New Verizon 5.0 lollipop Build Dropped today??

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Installed about 20 minutes ago. Install had no issues. Too early to tell what the real story is on this build with performance and or battery.

MotleyC

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
I am currently on B0A8 and have tried to run the B0C4 update 4 or 5 times and each time I tell it to reboot to update it boots to recovery mode and sits there until I tell it to restart.

kenorian

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Installing now. Had previously installed lollipop. My biggest issue has been a super slow phone since adding Airwatch because my job requires it. My battery life also went to **** after adding Airwatch onto Lollipop.

Maybe this update will help.

Airwatch SUCKS. My company "requires" it also. I uninstalled it a few months ago, no one has caught on yet. (fingers crossed)

kenorian

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Have only had the latest build installed for 18 hours or so, but battery life sure seems to be better. I also noticed that I had around 36% free ROM before, and I've got 42% free now......

scodumachi

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
I am currently on B0A8 and have tried to run the B0C4 update 4 or 5 times and each time I tell it to reboot to update it boots to recovery mode and sits there until I tell it to restart.

I had the same issue. When it puts you in manual mode try clearing the cache. I did this and the update worked for me . Hope this helps

prlundberg

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Not bad so far. Maybe the equivalent of KitKat in terms of smoothness and lag. Meaning not great, but not the horrible mess it had become. No 3-4 second lags so far. Chrome is much improved.

The original update was OK too for a day so I'm not ready to call it good quite yet.

srayjacobs

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Also had 5.0 since Feb. on Verizon. Not sure about battery usage. Have to give it a try tomorrow. The update gave me Download booster in the more networks that wasn't there before. AnTuTu benchmark didn't change, but that did go up from 37000 to 44000 when I got 5.0 . Looking for 5.1 next.

Galaxy S5

scipper77

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Still on Kit Kat. Is there any device that has had a smooth lollipop update? My Verizon S5 stopped giving me the popup to update to lollipop a week or 2 ago. I guess I can expect it to come back soon.

My 2013 Nexus 7 is also on kitkat pending update. Am I missing out on anything staying on kitkat? Seems like the cons still outweigh the pros.

konvajw

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Really like the smart lock "on body detection" that we now have with this update! Battery life seems better so far. Only minor issue is the sound/vibrate/mute toggle button has locked up on me a couple times (so when I pressed it, the option wouldn't change.)

Posted via the Android Central App

Chad Gardner

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
One day into this update and my phone is fantastic. It operates smoothly again and battery life is greatly improved. I went from 4 PM yesterday to 1:00 PM today on a single charge. That was with heavy use. Phone only dropped 4% overnight. Previously I lost 20-25% over night if off charger.

Posted via the Android Central App

sbhnet

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if I should say this out loud, but everything is running smooth post-OC4! Battery level much improved, no overheating, WiFi on all day, didn't have to reboot or shut down apps... Looking good so far!!

RyMac04

BB Convert
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I had finally gotten my phone back to "Kit Kat" quality on 5.0 after disabling a TON of bloatware, mainly Amazon apps.

I've got this update pending a WiFi connection, so I hope it really cleans things up even more.

Tritonemusic

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Two little things I've noticed since updating a couple of hours ago:

The volume bar seems to be offset slightly to the left when I try to adjust. It's fully functional; I just seem to recall it being centered visually before. Not an issue, at all.
The other thing is that when I'm done with a phone call, and move the phone away from my face, I can hang up immediately. Previously, there seemed to be an annoying 2-3 second delay before I could actually end the call because the screen would remain dark.

If I come up with anyone else, I'll post it.

augerin

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Just got done upgrading to OC4 (I'm on Verizon). It went very smooth, optimizing apps took the longest. One thing kinda gave me a scare: the apps stored on SD card weren't immediatly accessable. There was a weird icon on the home screens where they should be and clicking on that icon took me to the app store to reinstall the app. Before freaking out, restart your phone and they will all be back to normal.
So far everything is definately snappier. Will update battery life tomorrow after a full charge. It wasn't real bad with the first lolly upgrade. I would loose about 2% per hour with light use, not great but not bad.
Hope everyones goes as smooth...

BigJay1416

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm on verizon the update downloaded last night. I tried to install it this morning, it went into the boot recovery manager. Didn't do anything there so I hit reboot phone. So the update failed. Than when I go to check system update it says system update unavailable. Anyone else have this issue?

Attachments

• 1427971655803.jpg
    1427971655803.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 56
  • 1427971666058.jpg
    1427971666058.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 57

ksat

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
UPDATE

There seems to be some confusion as to who is elgible for this latest Verizon update :-\

I trust that the report, here, turns out to be false. Otherwise, it would appear that this latest bugfix update is only available to Verizon customers that have NOT already updated to Verizon's version of Lollipop and that those who have, are being punished, even more, for updating...

"The latest roll-out will be applicable only to users of Verizon Galaxy S5 who have not been seeded the Lollipop update until now. Users who have installed the earlier Lollipop build will not be eligible to install the latest update."

I wonder if this means that if you revert back to the Verizon Android 4.4.4 release, see Verizon downgrade to KitKat - Dummies Guide, you will become eligible to receive this bugfix update??? :confused:

THIS is NOT true... I had already upgraded to the Verizon Lollipop v5.0 and received this on my S5 this morning. Baseband/Build xxxBOC4.

Haven't had a chance to dive in to things or validate any proposed changes yet...

walkman666

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Same here. I have been on Lollipop 5.0 on Verizon for a few months now, and received the OC4 update this morning. Installation was fine.

revwill

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm on verizon the update downloaded last night. I tried to install it this morning, it went into the boot recovery manager. Didn't do anything there so I hit reboot phone. So the update failed. Than when I go to check system update it says system update unavailable. Anyone else have this issue?

Yes, this is exactly what happened to me.

And when I try System Update, it tells me that the service is temporarily unavailable.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej