Sick of the size of the phone. Want to sell or trade

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
And this is why you should test and think about what your buying for the next 2 years. I'm in it for the battery life and specs so I grew to enjoy the size. Wasn't my first pick but I'm glad I did.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

That's true but obviously I think most people look at the basic specs of the phone, they like - the screen and size, consider what their friends have, and if the brand matches their image sadly. Surely 30% of the time they're persuaded by a phone store salesperson that this is the phone for them on this tariff, and it's unique building brick counter is something they cannot live without.

People will assume that voice control, camera quality, voice quality, battery etc will be of the latest high quality.

Possibly more in the UK more than US, buyers still lock themselves in to a 2 year deal. If they try to change their phone they lose big time.

A growing percentage are researching and getting good prices for unlocked factory items, especially now sim only deals or rolling contracts are more prevalent and better value.

There will always be features you cannot test, in store anyway, which is why its whatever's in vogue with friends; and they sign away for 2 years with mega peripheral charges. Professional reviews help, but don't cover everything, or can't account for buyers different abilities or quirks.

Hopefully more people are getting savvy and this high pressure selling will die out.

Some people can afford a heavy contract, a lot more think they can.

(EDIT: I wrote this thinking I was on the last page of postings.
So duh what the last few guys said too.)

Posted via Android Central App on Note 3

jlongrc

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I really, really hope they release an S4-size Note one day. My HTC One is about as big as I want to get. I don't think I'd want to go over a 5 inch screen.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I really, really hope they release an S4-size Note one day. My HTC One is about as big as I want to get. I don't think I'd want to go over a 5 inch screen.

Won't happen. If they did that there would be no reason to make the S-series of the phone...

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I took some videos of my daughter sledding and last night played them on my big tv though chromcast and I was blown away. My sister in law could not believe I took the video with a phone,, I could not believe how it looked on a 55 inch hi Def tv.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

Gavin S.

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I took some videos of my daughter sledding and last night played them on my big tv though chromcast and I was blown away. My sister in law could not believe I took the video with a phone,, I could not believe how it looked on a 55 inch hi Def tv.

How did you stream from your phone to Chromecast? I thought that wasn't something that was possible.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Go away Mr 1-post calling others names...I was joking before - but not in this post. Your 1st post and you start name calling here? Did you join just to troll or do you have anything useful to add? Do you even own a Note 3 or know what they look like?

Don't buy into it... Best thing to do is ignore or report the post so the Moderator team can review the situation ;)

Paul
Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
How did you stream from your phone to Chromecast? I thought that wasn't something that was possible.

Huh? That's what the purpose of chromcast is.. I watch all my movies, netflix,, hulu, etc. All my videos from YouTube. With the avia app any video that is stored in my phone also any video I fine online plays though the avia app to Chromecast. Best part is while your streaming to the tv you can still play with your phone without affecting the stream one bit. You can also play Pandora and all your Google music right to the tv.

petaf

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I sold an iPhone 5S and switched to the N3. I initially had some learning curve issues, but I slowly figured them out. I am not as pleased with the camera as I was with the iPhone 5S because in terms of a quick shoot and save camera the iPhone 5S is a beast. However, now that I've played around with the N3 I can take really nice photos, but its just a bit more cumbersome and slower. Size wise I was initially a bit concerned, but now when picking up an iPhone it feels like a tiny toy now (though I have no issues with iPhone's). I was tired of the weak battery life and honestly the small screen I was really over. The big screen on the N3 has been a joy to use and so much better for my eye sight. I appreciate many things that the N3 offers that the iPhone simply doesn't.

Clearly the N3 isn't for everyone. However, speaking for myself I am totally happy I made the switch! Now this isn't to say that if Apple comes out with an iPhone with a 5.5" display I may give them some consideration at my next upgrade, but I think Apple will reluctantly go no bigger than 5".

Google Now works very well and its fast on my N3. I cannot tell you how many times I've had to wait and wait on Siri because its server side based and at times it so darn slow. Because of this using it for texting makes it almost unusable. Google Now for texting isn't perfect, but in my opinion its better than Siri.

Envision a 5.5" screen on an iPhone, all those icons! Ugh. Gives me a headache just thinking about it.

Kettle

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Envision a 5.5" screen on an iPhone, all those icons! Ugh. Gives me a headache just thinking about it.

I think that is the main reason Apple doesn't go to a larger screen. Given the elementary nature of their operating system either they just show you a grid of really big icons or you get pages littered with lots of small icons. Either way, a larger screen accentuates this central issue with iOS.

This happens to be the primary reason that I prefer Android to iOS.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

OTACORB

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I think that is the main reason Apple doesn't go to a larger screen. Given the elementary nature of their operating system either they just show you a grid of really big icons or you get pages littered with lots of small icons. Either way, a larger screen accentuates this central issue with iOS.

This happens to be the primary reason that I prefer Android to iOS.

Oh they are coming with a bigger screen no doubt about that. I think the row of icons are not really an issue for the iPhone loyalist. In fact I would say that is actually a non-issue for Apple.

Sent from Samsung Note 3 with Tapatalk

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Here's another case in point. I read on this forum that Textra is a must have messaging app. I installed it.

Now, it changed the way my messaging shows up. I no longer see the previews.

And, even after I read the text the notifications on the top of the screen don't go away. It's just ridiculous. Why promote an app that doesn't work right? Why can't they just get it right?

Turning off notifications for that app results in no text notifications at Al and leaving it on results in a constant icon up top unless I go through the trouble of clearing it manually. Just seems like a pointless added step. It should be seamless and disappear as soon as I read the text.

This phone might have good hardware but all android related software seems to be behind apple one or two steps and requires additional steps to do simple things.

Take the camera again. I turned off smart stabilization and it resulted in crappy pics in low light. I had to turn it back on and now I have to deal with the 5 second processing after EVERY pic I take.

Posted via Android Central App

I have to tell you that is more user error than the app. When the textra pop-up comes out it says leave it or done on top. I think it's a useful feature to be able to leave it so you can respond later on if you need to. Also, the reason you don't have notifications is because when you download another texting app it disables notifications from the stock app so you don't receive double notifications.

That being said, like many have mentioned on here get whatever works for you. If the iPhone is what suits you, get it. I prefer Android and so do many others here, but that may not be the case for you. Cheers!

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
My biggest issue is the shear size of the phone. Even with the slimmest case the phone is too big. I have no idea how people use Otterboxes!

My phone was apparently quirky and had to be replaced. I find the keyboard thing annoying. There isn't one that gives you a good keyboard with emoticons. Choice isn't always a good thing, as is the case for the keyboards.

I you the official S-View Case and Swiftkey Beta. Both would have taken solve these problems.

johanloy

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Its very good iphone and i don feel like naked.Its not very big size or not a uncomfortable feel when put it in to the my pants pocket.

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Well it's a shame you didn't get on with the note 3. I went from owning iPhones to a galaxy note a couple of years ago (when the first note came out) and it took me about three months to get totally happy with android. At first I used to rant and rave about every little thing on the phone. Then I just accepted that android went about things differently, but there was so much in android that I loved that Apple simply did not have. Many people hate Touchwiz but I didn't mind it at all. There are some fantastic things on the note like the front led you can get to flash all sorts of colours, like creating a special vibrate code for people so you know if someone special is messaging you without taking your phone out your pocket. There are loads more. Then there is the pleasure of dropping any video file onto your phone and being able to watch it, and so on. I still really like the iPhone but couldn't go back with it being so small. I read a lot on my iPhone and finally got sick of its minuscule screen.

In fact the original note is bigger than the note 3. When I first saw it I laughed and thought it ridiculous, but after a couple of days it just looked normal, and all other phones looked stupidly small! I could slip it into a front pocket and it really was no problem; are you really serious when you say it won't fit in your pockets? And I could use it one handed too, by using my little finger to hold it up at the bottom.

So I'm sorry it didn't agree with you. No chance of giving out just a little longer then? I don't even have a note any more I have an HTC one, but I'm being a new mobile- soon as a second phone for work, and I have decided to go for the note 3.it really is one of the best phones on the market. Samsung do put done rubbish features on their phones, particularly the galaxy S series, but I think the team in charge of note think a little more about these things.

Anyway, good luck whatever you decide.

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I agree with Rob, but... like I, and others on here, have said if it doesn't work for you get rid of it and enjoy whatever you decide to get.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Can't believe there are 10 pages about this

If the OP doesn't like the Note 3. I hope he finds the right phone for him

There will always be people who don't get the Note 3 or its shear size and there will be people who do.

And FYI, I coverted from a diehard apple fan 3 months ago to the Note 3 after debating for a long time if I should leave the iPhone 5. And I have never regretted the switch

Coddy85

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Can't believe there are 10 pages about this

If the OP doesn't like the Note 3. I hope he finds the right phone for him

There will always be people who don't get the Note 3 or its shear size and there will be people who do.

And FYI, I coverted from a diehard apple fan 3 months ago to the Note 3 after debating for a long time if I should leave the iPhone 5. And I have never regretted the switch

Ditto, The Note 3 has made me realise how far behind Apple are in development. The form factor and clean OS UI isn't enough to make me regret it. I've barely touched my iPad recently either. Horses for courses as always but Apple have a bit of catching up to do. I do miss all my TV shows and movies I bought on iTunes store though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynempire