ARCHIVED: [ROM] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.3 / CM7 (Gingerbread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

manny29

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys I just want to confirm that if u want to fix the home button. Key follow what I did and it work

Wipe data cache
Go to mount and unmount
Format system
Wipe delvik cache
Install asop cm7
Gapps
Aosp convert to sprint.zip
Reboot....

Hope it helps

Sorry if already confirm

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

alexdemonumber3

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I've tried everything to get mms working on my Optimus S, what's the secret? lol people have been saying they got it to work, but I just can't get it for the life of me? is there another Optimus S rom with everything fully functioning?

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I've tried everything to get mms working on my Optimus S, what's the secret? lol people have been saying they got it to work, but I just can't get it for the life of me? is there another Optimus S rom with everything fully functioning?

Mms has not worked for our phones after the 0427 build. People who claim that their mms work either don't know what mms is or they can send mms and not receive and then speak too soon, still never realizing that they can't send mms.

The only way to actually be able to send and receive at this point is a workaround. You will need to download the "handcent" app from the market. Sign up for their services. You must have an account for it to work properly. Once signed up, the app will handle all of your mms, send and receive, through their web server. I haven't tried this on the two newest builds and, from what I read, many things have been broke in the newest releases. So whether this works for your particular version will depend.....

A Rom that everything works on and has great support for our phones is rebornROM.

manny29

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Mms has not worked for our phones after the 0427 build. People who claim that their mms work either don't know what mms is or they can send mms and not receive and then speak too soon, still never realizing that they can't send mms.

The only way to actually be able to send and receive at this point is a workaround. You will need to download the "handcent" app from the market. Sign up for their services. You must have an account for it to work properly. Once signed up, the app will handle all of your mms, send and receive, through their web server. I haven't tried this on the two newest builds and, from what I read, many things have been broke in the newest releases. So whether this works for your particular version will depend.....

A Rom that everything works on and has great support for our phones is rebornROM.

Handcent works great they should just add it to gapps one thing is that the signal bars. Are. Low but 3gis flying .....really snappy Rom And I have any problem. But portable hot. Spot

alexdemonumber3

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

I'm trying to install reborn but I can't do it on CWM 3.2.0.0, what recovery do I use?

donbudafuko

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I have handsent an Google voice an for some resaon Google voice is doing everything it reserves mms an sms any idea's handsent doesn't even show I have reseved anything its weird

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to install reborn but I can't do it on CWM 3.2.0.0, what recovery do I use?
Xionia (not sure if I spelled that correctly lol). If you look at the stickies at the top, one of them has all the stuff available for our phone and the ones that will work are listed under recoveries.

Ok so I have handsent an Google voice an for some resaon Google voice is doing everything it reserves mms an sms any idea's handsent doesn't even show I have reseved anything its weird
Try to remove Google voice. I've never seen this particular issue before.

donbudafuko

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Xionia (not sure if I spelled that correctly lol). If you look at the stickies at the top, one of them has all the stuff available for our phone and the ones that will work are listed under recoveries.

Try to remove Google voice. I've never seen this particular issue before.

IV removed Google voice an reinstalled an still reseaves my Tex an mms an voice its weird

strra

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
IV removed Google voice an reinstalled an still reseaves my Tex an mms an voice its weird

did you associate your sprint account with google voice? if you do that, you won't receive sms on stock or handsent (or anything else besides google voice) unless you tell google voice to do so at voice.google.com

donbudafuko

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
did you associate your sprint account with google voice? if you do that, you won't receive sms on stock or handsent (or anything else besides google voice) unless you tell google voice to do so at voice.google.com

i went to the site an i cant figure out how to change that do u know how an can u walk me through it please an thanks.

gk1984

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
has mms been fix yet

Granted they're still relatively different, I don't remember having any mms issues with Zefie's CM7 ROM. But I could be mistaken, I rarely use mms and I've switched from Zefie's to this one about a month ago now. I wonder if it DID work there, if some porting from that one can fix this one.

ath3nos

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Granted they're still relatively different, I don't remember having any mms issues with Zefie's CM7 ROM. But I could be mistaken, I rarely use mms and I've switched from Zefie's to this one about a month ago now. I wonder if it DID work there, if some porting from that one can fix this one.

The OV to Sprint zip that was made previously did work on the builds before 4/19. However, when trying to replace the apns-conf.xml file and the mms.apk after that build, the apk disappears from the app drawer and becomes unusable. I'm looking into what might need to be done to get it working. In the meantime I am also working on picking up where zefie left off and updating his cm build. If all goes well, I will be making a few changes here and there to hopefully fix some issues and streamline it a bit. I'm thinking about using aosp's kernel instead of Xionia for it. This kernel is the best one I have personally run on my phone. Much faster and seems to be more stable imo.

Reactions: bob2300

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I have been running this rom since monday, coming over from scott pilgrim. I must say in most ways it is nearly the same rom. And that is not a bad thing, as they both rock! I agree what others are saying, this does seem to have little smoother performance. It is also nice that the built in hotspot feature works, vs using wireless tether on SP CM7. I never send mms, so that was never a deal breaker for me. I travel aound the state alot and am in alot of weak signal areas, so I generally toggle off my mobile data (only turning back on as needed). My battery seems great. Not as wonderfull as say ShellRom does, but the slight loss is a great trade for the vast gain in my book. I had my phone off the charger for over 5 hours, most of that with meager signal and was still at 93%. Now as said, that would be much less if I had my data activated during that time so take this praise with that in mind. The dev on this need much praise, as well as those that did all the ground work to get it ported from OptiV to our S. And of course all those fine devs over at Cyanogen.

I did flash this the way described in the other thread to gain proper button mapping and correct sprint info and to allow netflix, which also works flawlessly !! Keep up the good work.
flashable zips for aospCMod Optimus S users to reflect correct Sprint info

Last edited:

matt1995

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Just putting this out there but hand cent just up dated to were it can run independently with out stock messaging app
Maybe could help with mms problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174