people away from Android to the IPhone.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
The evo was a powerhouse are you kidding me op that phone helped put android on the map especially for sprint who at the time had the samsung moment:thumbdown: and the intercept:thumbdown::thumbdown: that phone held strong all the way to its eos people regard it to this day as a game changer. That's almost as bad as the people who say the nsx didn't change the supercar world. All talk no research

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Bad phones like the Droid 2 and LG Vortex and other low budget phones push people away from Android to the IPhone.

That's a good point. The low end phones would contribute to the bad feelings some folks had about Android. My wife had an LG Ally, and although she liked the form factor, the lack of memory caused lots of problems.

Steve

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

Yes, that appears to be a problem. Interestingly my wife is ready soon for an upgrade and likes the S3's form factor and overall features. The discussion we're having now is around the pros/cons of leaving the iTunes and App ecosystem she's built up and is quite adept with over the years. I've been up front with her that there is not an equivalent iTunes experience (at least one that I'm aware of) yet for Android. That, rather than moving to a different OS, is probably going to be the biggest factor in her decision. On a more selfish note, I want whatever will help minimize stress and decrease tech support issue frequency and severity at home.

Curtis A

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes, that appears to be a problem. Interestingly my wife is ready soon for an upgrade and likes the S3's form factor and overall features. The discussion we're having now is around the pros/cons of leaving the iTunes and App ecosystem she's built up and is quite adept with over the years. I've been up front with her that there is not an equivalent iTunes experience (at least one that I'm aware of) yet for Android. That, rather than moving to a different OS, is probably going to be the biggest factor in her decision. On a more selfish note, I want whatever will help minimize stress and decrease tech support issue frequency and severity at home.

I've kept an iPad for this reason. When ever I need the app store, it's there.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

smithe68

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Not only did you call him ignorant, you called his friends ignorant. Look the word up in the dictionary. Now, I'm going to point out that you are ignorant. How does that feel?

Ignorance can be cured, stupidity can't. That being said, the original EVO was a great phone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
@ Curtis A. Good point. We have a few of those around the house. Agree that this may be a good "bridge" device, or security blanket and method to help with the transition. Most of her apps and the little kid apps are under the same account so that investment and ecosystem will carry on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord