samsung pay

Mr_Spencer

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Samsung Pay works fine at chip terminals. Whoever started that rumor is badly misinformed. Clerks will even comment how much faster Samsung Pay is.

The only chip terminals that won't work with Samsung Pay are at Lowe's where they've purposely disabled them, as documented in another thread.
Speak for yourself. I've had errors in other places where I try SP and the machine requests the chip to complete the transaction.

ded1945

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I am speaking for myself. I've been using Samsung Pay since I've had my S7E. I live in Tucson, AZ. I've also used Samsung Pay in Phoenix, San Francisco, Victoria B.C., Milwaukee, Racine & West Palm Beach. I've never been asked to insert my chip card. Only exception, discussed at length in another thread, is Lowe's which has apparently disabled simple swipe transactions forcing all users to insert chip cards.

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
I have a Samsung reward card with some money on it that's been added to my Samsung pay. I tried to use it today at Walmart and it wouldn't take it. I used the default PIN. Is there a different pin on should be using.

If it helps I have the $15 I just earned from Chase and the $10 that I received when I signed up and the purchase I was trying to make was a little less than $20

Last edited:

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
The Safeway grocery stores in my area recently upgraded their self checkout terminals to use the chip readers, but SP on my S7 still works with these terminals.

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
I have a Samsung reward card with some money on it that's been added to my Samsung pay. I tried to use it today at Walmart and it wouldn't take it. I used the default PIN. Is there a different pin on should be using.

If it helps I have the $15 I just earned from Chase and the $10 that I received when I signed up and the purchase I was trying to make was a little less than $20

Anyone?!?!

thefriz151

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
The chip issue is because somehow the credit card companies convinced our government that the liability for fraudulent transactions should fall back to the merchant unless this new technology is used.