I finally gave up my DNA.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I passed on phones from Samsung and HTC but my new G3 is charging now. Will decide these next two weeks if it's a keeper or not.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

cegabq

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Hope you'll report back here. My DNA is going strong {fingers crossed} but I've been wondering what my next phone might be.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Update?

Posted via Android Central App

Have been working 12 hour shifts since purchasing Sunday, so I haven't had much time to play with it. First impression is I like it. Will get more in depth this weekend.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

cegabq

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Well, today my dog knocked my DNA off my desk & the screen shattered. It's usable, I've put a screen protector on to keep the bits & pieces of glass in place. I was not at all ready to renew my Verizon contract nor shell out money for a new phone & all of its accessories.
But I'll be watching this thread while trying to figure out what phone I might want if my DNA really starts misbehaving. I do still have my previous Thunderbolt that I could put back into action, but that's a real step backward.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
So tomorrow is my 14th day and I will be keeping the G3. In a nutshell it's everything I liked about the DNA and also fixes what I didn't like. Big great looking screen, feels good in hand, works with no issues (exchanged my first one, this one is issue free). The DNA had a pretty good camera, this one is better, plus a removable battery and accepts a SD card. It's a great phone period

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
So tomorrow is my 14th day and I will be keeping the G3. In a nutshell it's everything I liked about the DNA and also fixes what I didn't like. Big great looking screen, feels good in hand, works with no issues (exchanged my first one, this one is issue free). The DNA had a pretty good camera, this one is better, plus a removable battery and accepts a SD card. It's a great phone period

Glad to see the exchange worked out for you.

I also left an HTC (One) for the G3 and I'm pretty satisfied.

One thing I do give htc is they do build a durable phone. That's been my experience anyway

Posted via Android Central App

cegabq

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious about whether you considered the Samsung Galaxy S5?
And over the weekend my dog knocked my DNA off my desk & the screen shattered. A screen protector is keeping everything in place & everything seems to work - except that it's pretty hard to read anything on the lower half of the screen. So now I have to begin thinking about a new phone BUT I'm not ready for an upgrade yet & don't have the money to pay full price :'(

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm curious about whether you considered the Samsung Galaxy S5?
And over the weekend my dog knocked my DNA off my desk & the screen shattered. A screen protector is keeping everything in place & everything seems to work - except that it's pretty hard to read anything on the lower half of the screen. So now I have to begin thinking about a new phone BUT I'm not ready for an upgrade yet & don't have the money to pay full price :'(
No, I never considered the S5. The worst experience and most trouble I have ever had with a smart phone was a Samsung device. I know they aren't the same but the whole headache left a sour taste for Samsung.

dnafog

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I have to wait until March to upgrade.
I've been getting some brief, minor Sim card interruptions which don't really bother me.
Maybe the M8 will be free by then.
;)

cegabq

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I have to wait until March to upgrade.
I've been getting some brief, minor Sim card interruptions which don't really bother me.
Maybe the M8 will be free by then.
;)

I've got to wait until December - not quite so long; so far, even with a shattered screen, with the screen protector on, it's working fine - just very hard to read anything on the bottom third of the screen {keeping fingers crossed until December; if it does stop working, I'll reactivate my Thunderbolt until I can upgrade}

DrGonzo48

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
For better or worse I have decided to downsize. The new droid maxx is a rumor and the xperia z3 compact is a distant dream. The fire sale for the 2013 moto x is here - $.01 for 16 gig and $50 for 32. My DNA has been a great phone, though the os update before the most recent one made me hate it for a while. I know I'll miss wireless charging but other than that, any reason not to go for it?

1dtbrown

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Droid Does!! I get an upgrade ticket in December and I am dreaming about a Droid Turbo by Motorola. I like the Droids I started with an original Motorola Droid and like it a lot , no problems with it. Then upgraded to a HTC DNA which is still great but there has always been software issues I can't explain lots of times it cleared with a restart. onto bigger and better

Possible new Motorola DROID seen in FCC, Verizon-bound - Android Community

TrajDroid

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Yup im done with mine and HTC for now....Ive only ever had HTC smartphones and before that a lot of LG dumb phones (i still miss my EnV flip screen). Now im just waiting for my upgrade and grabbing the G3. Cant wait!