[ROM] Epic CM7 SELFKANG (10/11) - 2.3.7

StoneRyno

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes it probably couldn't hurt to at least mention it over in the CM thread concerning the connectivity issues with non SSID broadcasting.

LOL I have to have 10 posts to post a reply to the thread to report a bug. How lame. And they wonder why people post pointless posts to post count up to make basic posts. Certain types of posts like attachments and for sale threads make sense but regular discussion bug reporting threads is just silly.

Devtodi

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
LOL I have to have 10 posts to post a reply to the thread to report a bug. How lame. And they wonder why people post pointless posts to post count up to make basic posts. Certain types of posts like attachments and for sale threads make sense but regular discussion bug reporting threads is just silly.
You can get to ten posts easily. Just go to the question and answer thread and send out some replies. They ARE touchy in the development thread however so forewarned is forewarned. It's been a week and I am really eager for the next version. 1022 has been really solid but it's showing signature of breakdown over time. Next version will be truly sick.

StoneRyno

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Yup just an annoyance to post 10 times to reply to a thread to report a bug. I have 5 posts so far so will be a day or two before I can post the bug report. Took me about 2 hours to look through, read, and reply for posts I made including the time to post two threads, an intro thread and one asking about something I can't find the answer to anywhere. I think I mentioned the problem here too.

Devtodi

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
As you can see from the number of posts, CM7 is the oasis in the GB desert. Everyone is very excited about having a stable GB ROM. There's bound to be a lot of noise masking the occasional helpful comment.

StoneRyno

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
From what I understand of it, 4g to say the least needs drivers to be written from scratch or something like that. Complicated anyways whatever that's needed and why it is on the bottom of the to do list. Unfortunately and fortunately sprint has moved away from wimax to LTE. The unfortunate is that we won't really see wimax expanded for our current 4g devices, the fortunate is that with LTE they went with the winner of the format wars.

Devtodi

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
well, CM7 work has ground to a halt. Decad3nce has fried his Linux HD and has lost a lot of work. Our prayers are with him and we send deepest condolences. Hang with what you got, that's it for a bit.

eharty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
The only major issue I've had with CM7 is changing the volume during a phone call causes the sound to cut out. The only way I have found to get the sound back is to toggle the speakerphone. Is there any fix for this? Otherwise CM7 runs very well with good battery life.

nickel3956

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
[UPDATE] turns out i just had to restart. nvm [/UPDATE]

I have to say I love CM7, but i seem to be having a few issues. I was expecting issues with wifi, but for some reason I can't seem to download anything from the android market. I've tried on 3g and wifi (when it decides to stay connected) and I'm just stuck with a loading screen when I try to view an app. i can browse the apps, but I just can't view/download any specific apps. I'll try flashing another modem and see if that works

Last edited:

makeotapackage-j4

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
[UPDATE] turns out i just had to restart. nvm [/UPDATE]

I have to say I love CM7, but i seem to be having a few issues. I was expecting issues with wifi, but for some reason I can't seem to download anything from the android market. I've tried on 3g and wifi (when it decides to stay connected) and I'm just stuck with a loading screen when I try to view an app. i can browse the apps, but I just can't view/download any specific apps. I'll try flashing another modem and see if that works

This seems to be a very common problem with the new Market,(rather than CM7 itself) as I've had this issue at times, with every single custom ROM that I've used since the new Market version came out.

Devtodi

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
I use my phone so rarely, I just discovered thats I don't have Voicemail. I dial *86 or long press 1 and I get a recording saying it's an invalid entry. Anyone got a link to the stock voicemail app?

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I use my phone so rarely, I just discovered thats I don't have Voicemail. I dial *86 or long press 1 and I get a recording saying it's an invalid entry. Anyone got a link to the stock voicemail app?

Call your cell number instead of long pressing 1.

Sent from my Epic Android using Tapatalk

StoneRyno

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site

Install a stock ROM and use titanium backup to backup the voicemail app. Personally I did this using stock EH17. Then restored it on CM7. Also with sprint voicemail access is your phone number. In settings simply change the setting to that from *86 (verizons voicemail access code). Also any chance you were getting SMS messages about new voicemail? I'm still in need of a solution to stop that without having to covert over to googlevoice. I see no benefit from doing so. And I never got the SMS on other ROMs so I don't know why it happens on this one.

nickel3956

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Now that Gingerbread is officially out, how long until this gets updated? I miss having stable wifi since the speed on my campus is so fast.

StoneRyno

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong, Voodoo Control is dependent on the kernel having voodoo drivers or something like that. With Galaxy Tuner I assumed the only requirement was that it was a galaxy S device however if you install and then open it on CM7 it pops up a message saying it's not a galaxy S device. So I'm curious what is missing that the app looks for to identify that it is a galaxy S device?

jmuru

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Just a head's up that the latest 12/10 CM7 build ( [ROM] Epicmtd CM7 SELFKANG (12/10) - 2.3.7 - xda-developers ) converts your filesystem to MTD. This is necessary for future CM builds (including ICS!), so it's a BIG step forward for the Epic, BUT if you're a n00b, I wouldn't recommend you install it, cause getting back to stock or any other EI22 ROM ABSOLUTELY REQUIRES ODIN!

For info on MTD, check out QBKing's awesome video: [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds9rwAoI2IQ[/YT] FYI, the YAFFS2 filesystem allows the system partition to be re-sized and is open-source, unlike our current BML (Samsung proprietary filesystem).

Last edited:

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

That's an easy one Ted. Settings/Call settings/voicemail settings/voicemail number tap on that and enter your own area code & number. Now when you get a message it will shooter up in your notification screen and when you click on out you will go to your sprint voicemail.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

nickel3956

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this is a bug or what, but why does pressing the camera button (not even all the way) will unlock the screen. It doesn't happen all of the time and I can't seem to find any setting that mentions the camera button as an unlock method. is anyone else noticing this?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anderson Julien