Question with Google messaging

1eyejack

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
True but you don't get encryption with SMS not that I had any issues from not being encrypted
Exactly as I stated in post #19.

I switched over to the the Samsung messaging app and have had no issues so far. Plus being able to selectively delete messages in a thread is super convenient IMO.

Reactions: mustang7757

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Exactly as I stated in post #19.

I switched over to the the Samsung messaging app and have had no issues so far. Plus being able to selectively delete messages in a thread is super convenient IMO.
Off topic but if you have an unlocked on verizon and it came with Google messages which I use and like but my husband has always used the Samsung one and it wasn't on our phones can he get it he likes it better.

1eyejack

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Off topic but if you have an unlocked on verizon and it came with Google messages which I use and like but my husband has always used the Samsung one and it wasn't on our phones can he get it he likes it better.
The Samsung messaging app comes on all Samsung phones from what I understand (At least it was on my unlocked S24 active on T-Mobile) and should be in the app drawer of your phone. Locate the app in the app drawer and set said app as the default. If not in your app drawer then download said app from the Samsung App Store.

Hope this helps

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'd be surprised if they didn't include it. Google is definitely the default being that you cannot disable or uninstall it. The Samsung app can be disabled.

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Yes. I've been using Google Messages on Verizon since 2019. That was on a locked Note 10+, S22 Ultra, and now unlocked S24 Ultra.

Reactions: Laura Knotek