S7 - Who's gonna buy and who will wait for reviews?

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: Who's gonna buy and who will wait for reviews?

I am buying today most likely as prices will go up after preorder period ends. At least, in the UK that is the case.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I will most likely pass on this phone.
But I will follow the reviews of the people who do purchase this phone to hear how they like it :)

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site

I'll pre-order tomorrow. I switched to my first ever iphone and stayed for a year. Ready to come back to android. I was waiting on a phone that returned sd card and bigger battery.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Because of the promotions, I would probably buy first, ask questions later. Worse case, pay $35 restocking fee from Verizon

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

Because of the promotions, I would probably buy first, ask questions later. Worse case, pay $35 restocking fee from Verizon

That's what I'm doing. 15 days should be enough for me to figure out if it has issues or not. This thing is exactly what I'm looking for, coming from the bland and boring iPhone 6s Plus I've been on for two months. Plus I want the free VR and SD card.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

I always wait, especially after the s6 accelerometer debacle.

zincloid

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site

I am going to wait for some user reviews before I buy S7. I am currently using S6 and I love the phone apart from its battery life :'(.

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

I'll pre-order tomorrow with T-Mobile Jump on Demand. Don't want to lose out on the freebies (Gear VR and one year of Netflix). I'll just Jump to something else if I can't stand it for some reason (seriously doubt it).

SR45

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site

Going from an iPhone to the S7, but will read a few reviews first, and some hands on from you folks ;)

Aweso

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site

First I'll wait for you guys to announce the winner of the contest that ended 2 days ago :p

androidcentral.com/win-samsungs-next-new-phone-android-central

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site

I think the reviews will mainly be for the software. The hardware will be better than S6 and they fixed all the main hardware issues already. It's a safe buy pre-review

dreaming of electric sheep

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I'll wait for some reviews but more importantly wait till I can get it in pearl white, or at least buy the unlocked white version

Ohhhh, I want the pearl white (or any white but preferably pearl) soooo bad! But being in the US, I'm not holding my breath.

cal777flyer

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm debating coming back to Samsung from LG, but I am a little nervous regarding memories of quirky scrolling, have to clear cache, restarting the device frequently to clear lag, lag that shows up over time and can't be fixed, poor gps signal and lock. Are these typical Sammy issues fixed, or have they persisted through Samsung phones, it has been a while.

ChrisR

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Just my 2c: I don't own a Samsung but there is a VZW S6edge being used a lot in my house and I've never seen any lag. Awesome point & shoot pics in ridiculously low light, decent multitasking and split windows, snappy navigation. Not sure about GPS. If you want a compact awesome shooter with good size battery, I think S7 proper is hard to beat this year.

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm debating coming back to Samsung from LG, but I am a little nervous regarding memories of quirky scrolling, have to clear cache, restarting the device frequently to clear lag, lag that shows up over time and can't be fixed, poor gps signal and lock. Are these typical Sammy issues fixed, or have they persisted through Samsung phones, it has been a while.

Samsung(nor any mfg) is perfect by any means. But have not had any of those issues with before.

cal777flyer

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, glad to hear it. I am waiting for the full reviews. Mainly interested in battery life, gps locking and stability, and call/signal quality. It's between the G5 and S7, leaning towards the S7.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

I'm waiting just like I did last year with the S6. I wanted the phone last year but after reading the reviews, I chose not to buy.

I don't care that I won't be getting any of the extras with the phone by waiting, I just want the phone and don't get care about the VR.