ARCHIVED: [ROM] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.3 / CM7 (Gingerbread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Just putting this out there but hand cent just up dated to were it can run independently with out stock messaging app
Maybe could help with mms problem
Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
Im pretty sure that its not the app that is keeping it from working...

matt1995

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Well you never know wat could work thing the great thing about technology

Last edited:

manny29

May 31, 2011
Visit site
The OV to Sprint zip that was made previously did work on the builds before 4/19. However, when trying to replace the apns-conf.xml file and the mms.apk after that build, the apk disappears from the app drawer and becomes unusable. I'm looking into what might need to be done to get it working. In the meantime I am also working on picking up where zefie left off and updating his cm build. If all goes well, I will be making a few changes here and there to hopefully fix some issues and streamline it a bit. I'm thinking about using aosp's kernel instead of Xionia for it. This kernel is the best one I have personally run on my phone. Much faster and seems to be more stable imo.[/Q

I think that might be the problem cuz i know on scott pilgrims works fine

manny29

May 31, 2011
Visit site
What does a kernal do ...

And i am running aosp.cm7-2.3.3.what kernal can i use

Ihave 2.6.32.33 is there anything better

ath3nos

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
What does a kernal do ...

And i am running aosp.cm7-2.3.3.what kernal can i use

Ihave 2.6.32.33 is there anything better

The kernel that comes with the rom is the best one. The only other kernels are picastick and xionia. Xionia is older and picasticks is optimized for froyo. They both work, but in my opinion the one included is the best. Fastest and most stable for this rom.

manny29

May 31, 2011
Visit site
The kernel that comes with the rom is the best one. The only other kernels are picastick and xionia. Xionia is older and picasticks is optimized for froyo. They both work, but in my opinion the one included is the best. Fastest and most stable for this rom.

Thanks.......

phreak311

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Ok Thanks. I've been running this ROM for a while, It's fantastic, but I do miss MMS. My friends and my girlfriend are always like "did you get that pic I sent you"? lol

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I have been running this for a few weeks now and love it until now. All of a sudden last night it would not dial out. Tried to revert to an earlier nand (Scott Pilgrim). Same issue. I thought it might be prl related so I flashed shell rom and updated profile and prl and was able to make calls. Reinstalled aospCMod and am only getting some calls thru. Anyone with similar issues? It will show as dialing but silent then give a busy signal.

Sent from my Optimus S

igtheacttka

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok I'm really getting annoyed I for the life of me can't find the rom. I downloaded rom manager, clicked optimus v because that's the closest to this device all it shows is extras and google apps I try to click free and it doesn't work...

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok I'm really getting annoyed I for the life of me can't find the rom. I downloaded rom manager, clicked optimus v because that's the closest to this device all it shows is extras and google apps I try to click free and it doesn't work...

Don't use rom manager or you will end up with a brick. Read the sticky's.

The link is posted in the OP.

igtheacttka

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
The only link I see in the op is for the original xda thread in which aosp never post his roms on. Second is the conversion link to give the rom sprint info... am I missing something

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
He meant read the stickies at the top of this forum about rom manager and installing a recovery and roms. Start by loading this recovery first. http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-s-rooting-roms-hacks/59359-custom-recovery-xionia-clockwork-cwma-v1-2518-6-a.html

igtheacttka

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Lol I'm not new to this I'm already rooted and have a recovery also rom manager didn't brick my phone all I need is a direct link to the aosp rom... I just moved over to the optimus s from the htc hero...

Status
Not open for further replies.