Losing network connectivity (very odd)

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
I have an unlocked (from Samsung) S22U, 512g, on a TMO sim. (the phone's white, if that matters lol)

A few times in the past week, or so, incoming calls have gone straight to VM. No texts come through. No emails. After restarting the phone, all is back to working fine. I've not found a thread already dealing with this, so apologies if already addressed somewhere.

There is no rhyme nor reason for this...that is, I cannot identify any particular type of usage that I'm engaging in that explains this. Any insight or suggestions appreciated.

Peace

Reactions: kixfan

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't depend who the caller is? Will the same caller sometimes get through and sometimes go straight to voicemail?

What's your cell signal like? If it's weak, that might prevent the call from getting through, and therefore default to voicemail.

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
cell signal is strong (according to the indicator). one call was local, another was out of state...no consistency with when it happens.

outgoing calls aren't a problem.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
trying to avoid that. curious if anyone else has experienced what I have. if not, a network reset is an option.
Haven't experienced anything on mine , I did with TMobile on my unlock pixel 7 pro about a month ago at a Dunkin donuts I get my coffee lost service untill I left that never happened but straighten itself out after that day .

Reactions: notforhire

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue at work. Calls not ringing through top my phone but going to voicemail. I only discovered it by leaving my watch at home by mistake. Wife asked me who keeps calling me. I had no idea the calls were even coming in. It would ring on the watch but not on the phone. I'm guessing in my case it's because the watch thinks I don't have my phone so it taking all the calls instead of the phone.

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
To my knowledge, I've not experienced a loss of connectivity since I originally posted this thread. I do see, occasionally, zero bars for mobile signal, though that lasts only 30 seconds or so. I've done nothing to solve the problem...calling it a 'ghost in the machine.'

Mods can close this thread, if it seems proper.

Reactions: B. Diddy

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
To my knowledge, I've not experienced a loss of connectivity since I originally posted this thread. I do see, occasionally, zero bars for mobile signal, though that lasts only 30 seconds or so. I've done nothing to solve the problem...calling it a 'ghost in the machine.'

Mods can close this thread, if it seems proper.
We can keep it open

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
ok, so it happened again last night. my daughter tried to call me (didn't go through), though the only reason I know this is that she texted me and informed me. then an hour or so later, my bride (from the other room) sent me 3 texts...got nothing. after restarting my phone, all 3 texts landed.

possible sim problem?

leading me to my next question: I have a physical sim from TMO. if I convert to eSIM, will any problems with the physical sim carry over to the eSIM?

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
You happen to use a signal booster at home? I ask because your issue sounds very familiar as I had issues with my S23 Ultra at home, but for me it was only calls and not texts. Started this thread about it.

I've unplugged my signal booster and so far so good

NeoTreo

May 17, 2016
Visit site
BOTTOM LINE - T-IMmobile just sucks.
Even when using WiFi calling, calls drop or do not connect.
I have their 4G LTE Cellspot extender and found it was best to turn on the phone's airplane mode to halt all connections. Wait 10-seconds and turn airplane mode off for my S22 Ultra to grab connections again. I also use the google store app "Network Cell Info & Wifi " by M2Catalyst to check signal strengths within the building.

Don't RESTART the phone, just cycle through AIRPLANE MODE to reset all connections.

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
You happen to use a signal booster at home? I ask because your issue sounds very familiar as I had issues with my S23 Ultra at home, but for me it was only calls and not texts. Started this thread about it.

I've unplugged my signal booster and so far so good
I am not using a signal booster...have a nice strong signal at the house.

NeoTreo

May 17, 2016
Visit site
I am not using a signal booster...have a nice strong signal at the house.
Yep, I got an eero mesh running in the house and WiFi is STRONG (for the Wyze cameras). I got the free 4G LTE Cellspot extender from T-IMmobile years ago. Gotta plug it into your router and lead a GPS antenna wire. Just put in a complaint that calls are dropping and they'll offer to send it to you rather than losing your money. Its a band aid not a cure. It does increase the WiFi calling strength but calls still drop. Not enough development where I live for a 5G tower.

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
so, the bride's new S23U (unlocked from Samsung, TMO sim) started experiencing the same thing I experienced above. yesterday, we figured out that she had missed a couple of important calls...all while at the house. since we can't have that, I converted her old-ish physical sim to eSIM.

in addition, I've put her phone (and mine) on WiFi calling. I haven't done WiFi calling since my old Nexus 6 days. In theory, should the WiFi calling ameliorate the connectivity/signal strength issues we've encountered? inquiring mind over here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali