Share your HTC One (M8) first impressions and personal reviews!

Rohit Tilani

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I just purchased an HTC One M8 and it has WeChat and TVB (Chinese Apps) Pre Installed.
Would just like to know if there is any way to check whether it is a re-furbished piece by any chance.

Bruuce Wayne

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
First of all this is my first post on the forum though i have been following it for a while.
I have never owned HTC product and never been too much interested ,but it has come to it i had to change my aging Galaxy S2 and i started searching for a new one.And for 5 months now i never ever hesitated about getting One M8.
Now i finally got one i can say i have never ever held a better phone in my hand from build quality screen,i like sense its faster than anything with android stamp on it (even iphone 5s that i used for a bit) and i appreciate that because i also have Nexus 7 2013 so speed is all i need :)
Boomsound shocked me,like literally shocked me i didnt expect that loudness and sound quality even if i read so much about it.
And for now ,last but not the least camera.I really dont get it what do people expect its a fantastic camera for 90 percent of the population,laser fast autofocus with enough depth and vibrant colors for a phone,sure there are better but i have seen some amazing shots with manual option that i am thrilled to experiment with.
The best device i have ever owned and i am so glad i stayed away from Samsung because i hated that bloatware,build quality and those fake screen colors.
And omg its so beautiful,i literally cant take of my eyes of it.Those curves,gunmetal color,and those laser sharp edges..MINDBLOWN.
And yes i will be getting devilcase alu bumper with that ultra thin transparent plastic cover for both front and back.I f***ing want to see it ,i dont want a case to cover it and i also dont want to peel this beautiful but sensitive layer :)
Thats it for first impressions.
Every reccomendation.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I just purchased an HTC One M8 and it has WeChat and TVB (Chinese Apps) Pre Installed.
Would just like to know if there is any way to check whether it is a re-furbished piece by any chance.
Where did you buy it from and what sku is it (i.e. an AT&T M8, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, unlocked, developer, etc)? Each version has a different set of bloatware. I'd compare to other people who have the same version.

I can say my Sprint M8 didn't come with those apps.

Rohit Tilani

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
* Network
* 2G GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - Sprint, Verizon / CDMA 800 / 1900 - Sprint, Verizon
* 3G HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100 - Sprint / HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 - Verizon
* 4G LTE 800 / 1900 / 2600 - Sprint , LTE 700 / 1700 / 2100 / 1800 / 2600 - Verizon

I purchased it from an online website in the U.A.E

Zina B

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I have been having problems with the HTC Sync manager and my HTC One M8 since the day I got my phone (4 months ago). When I have tried to find any answers to my questions on the website there is no information at all regarding my problems. I tried the Instant chat but after I stated my inquiry the person did not respond, even after me waiting for 15 minuets. The Manager is completely ridiculous and glitchy and so is the phone. When I set it to silent, I have to restart my phone to get any volume back, numerous time it has just randomly shut off. there is no help to deal with it. My experience has firmly set my decision to NEVER buy anything HTC again, and to tell everyone in my life to stay away from this horrible company.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I have been having problems with the HTC Sync manager and my HTC One M8 since the day I got my phone (4 months ago). When I have tried to find any answers to my questions on the website there is no information at all regarding my problems. I tried the Instant chat but after I stated my inquiry the person did not respond, even after me waiting for 15 minuets. The Manager is completely ridiculous and glitchy and so is the phone. When I set it to silent, I have to restart my phone to get any volume back, numerous time it has just randomly shut off. there is no help to deal with it. My experience has firmly set my decision to NEVER buy anything HTC again, and to tell everyone in my life to stay away from this horrible company.

If you have a Mac don't bother trying to use the Sync Manager. It won't work. Had a rep from HTC tell me that. I use airdroid instead. It works pretty good. I haven't tried to set mine to silent yet. Not sure about that glitch. I'll give it a try and see what mine does.

Gallion

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I have had the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on ATT since it came out. Trying to decide if I want to go to the HTC One (M8). Anyone go from the Note 3 to the M8? would love your opinions and suggestions.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I have had the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on ATT since it came out. Trying to decide if I want to go to the HTC One (M8). Anyone go from the Note 3 to the M8? would love your opinions and suggestions.
today HTC is announcing a new phone. I'd keep my eye on that one.

mrcastro

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I have had the M8 for 2 weeks, my s2 was on life support and finally gave away. It was either the M8 or nexus 6, but I am glad i got the M8 because the nexus 6 is too big for my taste.
I love the design of it. although I wished it came in all black instead of silver/gray. It seems that there is wasted real estate space with the phone. They should remove the HTC logo in the front of the phone; and put the back, home and what every the far right button is called there instead.

The camera is good for my standards. It amazes me the number of phone users that are apparently professional photographers. If you need to take better pictures get a DSLR camera. Also email your pictures instead of texting them so you dont loose quality. I just use the camera to share pictures via text or social media, and they turn out very good actually.

Overall I would give a 9/10.

Rbakfan

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
This is actually my second android. The first was a one x. I really liked the one x but the battety life wasn't very good. So naturally I was a little skeptical. However, I purchased this phone yesterday, and I have really been using it heavily today, as I have been setting it up and transferring pictures and contacts. I have to say that it hasn't disappointed so far. I'm still at 60%, which I think is exceptional given the time I've been on it today. I did find a nice surprise while browsing widgets. I found a fm radio widget. I put it on the home screen and tried it out. Mucch to my surprise, it works great. You can even use the phone's speakers. I'm giving an a+ on this one. I've always been an iPhone user because most androids have had a cheapish feel to me. This phone is second to none.

jawnames

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm late to the party but I just made the switch from the 5s.

Overall I love the phone. Without a case on it and sometimes with a case I notice that its hard to distinguish which end is the top or bottom. For instance: Pulling it out of my pocket I have fumbled with it a few times not knowing which end is the unlock button.

Obviously the knock-knock feature takes care of this issue, but my only complaint with this phone and the original M7 is the lack of a physical home button. I really would like to see HTC integrate that back into their phones.

This device is great if you consume a lot of music and or videos on the go. Screen size is perfect, the boom sound is amazing. I've noticed that the camera randomly loads for no reason when I'm using twitter. I'm sure its just some weird gesture pre-setting that I'm accidentally activating.

Overall great phone and I'm glad to be back in an Android device.

Rakkety

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I wanted the phone when I first saw reviews. Now that I've had it for two weeks I love it. Best thing about it are the forward speakers. The audio is amazing when watching movies or playing games. The screen is not overly large like other phones; I can still use it with one hand. My only big complaint is that it does tend to get hot when playing games for an extended amount of time.

yiwostudios

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
I especially like its appearance, it's really awesome, i must say. HTC(M8) is the ONE that i've wanted for a long time, it's a beautiful and powerful smart phone, i'd like to recommend to others, hope you'll like it!

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I just wish the battery will stay much longer, I use kakao often and gets to charge it for a day but if im not using the app I am all set for 2-3 days without charging. Its an amazing fone, I love the spec the elegance and the well finished design :)

stripeyfox

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi. So after deliberating for months in the run up to my contract renewal two phones made it in to my "final". The HTC One (M8) and the Sony Xperia Z3. I decided to plump for the HTC and it should be in my hands in the next hour or two (after two failed deliveries by DPD).

I liked the HTC the moment I saw it but seeing as two of my previous phones have been water damaged, the Sony was a very strong contender (as well as the ability to take photos in "wet" surroundings - eg snaps of my kids at the beach/pool for example). However, in the end I decided the HTC was for me ( I may persuade the wife to get the xperia when she upgrades so we can still get those pool shots).

I really like the look of the interface, Blinkfeed, and the Dot View Case. The camera looks adequate for my needs. But I got a kind of nagging feeling I went for Style (HTC) over Substance (Sony). What do you think?

btw - I have taken out insurance just in case I drop it down the toilet again!

Not going to be sad to say goodbye to my Nokia Lumia 625!

Bluestinger

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Love the phone. But the included case is such a nasty cheap piece of **** that it makes me wonder why they even bothered to include it in the first place.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickness54