Not receiving texts

MonaandLexie

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I am finding that I missing texts. People are sending them to me, their phones show them as sent and I'm not receiving them. Also they aren't consistently receiving mine. Verizon claims there isn't a problem with my service...any other fascinates having this problem?

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
If you are not recieving from a Verizon customer, or another US based provider, then the issue is with Verizon's sms handler. It's due to heavy sms traffic, and an inability for Verizon's sms handlers, to handle the heavy traffic.

Typically, this will result in a 2, or possibly 3 day delay in delivery of the sms. In a worst case scenario, your sms gets dumped during the backlog. Also, certain blocks of phone numbers, are more susceptable to this happening, due to sms assignment (certain ph numbers, get routed to specific handlers).

I highly suggest, you get a different ph number. Hopefully, this routes your sms to a different server farm.

In simplier terms, it is easier to manage a chunk of ph numbers, than to have them scattered all over the place. Each "chunk", gets assigned a specific server farm to handle things. It's just easier to manage. But sometimes, a chunk of numbers, get assigned to some place in the middle of nowhere, And maybe, the hardware, just isn't up to standards, or can't handle the load. The provider, will tell you all things arenormal, as they have a threshold of dropped calls, sms, etc. And as long as it doesn't reach that threshold, they will do nothing. You as a customer, what can you do? Complain about a couple of lost sms?

Change your number is the easiest.

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I've seen people have similar problems and have a factory reset solve the problem. I would advise you to update the network roaming first and see if you have better results.