Live Messge - size too large

avandie

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
When I try to send Live Messages, the message won't send and then comes back with an error saying "Message Not Sent: Too Large". Anyone else getting this and if so, have you been able to fix it?

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
When I try to send Live Messages, the message won't send and then comes back with an error saying "Message Not Sent: Too Large". Anyone else getting this and if so, have you been able to fix it?
there might be an app setting that limits the size of the message.

Brian Schemenski1

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I set it to 5mbs for mms message and that worked. However my brother on an iPhone thru att, can't receive it. Too large on his end. Again why didn't Samsung think this thru. Same as premium care, received two free months w purchase and they can't tell me how to continue after two months. Lastly, mine is unlocked so no hd voice.

tmo1973

Sep 12, 2017
Visit site
I don't think this is Samsung's issue. My daughter has an iPhone and gets my live messages just fine. We are both on TMobile. Maybe it is an ATT thing or his iPhone settings?

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

I'm having the same issue. no solution yet though I've tried several things.

Last edited:

Risley88

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site
I believe all USA carriers limit MMS/SMS to 1MB and no more. Thats why iMessage is king! Send any size you want. I really wished Android/Samsung/LG etc.. would get their $hit together. I hate sending links in texts just so someone can view a pic or video.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Most carriers limit to 1 MB. It varies sometimes but usually you can't text or MMS a large message.

Risley88

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site
Most carriers limit to 1 MB. It varies sometimes but usually you can't text or MMS a large message.

Hi Almeuit,
Exactly...
What I'd love to know is why do the carriers cap the size? We the customers are paying for the data, if we exceed our data limit we pay even more. But at least let us send whatever size MMS we want to send!

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
For now it's probably best to send them via an app that doesn't rely on regular SMS/MMS. Something like Allo (ok LOL), WhatsApp, or FB Messenger. Because even if you do get it to send it will be horribly compressed and the animation will not look the same as it does on your phone when you make it. It gets all choppy once compressed and frankly ruins the whole thing. That's why Apple just needs to go ahead and open up iMessage to Android. I know it's a complete fantasy and will never happen. BUT if they did, they would automatically rule messaging in the US. The rest of the world mostly uses WhatsApp anyway and only about 50 people even know what the hell Allo is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roth4796