Mighty Text not working

kdog509adam75

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site

So I downloaded Mighty Text app and installed it on my S-3. Then went to the Mighty Text web page on my desk top and sent a couple of test messages to my phone. Messages were not received. Also the app on my phone does not appear to be able to send a text message.

So would I be correct in concluding that Might Text only works between a desk/laptop and a tablet.

kdog509adam75

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
did you also install the MightyText Chrome Extension on your PC?

MightyText | Install MightyText

No, but when I did, it still is not working.
But let me ask another question. I'm with AT&T. I have unlimited data plan. When I was under that plan with my iPhone (3GS) I had a 200 text message included in that plan. When I upgraded to the S-3, the rep told me I could not carry over the text message option, since it was unique to the iPhone plan. He did offer to put me on an unlimited text message plan with my S-3. Now I'm not a real big text message type of dude and I knew that offer was a rip off to me, so I declined.

However, a thought just occurred to me. When I'm at home, my phone connects to my WiFi network. So my AT&T data plan should not take a hit because everything is coming over WiFi from my ISP not AT&T right? That being the case, as long as I'm within range of my WiFi (Or any WiFi network for that matter) I should be able to send as many text messages as I want without AT&T charging me some outrageous 20 cents a message or whatever they charge, right? So if I wanted to use say the messaging app that came installed on my phone I should be good, no?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
wow K-Dog you're really jumping all over the place.

1. MightyText should work if you follow the set up instructions correctly.
2. Text/SMS Messages are different than a Data Plan. It is a separate feature that requires its own plan feature. However, MMS (Picture Messages and Group Messaging) may ALSO use your Data Services (Cellular or WIFI) in the process. So you still need a Text/SMS Plan with an appropriate allotment of Messages. Most cell plans today in the Year of our Lord 2014 include Unlimited Text Messages and i think if you don't have this you are getting ripped off. You might want to consider AT&T's GoPhone Service along with an Unlocked phone. $60/Month for Unlimited Talk/Text/2.5GB of Data.

Get an Unlimited Plan! (3:05)

Entourage: Best of Marvin (Vince's financial advisor) - YouTube

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
So would I be correct in concluding that Might Text only works between a desk/laptop and a tablet.
If you read the first Note in the Description you would conclude that you must have a Messaging plan with your carrier - MightyText uses your existing plan to send SMS/MMS using your phone number.

If you wanted to use Wi-Fi to send messages from your phone without having to have a Messaging plan you'd have to use something like WhatsApp http://market.android.com/details?id=com.whatsapp but that would require the other person to be using the same app. It also doesn't have a computer component. But there are likely others that do.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Martin_Markov