Just do a full reset if you are getting poor battery life...please

cmoody1906

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
hey my phone is about to die, should I fully charge it then do the factory reset, or do the factory reset now then charge it once its done?
Mid-day update:
The phone has been on battery for 16 hrs and 45 minutes after my reset last night. It is at 67% battery remaining. This includes a 53 minute call and 54 minutes of screen time. It projects 1 day 9 hours of battery left. If that is true, I shouldn't have to charge my phone again until tomorrow night. We shall see...I will do another update later tonight.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
No issues here.

I just did my usual battery cycle. First time opening it I used it until it dropped to 5% and then fully charged it. I do this twice and then charge it whenever I feel like it.

SHIFT_sixty four s6 edge

akutch34

Trusted Member
May 26, 2011
Visit site
No issues here. I just got mine yesterday and spent the whole day doing the usual new phone antics.... the battery held ion very well through all the updating, downloading, customizing, etc. Very thankful.

ilordvader

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
A Must do is go to Settings / Application Manager & Force stop all the Apps that you Don't use
that will really make a difference

Also lower Brightness to 30 or 40%

Strandvaskeren

May 15, 2016
Visit site
Hi

Just wanted to chime in, even though it's and old thread, to let you know it's full of awesomeness!

Bought an Galaxy S4 mini a couple of weeks ago and it got horrible battery life. I would recharge it at 10 pm in the evening, do absolutely nothing with it before going to bed and wake up at 7 am to 43% battery left.

I fiddled around with power saving mode and uninstalled everything I didn't need, but still the battery life were horrible.

Then I googled and found this thread and even though this is an S6 thread and I have an S4 I gave the advice a try.

First I let the battery run down all the way. At 4% battery life I got bored and held down the three buttons, wiped cache and so on and did a reboot.

Half an hour later the phone ran out of juice and shut down. I tried restarting it, but no go.

Connected it to the charger and let it fully charge. Once fully charged I powered it on, saw that the phone said 99% battery, so I put it back on the charger.

Then I held down the three buttons and did another cache wipe and reboot.

I picked my language, entered my google account sign on and all that, uninstalled whatever I didn't need, install what I needed, put it in power saving mode, limited the cpu performance a bit (since I don't need it) and turned off the light on the back and menu buttons. Nothing crazy, just regular power saving stuff. I turned the brightness up a bit because I found the power saving brightness too dull.

I'm not sure what part did it, but right now I'm sitting at 52% after 2 days 13 hours, so I'm looking at roughly 4 days of battery life which is nothing short of amazing.

So thanks a lot for all the advise!

zita williams

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
I kept getting told before I brought mine that the battery sucks on s6 edge...but mines great the old advice is always the best turn off location services when not needed close apps turn off WiFi etc
I really am pleasantly surprised by the % of battery I have left at the end of the day!

Posted via the Android Central App

Jimmyyyyy

Jul 3, 2017
Visit site
My Galaxy S6 Edge was performing poorly in terms of battery life which forced me to perform a hard factory reset. I just reset it a few hours ago, and the only thing that has improved is the speed of the phone. However, the battery life of the phone is still very poor. I have only installed a few apps like whatsapp, youtube, instagram, clash royale, spotify and 9GAG. Nothing else. Is there anything that I should do?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe