Sick of the size of the phone. Want to sell or trade

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I think you took delivery of a fake product. Good luck sending it back.

Or else it's a photo stolen from Samsung R + D for a 2017 Note 65" mini.

Let's see your trousers/handbag in context. (very pink!)

We need more of those. Thanks.

EDIT:
(Ah! It's been your Avatar all along, I read posts too quickly on a phone!)

Posted via Android Central App on Note 3

Last edited:

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Why do you continue to insist that your bad iPhone shots are proof of anything other than bad technique? I've seen some far better shots randomly searching images in Google.

LOL these are not my bad iPhone shots to begin with. Secondly, the point I am trying to get across is that the Note 3 camera is not as bad as some are saying on here, just like the iPhone camera is not as good as some have said. I agree with you 100% that it has more to do with the photographer than the camera.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
The camera is more than fine for me.

Especially now I can disable the long processing on some shots thanks to a poster. I'm an ex audiophile, not a photographer admittedly.
The 4k video on auto night mode thingy is spectacular.

I'm sure the OP does not find the camera the number 1 dislike.

Posted via Android Central App on Note 3

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
With my Moto X asleep. I can send a text, get current weather, make phone calls, browse the web, set alarms, set and use navigation, and lots more. And yes all this starting with my device asleep and not in my hand.

I can do the same thing using the galaxy gear 😆

Alright maybe not all of those things, but most

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty sick of the size of this phone. Really wish I got the S4. The good thing is that I just received a brand new note from At&t today as a replacement of my previous note 3 that started acting haywire. It's brand new in the sealed box. I figured this is an excellent time to sell it outright or trade it for a S4 plus cash.

I'm hoping to get $600 if I sell it outright, unless you think it's worth more.

I'm done with the whole "phablet" thing. I think the phone is way to bug to be useful/handy and I do think the camera sucks. After ever pic I take it says "processing" for a few seconds. What gives?! My iPhone never did that. There goes rapid pics of the baby. I might even be done with samsung all together.

Posted via Android Central App

Nice rant...

swisstrader

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Using S Voice might be part of the problem. I just use the microphone key on the keyboard for voice to text. Which I think is more of Google voice. Works great for me. Agreed that S Voice still needs work, but has come a long way.

Btw: you do know the stock Samsung keyboard has emoticons built in. You long press on the microphone key. I think this is great and so many other android peeps have been jealous. And like previous posters stated, there are other keyboards out there. I actually use "quick keyboard switch" to use/flip between stock/swype/swiftkey/slideit keyboards. That way I have a cool tool without going into the settings to switch.

On another note, at first I thought the camera stunk too. But I really played with the settings. Unchecked the smart stabilization and only use flash when you really need it. I also use Camera Zoom Fx a lot. It really does produce/aid in better pics with the Note 3.

In the end, to each their own. Everyone can sit here until they're blue in the face, to convince you to keep the Note 3. Only you can decide. But if you're making the jump to the S4, please understand it's basically the same camera and hardware. Just a smaller size phone with no spen. You might not be happy with it. Another big down fall, it's only 16GB and the operating system uses a big chunk of it. I know a valid common complaint of this in other forums & reviews on S4. Not much room left over. Yes, you have the external sd card, but only so much can be transferred over (besides the basic photos/music/etc).

Android is very customizable/changeable. Apple is very intuitive, as stable and standard.

I really do think you should consider going back to Apple.

Good luck with whatever you decide. :)

Palm Treo line > BlackBerry line > Samsung Galaxy S line > NOW the awesome & powerful Samsung Galaxy Note 3! 😆📱😆

What he said!!! It seems to me that you haven't spent enough time with the phone to know or understand its full capabilities. I came from the iPhone 5 and while the Note 3 is a bit of a challenge initially, in the end it blows away so many if not most phones out there. I pick my iPhone occasionally and it now looks like a toy...a very easy to use toy, but still a toy.

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
LOL these are not my bad iPhone shots to begin with. Secondly, the point I am trying to get across is that the Note 3 camera is not as bad as some are saying on here, just like the iPhone camera is not as good as some have said. I agree with you 100% that it has more to do with the photographer than the camera.

When I said your pics, I meant the pics that you used as examples. I didn't mean that you necessarily took them. Sorry to have given that impression. However, I thought that you were falling into the same trap that people were falling into, of posting cherry-picked bad shots from the Note 3 as proof that low light is bad with this camera.

That's why I brought it up.

Solrighal

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I moved from a 4S to the Note 3. It's such a flexible machine I couldn't go back to Apple now. I did have some issues with the size though. It was difficult to grip properly even though I have large hands. I bought a Spigen Neo Hybrid case for it but that actually made things worse so I sent it back. I then bought the official Samsung flip wallet and that's good but makes it a pain to answer calls quickly and nigh on impossible one - handed. I kept it though for special occasions. I now also own an Otterbox Commuter and that has solved the problem for me. It's really not as bulky as you might think but it's way easier to handle. It also offers a fair amount of protection and is much better built than the Spigen was.

I kinda agree with you about the camera though. I know this has way more MP than the 4S had but it's helluva clumsy to use in comparison to the pocketable iphone. However the Otterbox case does help with this even if it does make it larger overall.

To be honest the deal breaker for me was not having to use iTunes and the ability to play FLAC files. That facility alone makes it a win for me. But yes, there are up - sides to iOS too. Simplicity, apps that, generally speaking, really will do exactly what it says on the tin. It's your preference that counts mate and it's your money too. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-N9005

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Please answer me this...are you all able to speak to the phone and get it to correctly write a text or email with punctuality?

With my Scottish accent the voice to text on any phone I've had has been absolutely atrocious trying to decipher what I've said into text! Ha

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
And this is why you should test and think about what your buying for the next 2 years. I'm in it for the battery life and specs so I grew to enjoy the size. Wasn't my first pick but I'm glad I did.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Do you wear skinny jeans? Some times I have to reach in my pocket to seed if it's there! This phone is not big at all! Actually wish it was bigger, already I know there's plenty of room in my pocket for a bigger phone!

Posted via AC App via note 3

lol the phone is not big at all. good one

Q10, HTC One, Nexus 7, Moto X

mspace81

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I say get a device that makes you happy. It sounds as if iPhone works best for your needs, and that is completely ok. I say sell your note 3 and get the iPhone 5s. The SG4 isn't much difference except for the size, battery, and lack of spen. Android isn't for everyone, which is why there are many other platforms we can choose from. Being able to customize and have so many options is not for everyone either, because it can be overwhelming.

Get the device that works for you! You'll be happier as well. There's no point in spending hundreds of dollars on something you don't like. Life is too short to stress over a phone.

OTACORB

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I sold an iPhone 5S and switched to the N3. I initially had some learning curve issues, but I slowly figured them out. I am not as pleased with the camera as I was with the iPhone 5S because in terms of a quick shoot and save camera the iPhone 5S is a beast. However, now that I've played around with the N3 I can take really nice photos, but its just a bit more cumbersome and slower. Size wise I was initially a bit concerned, but now when picking up an iPhone it feels like a tiny toy now (though I have no issues with iPhone's). I was tired of the weak battery life and honestly the small screen I was really over. The big screen on the N3 has been a joy to use and so much better for my eye sight. I appreciate many things that the N3 offers that the iPhone simply doesn't.

Clearly the N3 isn't for everyone. However, speaking for myself I am totally happy I made the switch! Now this isn't to say that if Apple comes out with an iPhone with a 5.5" display I may give them some consideration at my next upgrade, but I think Apple will reluctantly go no bigger than 5".

Google Now works very well and its fast on my N3. I cannot tell you how many times I've had to wait and wait on Siri because its server side based and at times it so darn slow. Because of this using it for texting makes it almost unusable. Google Now for texting isn't perfect, but in my opinion its better than Siri.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
lol the phone is not big at all. good one

Q10, HTC One, Nexus 7, Moto X

I know what he's trying to say. Yes, I recognize other people view the note 3 as big, but I don't. Maybe we're just used to the size. To me your Moto X is like a small child's toy. It's all relative.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Dharma Jairam

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Here's another case in point. I read on this forum that Textra is a must have messaging app. I installed it.

Now, it changed the way my messaging shows up. I no longer see the previews.

And, even after I read the text the notifications on the top of the screen don't go away. It's just ridiculous. Why promote an app that doesn't work right? Why can't they just get it right?

Turning off notifications for that app results in no text notifications at Al and leaving it on results in a constant icon up top unless I go through the trouble of clearing it manually. Just seems like a pointless added step. It should be seamless and disappear as soon as I read the text.

This phone might have good hardware but all android related software seems to be behind apple one or two steps and requires additional steps to do simple things.

Take the camera again. I turned off smart stabilization and it resulted in crappy pics in low light. I had to turn it back on and now I have to deal with the 5 second processing after EVERY pic I take.

swisstrader

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site

Testing S voice?? On a more serious note, just battery life alone on the Note 3 is an iPhone killer. How in the world did Apple design a phone that literally lasts 3/4ths of a day?? So of course, the only option is to buy a mophie, which then kills any and all Apple design.

With regard to the pen, I also thought I would never use it, but now I wake up each morning jotting notes down in Action Memo and making lists for my day. Simple and easy!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
And this is why you should test and think about what your buying for the next 2 years. I'm in it for the battery life and specs so I grew to enjoy the size. Wasn't my first pick but I'm glad I did.

In the USA, every major carrier allows you to return the phone within the return period, though a restocking fee may apply.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
In the USA, every major carrier allows you to return the phone within the return period, though a restocking fee may apply.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Yup. Usually a 14-30 day trial period.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332