Man these two latest updates are junk..

Emig5m

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
My S21 Ultra ran like a supercomputer when it was new and now after the latest two updates runs like crap. Anyone notice when unlocking your phone how laggy the home screen comes up now? Not to mention the overheating issue where it would overheat so bad that it would throttle down and begin to glitch while playing a youtube video without the screen even being on. I'm about ready to factory reset and not allow any updates...

Lecrae116

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
After that open galaxy labs and run the good guardians app (Formally known as Galaxy Labs) and run the galaxy app booster after you so major system or security updates.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Not running into any of those issues. Still as fast and cool as the day I got it. My only gripe is the horrible fingerprint reader.

Emig5m

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried clearing cache in recovery?

Just did... Initially the biometrics login is faster, will have to monitor the rest with time but it begs the question, what's in the cache to cause slowdowns and why even have it if it causes slowdowns?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Just did... Initially the biometrics login is faster, will have to monitor the rest with time but it begs the question, what's in the cache to cause slowdowns and why even have it if it causes slowdowns?
Over time the phone build up data files especially old ones so they need clearing up , software updates can do this also .

Last edited:

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
It's definitely the screen protector that interferes with the FPS. I haven't used a FPS for the past several months and it's as close to perfect as you can get

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Zero issues here to be fair

Fingerprint reader is fine for me also; I've both thumbs registered and that's it. Sometimes it will misread as my thumbs have been shredded doing grip training or lifting heavy stones, so I just roll my thumb tip to one side or the other

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
It amazes me that Samsung has known it's FPR are sluggiest but still don't do anything about it. They should do a better face id like apple has now that works period never an issue.

Roadijeff

Mar 5, 2021
Visit site
Why should they do something about a FPS that works great for most people?

Same here. The fingerprint reader works pretty well on my S21 Ultra. I use my index finger and sometimes rock it back and forth a few times to get it to read but I usually don't have to do that. It has a screen protector and I do not have the option turned on that supposedly increases touch screen sensitivity when using a screen protector.