is my battery fried?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

bought a Motorola 5g stylus 2022. broke the screen within a week bought a replacement screen replaced it with success and that night it fell out of my pocket as i stepped on it in gravel. shattered the acreen again. put it on the shelf in my ahop for a fewonths till i had the time to buy another screen. replaced it yet agaon, now it tirns on slightly with the indicator light flashing twice as well as the screen popping up with a battery symbol saying its charging them goes blank. if o hold down power button i can get kt to power on very shortly then go black again. i can also get it to do a factory rest up untill the point it goes fo reset but it wont allow it because rhe phone needs to be plugged in for power but wont reset with charger plugged in. my question is, is it my battery? would i be wasting money buying a new battery. please help!!!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
bought a Motorola 5g stylus 2022. broke the screen within a week bought a replacement screen replaced it with success and that night it fell out of my pocket as i stepped on it in gravel. shattered the acreen again. put it on the shelf in my ahop for a fewonths till i had the time to buy another screen. replaced it yet agaon, now it tirns on slightly with the indicator light flashing twice as well as the screen popping up with a battery symbol saying its charging them goes blank. if o hold down power button i can get kt to power on very shortly then go black again. i can also get it to do a factory rest up untill the point it goes fo reset but it wont allow it because rhe phone needs to be plugged in for power but wont reset with charger plugged in. my question is, is it my battery? would i be wasting money buying a new battery. please help!!!!

It's too new to be a battery problem, and the problem happened too suddenly. It's most likely something that happened when you replaced the 2nd screen. Maybe go back in and make sure there's no loose connectors, no wires touching that are causing a short etc. Just thoroughly check your work. Or take it to a shop if you can afford it.