New Speed Charge/Battery Status Lock Screen with annoying ads "just appeared" on GN4

Zuburg

May 24, 2016
Visit site
So, 2 days ago, a new lock screen "on top of" my regular lock screen "magically appeared" on my Note 4.

It shows time/date in upper left corner, and a ... menu in the upper right that allows me to turn off speed charging. Then, a % charged indicator, and underneath that, some annoying ad... at the bottom, there is a "slide to unlock", which then goes to my Nova Launcher lock screen, which I have setup with my fingerprint scanner.

So basically, now I have to go through an additional lock screen and view an annoying ad to get into my phone.

I have no idea where this came from, and to the best of my recollection, I haven't added any new apps.

Any idea how to get rid of this?

Thanks for your help!

I had the same problem. I went to Settings > Apps, and clicked on the Running tab. This lists all the Apps that are actually running including those in the background. I found several that I haven't used in a very long time. So I clicked on them and found a Stop button that would let you stop the process. The culprit was an app called Photo Editor Pro. There was a sub-process called Lock Service that I believe was causing the problem. I decided to uninstall the Photo Editor Pro app because the Lock Service was imbedded and could not uninstall it separately. There is also a Settings icon in the top right corner of the Lock Screen, as well as a Setting option inside Photo Editor Pro for turning off the Charging Lock Screen. I believe Photo Editor Pro is an Ad supported Free App, so maybe other similar Apps use the same Power Lock Screen.

Hope this helps.

fullshred

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I got the sAmerican thing. ES file Explorer recently updated and added a bunch of new features and took the liberty of activating them all. If you have that app, that is most likely where it came from. Today I pressed the wake button to my phone and discovered that the lock screen had changed to a blue liquid that corresponded the percentage of my battery. Also had an advertising, was able to disable it through the menu button on the top right corner. Also noticed on the notification tray was a button that said allow special permissions. When I clicked on it it launched ES File Explorer. HOPED THIS HELPED!!!

That was driving me mad! Thank you! It was ES file explorer for me. I upgraded to pro and it went away. I hated all the rubbish they added to the free version anyway..

BoydAdams

May 24, 2016
Visit site
So after download various adware removers etc.I deleted "Interval Timer 4 HIIT workout" and it's gone. Looks like you'll have to find the app that pushes the ads and delete. If it helps the app had "AD" on it so I could see it was showing ads.

mspreng

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Seems the problem app for me was 'Photo Editor Pro' I checked under memory for apps I didn't recognize that used memory in the last 3 hours, found that, uninstalled and lock screen went away.

From com.zentertain.photoeditor

f22fixer

May 28, 2016
Visit site
I had this too and found that if I hit the bottom left button that pulls up all of the windows/apps open when the lock screen is up, and the bottom most screen had the header of a flashlight app I was using. Uninstalled and it was gone. Try just hitting that button and uninstalling whatever is on the header of that stupid lock screen.

Topazpdr

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site
The easiest method I have found is to
1 hit your recent apps button
2 close all apps
3 plug in your charger
4 when the lock screen with the ad shows up, hit your recent apps button.

It will be the only app running

Uninstall it.

Mvikkiuk88

Jun 3, 2016
Visit site
So, 2 days ago, a new lock screen "on top of" my regular lock screen "magically appeared" on my Note 4.

It shows time/date in upper left corner, and a ... menu in the upper right that allows me to turn off speed charging. Then, a % charged indicator, and underneath that, some annoying ad... at the bottom, there is a "slide to unlock", which then goes to my Nova Launcher lock screen, which I have setup with my fingerprint scanner.

So basically, now I have to go through an additional lock screen and view an annoying ad to get into my phone.

I have no idea where this came from, and to the best of my recollection, I haven't added any new apps.

Any idea how to get rid of this?

Thanks for your help!

I have it too. Just appeared. Nothing downloaded in the last week but my phone did update loads of apps. You can turn it off by pressing the settings icon at the top right hand side of the screen, then unlock your phone and it should come up with a box you can uncheck which will remove it from the screen. Voila :)

squashieselwob

Jun 3, 2016
Visit site
Thank you so much! Have now spent hours and deleted a load of apps trying to work out what was causing me this headache, although it didnt want to be uninstalled in a hurry
Sorry the app was that flashlight one as mentioned above

ritam478

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
It took me days to figure out what was causing the extra lock screen on my phone. It's really weird how many different apps is causing this issue. It ended up being Flash Keyboard on my phone. Not even sure how that app got on my phone since I use SwiftKey. It would pop up with a blue screen and bubbles with advertisements every time I hooked my phone to fast charger.

sure why not

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Jayson,

Close all apps
Close screen by pressing power or whatever
Open to lockscreen and then check what app is running.
Freeze or delete the app that is causing the problem

vforvipul

Jun 10, 2016
Visit site
I got the same screen on my Moto G3. I tried attaching it's screenshot but there's no way to do that in this comment box I am using through Chrome Andriod browser. This is my first day here in Android Central. I will find a way to attach the screenshot & post it later.
Meanwhile, I've noticed that this new spammy screen appeared only after I updated some 4-5 apps that I rarely use LIke Candy Camera, Unit Converter, etc some days back.
After going through many of your answers, now I will try to uninstall those apps, and see if it goes away.
Will update later. Thanks.

Dave Wiley

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
I am having a similar screen to some of the ones I have seen on here but it is slightly different. I have deleted most of the apps on my phone trying to get rid of this and it is driving me crazy! I ran stopbadapp as well as some other adware apps and nothing can find it. Does this look familiar to anyone??
Screenshot_2016-06-16-17-42-44.png

Leox021

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
Sandra_17 The same to me, after a week trying to find which app had included this annoying Adware (Lockscreen-Speed-Charging), I spent too many hours on the web searching how to solve this problem, and finally I found it: I installed an Android Manifest Viewer app to allow me to read the xml file of each suspicious app, and finally I caught it!! Photo Editor pro by Zentertain was the guilty app.

IMG-20160618-WA0000.jpg

I reported to google about it.

cmp9791

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
I have the very same problem, after some trouble, I had to reset the phone and used the backup of settings and apps, after it was finished this nag-screen turned up with a included advertise
View attachment 221791 View attachment 221787
When I "disable it" then it will not turn up the next time, but after that it's back again

The buttons to click at on the screen is only a decoration

I have been deleting the last installed apps, searching with Google all over the planet, but still no luck
As someone ells here it turns up when I plug my phone into charging - but nothing about what I have been typing.
In some other forums, no one had any answer about this

So I'm hoping that someone here can find a solution, and if I find something useful I will be back

Cheers from Sweden!

(I sneaked in here even if I have a Sony Xperia Z1 Compact, hope that it's ok)

I hit the turn off button just to see what it would do and it is still fine and fast charging. It does stop the annoying screen though.

murubaba

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
In my case the offensive application was Solitaire by TaoGames. After uninstall my nexus is back to no ads on charge screen. What a relief...

Cranky Bear

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I didn't look at all the responses, but I just found one of these on my daughter's phone with the same screenshot that Vonzy on 3/23/2016 10:59PM posted, and the culprit was Photo Editor Pro by Zentertain. Their 6/29/2016 update added this crap. Uninstalled.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadadmusa45