S22 ultra / smart switch

xPhantom

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Backing up my S20 Ultra to Smart Switch PC now... but it's taking foreverrrrr. I should have done this yesterday so I could just do the restore onto the S22 Ultra today.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
this is so depressing. I switched my son to a new iphone. it was stupid easy. Google, Samsung et al really do need to get their stuff together.
You have several options that are pretty easy. Samsung cloud or a Google one backup makes restoring phone info particularly easy. Apple is the one that needs to get it together in my opinion because you can only restore a phone when your setting it up as new which is like the lamest thing ever. I don't want to reset my phone just to restore data from another device.

claykin

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
this is so depressing. I switched my son to a new iphone. it was stupid easy. Google, Samsung et al really do need to get their stuff together.

What's your issue? Other than time and being patient, Smart Switch works great for me.

Apple has its own set of issues. Plenty of them. Don't even get me started on the doing it the Apple way or no way philosophy they live by.

brucesmays

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I first did the smart switch via cable to cable and there were so much that still needed to be transferred and reset up. I used my computer version and did the backup of my Flip 3 via computer and restored the back up to my new Ultra. It basically cloned everything. Screen setups, logins, saved Wi-Fi connections, everything.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I first did the smart switch via cable to cable and there were so much that still needed to be transferred and reset up. I used my computer version and did the backup of my Flip 3 via computer and restored the back up to my new Ultra. It basically cloned everything. Screen setups, logins, saved Wi-Fi connections, everything.
That's why I love the computer Smart Switch app.

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site

What about app data. Earlier versions of SmartSwitch would only back up the app, but not the data...

donb2010

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Excited to get the S22 Ultra, but with every new phone I get, I hate having to go through all the process of setting it up because I have the current phone I'm using setup just the way I like it. (kind of don't want to change to a new phone because of this):D:p

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Excited to get the S22 Ultra, but with every new phone I get, I hate having to go through all the process of setting it up because I have the current phone I'm using setup just the way I like it. (kind of don't want to change to a new phone because of this):D:p

Me too. Got my phone but now procrastinating setting it up from my Note 20 5G, because the Note is exactly like I want it,

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Even with a smart switch move, there's still plenty to do manually. In my case I had a 90 minute smart switch transfer (about 100GB of data), following by a 3 hour "organizing data" session (my 10s of thousands of sms messages that the phone was reorganizing). Only then did my oneui homescreen return to the layout I had on my S21U. After this I still had to re-login to nearly every app and go through settings to find the different settings that didn't move, etc. And I had to re-pair BT to all devices and setup phone security again. It:s a process no matter how you slice it!
Agreed. Luckily my wife was sitting next to me it with her iphone giving me passwords that weren't stored through Google or Samsung Pass.

Side note, do not, I repeat, do not reset your old phone before you double and triple check that your have everything transferred. Passwords and logins. I literally went through every app on my old phone and new phone making sure they were logged in successfully. Some apps are stupid with their login security.

Makad

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks both for replies. Still can't get it to work for some reason, plugging them into each other and following instructions for using smart switch. Everything transfers fine but not the settings/apps/home layout etc. They all come under list of things that can't be transferred once the initial prep/scan is done. Weird, I have previously upgraded from galaxy to new galaxy several times and always used smart switch with no issues!
I've manually downloaded the apps now (even when I log into play store it only shows me all the apps I've ever downloaded rather than the ones that are in use on my old phone) and set it up - just took longer than anticipated!

Thanks both for the advice. :)
Try looking at the custom setting when doing the transfer, it may show the apps are unchecked

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej