Seidio 1750 Users

jayhawkfan18

A Dude
May 14, 2010
Visit site
Some claim it does. And I'm sure it does, but I leave mine on. The only things I turn off when I'm not using them are GPS and Bluetooth. Each to his own, it can't hurt to turn it off though that's for sure!

The only thing I leave on all of the time is GPS. Is it true that it only drains battery when an app is using the GPS? If I were to turn off GPS and then use an app like Foursquare, Where, GoogleMaps that relies on GPS to find my location most accurately what happens? Does it use the closest cell towers instead?

Back on topic: I received my 1750 last Thursday, followed the charging instructions and am not on about the 8th charging cycle. Always charging at night with the phone on, and have been bump charging once in the morning for the last 2 days. I have no problem killing this battery with moderate (not heavy) use. I still have to make an effort to not use it as much just so it will last thru the day for me (off charger at 8AM) - most times I can kill it by 6PM. So I'm looking into the 3500 from Seidio.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Wow. That must have been some heavy duty use with the 3500 to kill it in a day.

Yeah really. If you think about it I can play a game non-stop on the 1750 for 5 hours it will kill the battery. On a rough estimate you could use the 3500 twice as long. Now if you started using GPS, doing some web surfing, heavy video watching etc the 3500 doesn't look so big anymore.

brina042

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
well aware of your blog. You have advertised it here a lot. We get it people don't believe the battery is as big as advertised. Do i believe it sure. But even your own testing shows at the 150mah rating the battery is ~92.5% of what's promised. For me well within the tolerable range for given as promised especially since we have no clue what the testing variable are for these phones, or how they tested their battery to rate it. But i know there are a lot of people out there that have 1750 batteries and i haven't heard one person complain about only having 5-6 hour battery life. In fact i ended up buying it after several people on this forum responded to my inquiry about the life (after reading battery boss's site) and most people where claiming numbers anywhere from 8-24 hours. Usage does tell the true story i don't worry myself about people testing a handful of batteries and saying they aren't any good when we have so many people saying other wise.

For a supposed 35% more battery i'm getting 150-200% more life. I get more life (not much more) than what my 1500 i tested did. So bottom line is rather this is a 1550, 1668,1700,1300 or whatever it works.

ditto

coach

May 17, 2010
Visit site
i routinely get anywhere from 14-16 hours off of the 1750. it does still have a pretty quick initial drop of up to 12% after unplugging it - even with charging it to green, unplug and turn off and re-charge until green. that said, it's definitely better than the stock battery was. i never made it through a day with that battery.

shoman24v

May 15, 2010
Visit site
The 1750 won't make it with heavy use all day long, even with a full charge in the OS then turning the phone off to finish.

Light to no data usage is the key to making both the 1300 and 1750 make it the whole day.

deepfreez

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I am now 8 cycles or so into the 1750 and I am noticing considerably more life out of it. I left the house @ 7:00 AM (100%) and returned at 9PM (30%).Watched an hour of a movie, searched the web via 3G for 20 min, played Homerun Battle 3D (battery hog) texted, and a few calls. I was traveling on a train for 2 hours so the constant movement may have had an effect on searching for a 3G signal. Much better than I would have got with the 1300.

deepfreez

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
This might be old news so forgive me if I'm late to the party on this one but I was just looking at HTC's support site for charging the Incredible and it says the follwoing:

Why does it take so long to charge my device using the USB? close

The USB cable acts as a trickle charger, so it will take longer than if you were using an AC charger. While the USB will work, it is recommended to use the AC charger, especially if the battery level reaches 10% or below.

Will charging via USB eliminate the need to bump charge? Just a thought.

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Wow. That must have been some heavy duty use with the 3500 to kill it in a day.

I got my 3500 down to 30% yesterday in the course of one day... Of course I played games for 2 hours, broadcast the Rush concert on Qik for about 1 hour, tons of pictures, uploads, and internet with non-stop texting and phone calls...

Of course my day started at 6AM and didn't end until 2AM... LOL

DustinF00#AC

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Well aware of your blog. You have advertised it here A LOT. We get it people don't believe the battery is as big as advertised. Do I believe it sure.

Just to be clear, I am not "advertising" - I am trying to help. I used the 1750 battery for a week - couldn't get better results than the 1500 I owned and couldn't figure out why... I have nothing to gain - I am not advertising on my site, not getting money for ads - its about the data - the information.

But even your own testing shows at the 150mah rating the battery is ~92.5% of what's promised.

It doesn't really add up tho when the 1750 battery cannot get to 1750 when in the same rated test the HTC OEM batteries can get there. Even after multiple tests.

For me well within the tolerable range for given as promised especially since we have no clue what the testing variable are for these phones, or how they tested their battery to rate it. But I know there are A LOT of people out there that have 1750 batteries and I haven't heard one person complain about only having 5-6 hour battery life. In fact I ended up buying it after several people on this forum responded to my inquiry about the life (after reading battery boss's site) and most people where claiming numbers anywhere from 8-24 hours. Usage does tell the true story I don't worry myself about people testing a handful of batteries and saying they aren't any good when we have so many people saying other wise.

And this is the primary point to my post in this thread - the variables in other scenarios can make this battery look better than a stock battery considering wireless coverage is a huge variable. It's just something to keep in mind.

It also wasn't just testing a handful of batteries that is a reason to be concerned - its also the cells being used inside, that are very clearly marked and shown on a few websites that show the cells being rated at 1530-1600mAh.

For a supposed 35% more battery I'm getting 150-200% more life. I get more life (not much more) than what my 1500 I tested did. So bottom line is rather this is a 1550, 1668,1700,1300 or whatever it works.

I am willing to admit I am not sure what you are saying here - are you saying that you're not seeing that much more battery life - but are getting more - than a 1500 rated battery?

I am not here to fight - I just want people to know what they are getting into and what you're getting when you spend money on an expensive battery.

In the end I understand your point, you're getting more than stock and if the phone is in a lower current mode then you are getting more than stock so you are fine.

But my post was to help explain that if you're not getting what you thought you should be getting out of the 1750 - you might have a higher usage profile than others - and you're not going to see the benefits that others might be experiencing.

Sorry for bothering you - with this test data - I just want people to know whats going on with that battery.

Last edited:

Josh467

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
If you don't have an external charger, then get one. The software or something in the phone will not let it completely charge the larger battery. You'll even get better results from your stock battery when charged with this external charger. Its the only way i charge mine now.
Seidio makes an expensive one, but i bought the cheaper one linked up here in the battery life thread. $12.00 including shipping.
Only way to go!

deepfreez

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
If you don't have an external charger, then get one. The software or something in the phone will not let it completely charge the larger battery. You'll even get better results from your stock battery when charged with this external charger. Its the only way i charge mine now.
Seidio makes an expensive one, but i bought the cheaper one linked up here in the battery life thread. $12.00 including shipping.
Only way to go!

+1 I use the Seidio one that hooks up vis USB or to a wall outlet. I get get a much more consistent and "fuller" charge (if fuller is a word.)

1750 Update: I left my house @ 7:00AM yesterday @ 100% and took it to 10% @ 11:00 PM I listened to music and browsed web articles on the 20 min. bus ride to work. I downloaded updates to 4 apps via 3G and made 2 calls at lunch, which took me down to 70% by 5PM. Listened to music on the way home, used Nav to find sushi place, and played games in doc. office which took me from 70% at 5PM to 35% @ 8PM. I drained 25% more playing homerun derby (very graphics intensive game) from about 9PM-11PM.

I guess that's a bit detailed but hopefully its useful to some. Take that for what its worth to you. I am fine with all of that and not having a pregnant looking phone.. for now. :cool:

dyastrab

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I just got it and noticed something a little funny. Unlike the OEM battery, the frame around the battery "gives" slightly. What I mean is that the OEM battery feels solid all over but the Seidio battery seems to have a little give on the outer plastic edge of the battery. Does anyone else have this issue?. Wondering if I should return mine if its defective.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salpha