I keep getting Pop Ups, no clue how to get rid of them.

mullenlegend

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
It's been about three days since it started. I searched all over these forums and googled a lot and I could not find an answer, so next best thing is to post and ask you users!

So it all started when I downloaded Flappy bird or whatever it is called to see what the hype was about. After discovering it being an awful game I deleted it and now pop ups com up at least 1 every 30 mins. Not in my notification but on my actual screen. "Win 1 millions dollar!" "Download" "Top apps of the day" a bunch of useless crap. I can't seem to find the source of the pop ups. I download app pusher, and avg, but nothing found it. It started when I downloaded flappy bird so I think all my apps before that were all pop up free. Thanks! :D

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Considering how insanely popular Flappy Birds is, I wouldn't be surprised if there were a lot of knockoffs or adware/malware-infested counterfeit copies out there. Did you install this exact one directly from the Google Play Store, from .GEARS Studios?

If you installed from somewhere else, or if you installed an app claiming to be Flappy Birds that wasn't from .GEARS Studios, then you probably installed some adware as well. Go to Settings>Apps>Downloaded, and go through each one, seeing if any of them seem unusual or suspicious.

mullenlegend

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Considering how insanely popular Flappy Birds is, I wouldn't be surprised if there were a lot of knockoffs or adware/malware-infested counterfeit copies out there. Did you install this exact one directly from the Google Play Store, from .GEARS Studios?

If you installed from somewhere else, or if you installed an app claiming to be Flappy Birds that wasn't from .GEARS Studios, then you probably installed some adware as well. Go to Settings>Apps>Downloaded, and go through each one, seeing if any of them seem unusual or suspicious.
I deleted it when it started so it is not in my downloads. The pops do continue though

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Right, but where did you install your version of Flappy Birds from? My point was that if you installed it from somewhere else besides Google Play, or if you somehow installed a counterfeit version, it may have also installed some other adware app. So if you subsequently uninstalled Flappy Birds, that other adware app might still be present somewhere.

elissa penn

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as u my friend. If you're a Verizon Customer..... Just disable that program because Verizon Customer Support/service will NEVER HELP YOU!! RUN. FLEE.....DISABLE THE PROGRAM. VERIZON WILL GO OUT OF THEIR WAY NOT TO HELP YOU! JUST LETTING YOU KNOW MY WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, but what are you referring to? What are you suggesting be disabled?

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usapana_098