Note 5 vs Note 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
I have to disagree with many of you. The Note 4 is not a better device than the Note 5. It may not be a substantial improvement to where a Note 4 user will make the switch however, it's still an improved device. I guarantee many people held onto their Note 3's as they didn't feel the Note 4 was a huge upgrade.

The Note 5 hands down is the best designed note to date. It has the strongest specs which, we'd all expect and will have the best performance. Lack of an SD slot doesn't make it any less capable of a device.

Although Note 4 owners may not find the 5 to be appealing and will elect to hold onto their devices a bit longer. Truth be told, you should as you're probably under contract unless you pay full price year after year. Me personally, I buy the devices I like and want. Not necessarily the best. The Note 5 will be next. The LG G4 good device but not Note 5 good. Sorry thays my personal opinion. The new Moto will be intriguing for sure and if I like that I'll buy it. But not because it's so called better than the Note 5.

End of the day get the device that suits you. If that means sticking with your current device then do just that. Samsung isn't forcing any Note 4 users to upgrade to a Note 5. Really, who cares if you don't upgrade to the 5 or decide to switch to another OEM later on. I dont. It's your hard earned money so buy the device that best suits your needs and wallet which, doesn't always translate to what some say is the best device on the market. Again I say, really, who cares....

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for great phones in the past Samsung but since this year **** you Samsung Samsung = Android sheep galaxy

Just ordered more spare batteries because the note 4 will have to last much longer. Smaller non removable battery, no mlh, ir blaster and no sd card in a so called productivity device
...man has Samsung ever lost it go LG

What a downgrade friend ask me if I'd trade for his edge ya sure I'll downgrade lol.my next phone will be from LG I'd rather buy sign iPhone than a wannabe stripped of all the things that made it great.

**** you Samsung

I should have just kept the S5 longer and bought the Note 4 earlier this year. The S5 compared to S6 not a big difference except the S6 had a terrible speaker, lag, and no SD slot or removable battery. The only big improvement on it was the thumb scanner which I didn't use much anyways. I think Samsung is trying to be like apple here and hoping because of the name people will pay top $$ for a new device each year even if that means cutting corners in some areas.

The LG G4 is nice but it not enough of an upgrade over the Note 4 or S6. Hopefully sales stink for s6 and Note 5 and next year they add some of the features back to the two phones or I might try LG if they have something very impressive out or MAYBE Iphone too IF they add some stuff like an IR blaster.

THe IR blaster on the Note 5 really makes no sense why they would take it away. IMO it was cost cut on the phones and hoping people will be sheep.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I've owned several smartphones dating back to the original iPhone and it wasn't until I got the Note 4 that I realized how nice having a replaceable battery can be. We can debate higher capacity lithium ion battery tech (which is BS in a way, higher capacity in power vs volume yes but 3000mah is less than 3200mah regardless), rapid charge and whatnot until we're blue in the face but there's no denying that the 4 can go from 0 to 100 in a minute by battery swap and the 5 can't. As a frequent commuter flight traveler I love this. On a long business travel day I can feel free to use my phone as I wish and know that a fresh battery is waiting in my bag, no need for charging while on the go. The Note line was supposed to cater to power and business users. I want a spare battery in my bag, not a thick extended battery case in my pocket or a cable to tie me down.... Just the other day I spent 12 hours on another island and returned to Honolulu only to go to another function. As my plane taxid to the gate I was at 30% and I took a moment to swap battery. Boom, 100% and ready for a night on the town. Priceless.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
They borked the Note 5 in ways Note loyalist care deeply about. I'll be curious to read whether or not it sells well. I didn't notice the price of the new phones (if they've been listed), perhaps the Note 5 will be reasonably priced? Nah, who am I kidding?

from the Elegance

magichoward

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Apple must be so happy now....
Why Samsung even compared their flagship to an old iPhone 6+ in their presentation with new one round the corner.
The new iPhone
Better camera (it may even have the edge now at night and action photos.
Higher resolution screen and camera. It will have a better battery probably, far than Note 5.. Little bloat ware. Software support frequent updates for at least two years.. Great back up and restore system.. 124 memory.. What were you thinking Samsung
Just make the 4 better bigger battery less bloat ware more updates plus add the new features to note 4.. Better stlyless front speakers.. At this rare Samsung will join Nokia and blackberry.
Sorry I was so looking forward to buying the note 5.

Posted via the Android Central App

bat0nas

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
Out of curiosity: how many of Note users actually EVER use sd card slot or had to remove/replace the battery? :) :) :)

I know the answer :) Samsung knows even better :p

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

jordyd

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Out of curiosity: how many of Note users actually EVER use sd card slot or had to remove/replace the battery? :) :) :)

I use the SD card to store my games and photos.

Not bothered about removable battery mind, but the way its going, I'll be keeping my Note 4 a long time, so I'll will probably end up replacing the battery.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4

bat0nas

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
I use the SD card to store my games and photos.

Not bothered about removable battery mind, but the way its going, I'll be keeping my Note 4 a long time, so I'll will probably end up replacing the battery.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4
I use sd as well. But we are a total minority.

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
A little harsh don't ya think? I can understand people's frustrations but Samsung is probably trying to attract more consumers. Stay true to what they have and continue with the same consumers or go out and make a change and potentially bring in Apple users, etc? Wait until you get a real life review before you count it out and go bashing them.

Samsung Galaxy S6 - Black - 32GB
ZAGG Tempered Glass
AT&T

Samsung is trying to attract more consumers.

Unfortunately, the # of people wanting SD cards and replaceable batteries are in the vast minority. Samsung is unfortunately fighting for their mobile-phone viability, and what they are apparently trying to do is pull people away from the iPhone. iPhone users don't care about replaceable batteries or SD cards, and just want to keep things simple. Most Android people want the same. Many on this forum, including myself, prefer to have the ability to customize and want features like SD and replaceable batteries, but we are in the vast minority - and Samsung is obviously trying to appeal to a broader audience - they're trying to make a better iPhone.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Samsung is trying to attract more consumers.

Unfortunately, the # of people wanting SD cards and replaceable batteries are in the vast minority. Samsung is unfortunately fighting for their mobile-phone viability, and what they are apparently trying to do is pull people away from the iPhone. iPhone users don't care about replaceable batteries or SD cards, and just want to keep things simple. Most Android people want the same. Many on this forum, including myself, prefer to have the ability to customize and want features like SD and replaceable batteries, but we are in the vast minority - and Samsung is obviously trying to appeal to a broader audience - they're trying to make a better iPhone.
I see that. Really I do. However, if someone wants an iPhone or an iPhone-like device they'll buy an iPhone. Samsung will learn this and it looks like they'll learn it the hard way. I highly doubt they'll attract a mentionable amount of folks that want an iPhone but we'll see. How many folks left the iPhone for the S6? Some I'm sure, perhaps more than I can count on my two hands, but I doubt it was very many at all.

from the Elegance

Hielko

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
And probably Samsung knows that only few use the IR blaster. It is a commercial company, why insulting a company that sells something you are not interested in?

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
And probably Samsung knows that only few use the IR blaster. It is a commercial company, why insulting a company that sells something you are not interested in?

We're just disappointed. Change happens, I know.

from the Elegance

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site

Way more than a few Samsung sheeps, viral marketers want people to believe. Also one one smilie is more than enough.

Can't believe Samsung is listening to the press and form over function people first.

They won't gain the Apple crowd and lose their current customers way to go lol and not even a 4k screen.

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Im a devote note fan. Had the note 2, 3 and now 4 so im looking to see what the note 5 is about. I'll be upgrading and giving my note 4 to my wife. I'll say this though. So far the note 4 has been the best. The note 3 was horrible in every aspect especially camera. So I'll be looking forward to the Note 5

RBorden629

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
You sound like you work for Samsung. Really no sd slot! Just total BS. I've owned all Notes, im a power user. They are just going to the unibody construction just to increase there profits, cause sd memory cards have gotten so cheap.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
I personally don't think the note 5 or the S6 + is going to sell like hotcakes.

Quote The Note 4 Never More😤

I think the S6 plus will fill the needed void of not having a larger screen device in the S-line lineup, to better compete with the G4 and Iphone 6 plus effectively.

The Note 5 will be a very nice upgrade from a N3, N2, or even the original Note. Note 4 folks who just want the latest device, i think, will be purchasing the 5 as well. This assumes many can live without an SD slot which, I believe they can. The battery, that just is what it is. Everyone is moving towards non replaceable.

I don't know how my thoughts actually translate to sales, but I think the Note 5 will be hot and grow IF reviews are very positive. The S6+ will help slightly boost sales for the S line.

Status
Not open for further replies.