[LEAK] "48 hours of worry-free battery life"

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Where are you seeing 48 hours of on screen? I'm interpreting that as 48 hours between charges unless they specify an screen on number.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
The Droid Razr Maxx didn't live up to it's battery hype so I dunno...My Galaxy Note 2 does though...

What? The Razr Maxx is the only recent smartphone that I don't have to charge during the middle of the day. I look forward to this new phone and the possibility of charging every other day.

I think I found my new phone, but I will wait until its been out for a bit before I jump on it. Lesson learned from the Bionic. I should have passed on that phone and not gotten it on day one.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Moto, I want to believe. So here is the game plan for a winning device, and consumer mindshare. Give us incredible battery life, a high def non pentile display, a camera with your new clear pixel tech, and vanilla android that will receive updates almost as fast as a nexus (ie, keep it free of OEM software). Throw in the fastest processor and at least 2 GB of RAM and I will throw my money at you and even pay full price to keep off contract and hold on to my unlimited data plan. Make THIS and watch the fans line up.

If it's got the extra sensors the X is rumored to be getting, there will be extra OEM/Motorola software pre-loaded.

And here's the thing - fans did "line-up" for the RAZRs at Verizon anyway - in the sense that the RAZR line was/is a top-selling line at Verizon even besting the iPhone and Galaxy at some points, IIRC. What Motorola needs to do is take these Ultra phones to everyone. Sadly, this is probably not going to be the case. Verizon's potentially going to launch 4 Motorola models this year (Ultra Mini, X, Ultra, Ultra Maxx) while everyone else only gets an X.

lumpysherman

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: [LEAK] "48 hours of worry-free battery life"

fat chance, full of Blur and VZW bloatware with a locked bootloader so it can't be removed.

- - - Updated - - -

48 hours battery life? Sure if you just leave it sit and do nothing with it.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: [LEAK] "48 hours of worry-free battery life"

fat chance, full of Blur and VZW bloatware with a locked bootloader so it can't be removed.

- - - Updated - - -

48 hours battery life? Sure if you just leave it sit and do nothing with it.

Sweet. Your first post here. I'll take the bait.

Have you seen Blur on Jelly Bean (Jelly Blur?)? Looks near stock.

Other than the Amazon deal, Verizon hasn't been loading much bloat. In fact, through official updates, my Bionic has less Verizon bloat now than when it shipped with Gingerbread. Oh and locked bootloader? Irrelevant to the masses. If an open bootloader is high on your list of priorities, there are tons of other options.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
48 hours of luscious on screen time? If so, this device will be solid.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

You thought they meant SOT? Really? LOL. Now that would be something....

No problem getting 5hr SOT and days standby these days with my aokp pub/franco'd N4 (syncing everything, actually using the phone to call daily, camera/videos, browsing/light gaming) with a "lousy" little battery. Impress me Moto, and you'll impress anyone. That said, I left my battery wants with my beloved ol gnex.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I'll play. :cool: Sealed/embedded battery? Meh, no thanks! Doesn't matter how great battery life may be on it, you're still limited to that one battery and having to tether the device to something to charge it (and for whatever duration it takes to do so). At least with a user-replaceable battery, you're not limited in that way and can have as many spare batteries as you wish to swap out any time to get back to a full charge within minutes. :) As to going two days straight, I do it frequently with the Note 2 (with the stock 3100mAh battery and always on LTE, never Wi-Fi). :p

Screenshot_2013-06-27-10-25-51.pngScreenshot_2013-06-27-10-25-43.png

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Two days straight isn't that hard if you don't actually use the device for anything. I could get close to that if I leave me S3 sitting on the table at home, with full bars on both wifi and cellular, and never pick it up and turn on the screen.

Alex Yemat

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
My droid ultra is not getting me 48 hours or even 24 hours of battery life. I'm getting about 7 to 8 hours of moderate use.
In fact, went to a concert this past saturday night, took a bunch of photos, recorded some 1080p video, uploaded to facebook and google plus, and by the time the concert was over, I had just 13% of battery life remaining.... Not Great! Keep in mind, I had nearly 100% three hours earlier at the start of the concert.

I do have some apps and services running in the background, but I would still except better battery life from a flagship verizon phone.

harrisondisc

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
My droid ultra is not getting me 48 hours or even 24 hours of battery life. I'm getting about 7 to 8 hours of moderate use.
In fact, went to a concert this past saturday night, took a bunch of photos, recorded some 1080p video, uploaded to facebook and google plus, and by the time the concert was over, I had just 13% of battery life remaining.... Not Great! Keep in mind, I had nearly 100% three hours earlier at the start of the concert.

I do have some apps and services running in the background, but I would still except better battery life from a flagship verizon phone.

It's not supposed to. The Maxx is the 48 hour battery.

And if you shot a bunch of HD video and pics, and uploaded them, you taxed the battery quite a bit. Not surprised it drained that much.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Picked up an Ultra this weekend and I took the phone off the charger just before 7am and by 10pm, I still had 54% with average use. Not bad at all, good to know I can get through a full day without worrying too much.

Sharee L

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
That's actually the line on the Droid Maxx, the Ultra is suppose to have almost 24 hours of battery life. I have one and if I don't use it for anything at all, that is a true statement. Unfortunately, I am an extremely heavy talk/data user on my devices and I have been averaging about 8-9 hours of battery life. I am literally on my phone the entire time so I haven't been disappointed with the battery life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vergoña69