LLaLarLarrLarry

lbohen

Jan 11, 2024
Visit site
This morning, I was trying to create an online account and this issue, all of a sudden, is happening.

When entering any text in the create account form, additional characters get added but not by me.

For example, when trying to enter my first name, Larry, the text that is entered is LLaLarLarrLarry.

What might be causing this, and how do I fix it?

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Try cleaning the screen, if you have a screen protector try removing it. Try clearing the cache and if that doesn't work the data on your keyboard app.

It is possible that the digitizer is dying because the S7 is older than my grandparents.

It's also possible that your phone has just developed a little bit of a stutter. If that's the case it's probably a bit self conscious about it and you should avoid bringing attention to it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Laura Knotek

lbohen

Jan 11, 2024
Visit site
I use whatever keyboard is in my S7.

I think that the issue is being caused by a very low / or failing battery. Could a low battery cause the issue?

I'm charging the phone now.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
These sort of issues are caused by electrical disruptions, but would be the first time I've heard of a bad battery being the cause. Usually it's interference from a screen protector, loose hardware, or a bad cable connection (including bad USB cables). For the cost it would be to fix it, it may just be time to upgrade. It's almost an 8 year old device, so it's a little surprising it's lasted this long for you.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174