So how many times did your TBolt reboot this weekend?

mikecove

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Rebooted while driving on an important conference call. My coworker dialed us back in on his blackberry. This phone is almost as bad as my storm 1 in reliablity. At least 2 reboots a day.

EisBlade

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Located in NC. Rooted on BAMF 1.63
No reboots other than those I've done on purpose to restart some location/weather and other services when messing around with it.

rbfromma

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Oh no....

The reboots started yesterday afternoon for me and happened again about 15 minutes ago. Both times the reboot happened while connected to my car dock, running the Navigation but just showing the map (no destination was entered). Both reboots happened in locations within about a mile of each other. I am completely stock and have had the OTA update installed since the morning it was available. The only real issue I had noticed to date was the phone acting funny and not properly recognizing my car dock a couple days after the OTA. After several frustrating reboots and a battery pull everything had seemingly been fine....but now the dreaded reboots have appeared. I also noticed the battery % dropped about 15% after the random reboot as others are reporting.

Not too happy...

Edit - non-LTE area for me

Last edited:

bcoley

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
rbfromma's battery life comment prompts me to add to my previous post about my experience with the reboots. On more than one of the reboots, I have seen battery life change -- but for me, battery life changed both for the good and the bad. On a couple of occasions, I saw perhaps a 25-30% improvement. Another reboot took me back to the old rate battery power decay. Very odd. Glad to know that Verizon and HTC are at least acknowledging that there's an issue.

bugg77

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm rooted and was having random reboots then I tried several different ROMs "stock" OTA update, PerfectStorm, BAMF 1.6.3, and all of them have given me random reboots. I've had at least 2 in the last 2 hours, and I say that because I happened to be using the phone when it rebooted. I suppose my next step is a factory reset and start all over again.

I'm in a non-LTE market, but I also had a couple of random reboots yesterday while I was using the Navigation to get me around Houston.

Hope VZW and HTC get they're isht together in a hurry!

braxtoq

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Not sure about the weekend, I think a couple of times, most frustrating is when it shuts down while I'm mid conversation, just happened this morning!

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Zero reboots for me since the one and only a couple of weeks ago. Battery life has also stabilized with a minor improvement since OTA update. I've even installed a few more apps. The only problem I've had recently was while on a call i needed to look up contact info for the person I was talking to. I was able to get the info and complete the call but the device was acting very sluggish afterwards. I manually rebooted and all was well. I had a few things running when the call first came so I may have just overloaded the thing a bit.

tyoutsey

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
My phone has not rebooted but is very sluggish at times and constantly disconnects from my cars bluetooth connection. It has become almost unusable with my car.

w00tw00twhat

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
With the leaked GB bamf 2.0beta5 when rebooting my device I'm only dropping 1 to 2% each time. After rebooting right now I just had a first, battery actually went up a couple %. Rebooted at 48% when booted back up was at 51%.

willymakit

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Enough that tier 2 sent me a new phone,now no reboots since Friday......YEA. I also got the same thing from Verizon when I had to call in and get it activated...."A new phone won't fix it", but guess what......... it did. So Thank You to the first Tier 2 Tech that sent me the new phone.

Diabl0

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I did the update the day it came out and have had random reboots as well. I was having probably about 3 a day. I haven't had one in a few days now. Not sure why.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
0 reboots since I've owned the phone. Rooted and flashed it the night I got this bad boy. And have had 0 reboots on GB das bamf rom. Freaking loving this phone, the new 2.0beta5 has had amazing battery life. Sucks that others aren't experiencing what some of us are.

It's great that you are not experiencing problems but the fact that you are not even running the same software as we are (and this is a software problem) is the reason.

Reactions: Chrisy

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe