Nexus 5x battery usage shows wrong?

Nastybloodlust

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
nexus 5x battery usage shows wrong? help please

just bought the nexus 5x and i currently have 23% of the battery left and i just went into the settings to check the battery usage then i just see : screen 16%, google play store 3% , android system 2% android operationsystem 2% , app optimizing 2%, messenger 2%, clash royale 1%

please help me

mehigh101

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: nexus 5x battery usage shows wrong? help please

Welcome to Android Central!
100%-23%=77%.
Screen 16% is 16÷100×77. 16 percent out of 77.
Not 16% total battery.
Best regards,Mikey. For any more questions,PM me. I hope you found what you were looking for.
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F.

Nastybloodlust

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site

uhhmm dont rly understand what u are tying to say but do u mean that theres nothing wrong with the battery usage?

mehigh101

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site

uhhmm dont rly understand what u are tying to say but do u mean that theres nothing wrong with the battery usage?
Percentage is out of something.
10 percent OUT OF 100.
20 percent OUT OF 50.
Another example : 10 percent out of 3 = 10÷100×3= 0.1×3= 0.3.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

3774153525018122388%253Faccount_id%253D1

Screen 11% on this one represents 10.3% of the battery consumed by the screen. On Nougat, the percentage is percent of your battery, not percentage of your consumed battery life. I think that it's the same on Marshmallow for Nexus phones. All of my percentages add up to about 50% but I'm at 41% charge remaining, so there is 9% unaccounted for. Yours has more unaccounted for than that. Has your phone done a reboot since it came off the charger? Can you get a screenshot of your battery stats screens?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Usually there is a discrepancy if you add up all the the individual percentages. The stock stats don't show apps with less than 1℅. I agree that your difference is quite big, but maybe just because it's a brand new phone and there are lots of things going on in the background until the system and all your apps kind of settle down. I wouldn't worry for now and check again after a couple full charges.

If you want more details of battery usage you could try Gsam Battery Monitor.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Different phones report battery stats in different ways. Some show percentages as absolute values, others as relative to the battery used so far. I'm inclined to agree with Aquila that yours are absolute values, but there's an easy way to be sure.

Tap on one of the processes, screen for example, and see what's listed under 'computed power used' (xxxmAh). This is an absolute value, so make the calculations with the total battery size (2700 mAh) and compare with the percentage in the main battery screen.

Nastybloodlust

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-...-h865-no/3774153525018122388%3Faccount_id%3D1

Screen 11% on this one represents 10.3% of the battery consumed by the screen. On Nougat, the percentage is percent of your battery, not percentage of your consumed battery life. I think that it's the same on Marshmallow for Nexus phones. All of my percentages add up to about 50% but I'm at 41% charge remaining, so there is 9% unaccounted for. Yours has more unaccounted for than that. Has your phone done a reboot since it came off the charger? Can you get a screenshot of your battery stats screens?

I did reboot it when it was on 80%

Posted via the Android Central App

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Heres a pic but all apps didnt fit in the picture

Posted via the Android Central App

Ok, that chart makes more sense. So your chart starts around 80%, your visible percents add up to around 28%, 15% left on the battery = 43%, so there's around 37% unaccounted for - which is still weird, but quite a bit less alarming than almost 60% being missing. Nothing on the chart looks terribly alarming. If you tap on the chart it takes you to another one that will show you when the device was awake, what kind of networks it was connected to and signal strength. Didn't realize you were Swedish, jag pratar lite svenska.

Nastybloodlust

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
Ok, that chart makes more sense. So your chart starts around 80%, your visible percents add up to around 28%, 15% left on the battery = 43%, so there's around 37% unaccounted for - which is still weird, but quite a bit less alarming than almost 60% being missing. Nothing on the chart looks terribly alarming. If you tap on the chart it takes you to another one that will show you when the device was awake, what kind of networks it was connected to and signal strength. Didn't realize you were Swedish, jag pratar lite svenska.

so r u saying its the wifi or something that is making it unaccurate?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
so r u saying its the wifi or something that is making it unaccurate?

Some of the difference could be accounted for by low signal strength, such as WiFi or BlueTooth. Looks like you don't have a SIM in there. It doesn't look like anything is necessarily wrong, but it depends on how much you actually used it during that period.

Nastybloodlust

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
Some of the difference could be accounted for by low signal strength, such as WiFi or BlueTooth. Looks like you don't have a SIM in there. It doesn't look like anything is necessarily wrong, but it depends on how much you actually used it during that period.

yeah i havent gotten my sim yet... still waiting for it to arrive

does wifi drain more battery than 4g btw?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Anthony