So how many times did your TBolt reboot this weekend?

w00tw00twhat

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
It's great that you are not experiencing problems but the fact that you are not even running the same software as we are (and this is a software problem) is the

Well the title of the thread is how many reboots, and well running a leaked rom with bugs and reported random reboots, so I think in can post my results in here and also stating to everyone that the GB rom is really awesome and may hold some fixes or make your overall experience with the phone better. So you'd rather sit around and watch your phones reboot and complain when rooting and flashing the phone can address certain issues you may have with the phone. Yes its a daunting task to some when they look at the rooting section, but isn't it better to try something different then calling into verizon and complaining. I know people want the device to work stock off the bat but obviously that's not the case with a first generation LTE 4g phone. Not trying to rub you or anyone the wrong way by stating my results, just showing that there might be a resolve to ones problems or a better phone experience that you all are looking for.

w00tw00twhat

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Good points... This rebooting issue has me thinking really hard at rooting. I think I will start reading up on it today.

There all pretty helpful over there, any question you have that the reading didn't answer or a problem you face on the way, the experts will help you out and get you to the phone you should have had in the beginning

motodunner

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
There all pretty helpful over there, any question you have that the reading didn't answer or a problem you face on the way, the experts will help you out and get you to the phone you should have had in the beginning

I have poked around on there some and everyone does seem to be really helpful. I would love to tinker around with some of the cool options available when rooted.

bugg77

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Good points... This rebooting issue has me thinking really hard at rooting. I think I will start reading up on it today.

I was rooted and was still having a ton of random reboots, before and after trying several of the custom ROMs. I started from scratch today and will slowly add new apps to see if that was one of the problems. I just don't want anyone to think that being rooted is an automatic fix for random reboots.

Reactions: indymeh

soccerfon711

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
It's great that you are not experiencing problems but the fact that you are not even running the same software as we are (and this is a software problem) is the

Well the title of the thread is how many reboots, and well running a leaked rom with bugs and reported random reboots, so I think in can post my results in here and also stating to everyone that the GB rom is really awesome and may hold some fixes or make your overall experience with the phone better. So you'd rather sit around and watch your phones reboot and complain when rooting and flashing the phone can address certain issues you may have with the phone. Yes its a daunting task to some when they look at the rooting section, but isn't it better to try something different then calling into verizon and complaining. I know people want the device to work stock off the bat but obviously that's not the case with a first generation LTE 4g phone. Not trying to rub you or anyone the wrong way by stating my results, just showing that there might be a resolve to ones problems or a better phone experience that you all are looking for.

The thing is, the phone should be able to work right out of the box. I understand there will be problems, but those problems need to be addressed. I believe that VZ/HTC are addressing the rebooting problem and hopefully there will be a fix soon. But in the mean time, telling people to root is not a legitmate answer. There are plenty of people that aren't technologically advance enough to root and understand what to do afterwards. While the rooting process may be simple, there are other components to rooting that may not be as simple for some people.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I don't have a computer to root.

Believe there are mac instructions in the roms/hacks section.

I also don't want to void my warranty.
That's a misconception and scare tactic to keep you bound by the chains of the man. Your warranty is only voided if you tell them as you can easily flash back to stock firmware. Just don't try to call Verizon for support if you're on unofficial firmware, granted the support from Adrynalyne and Co. is 100x anything that you'll get from Verizon.

anon(2632)

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
The thing is, the phone should be able to work right out of the box. I understand there will be problems, but those problems need to be addressed. I believe that VZ/HTC are addressing the rebooting problem and hopefully there will be a fix soon. But in the mean time, telling people to root is not a legitmate answer. There are plenty of people that aren't technologically advance enough to root and understand what to do afterwards. While the rooting process may be simple, there are other components to rooting that may not be as simple for some people.

Agreed completely. I read thru all the rooting forum for the thunderbolt. I had success with rooting my eris and installing different roms. However, i cannot seem to get ADB to work on my computer/thunderbolt and the process is not as clear as compared to the eris. I asked a few questions and quickly figured out (with some of the terminolgy being used) that i was not going to attempt this with my phone. I can't afford to brick this thing as i use it for work (medical field) and it is the only phone i have. I am stuck calling VZW again today as i have suddenly began having the reboots more often (3 times today). I only had a couple since i owned this phone (day one), even after the ota. But the last couple of days it has started increasing. I know it wasn't doing this previously because i would frequently check my uptime/recent apps because so many on here were having the problems. I had 3 "silent" reboots today while actually using the device. I do not know how many actually occurred while in the holster because the thunder does not sound when rebooting randomly (although sound is on and it does play when i manually reboot with power button). I don't know what my options are at this point.

Lillypad2000

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Just want to throw my 2 cents in here, I had been having an occasional shutdown (it never reboot for me, just a hard power off). But starting this weekend, my phone has shut down no less than 5 times per day. This has become extremely frustrating!

To make it worse, I just came off owning a BlackBerry Storm 1 for two years. That device was also a huge pain in the butt. The Storm 1 was a complete failure for Verizon and me. I hope the ThunderDOLT (yes I spelled that correctly!) Is not a repeat.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Just want to throw my 2 cents in here, I had been having an occasional shutdown (it never reboot for me, just a hard power off). But starting this weekend, my phone has shut down no less than 5 times per day. This has become extremely frustrating!

To make it worse, I just came off owning a BlackBerry Storm 1 for two years. That device was also a huge pain in the butt. The Storm 1 was a complete failure for Verizon and me. I hope the ThunderDOLT (yes I spelled that correctly!) Is not a repeat.

Oh wow that sucks! You sire have rotten luck with phones :(

Fortunately this device will have a fix soon enough.

delynnie

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Mine never rebooted after the ota, but I had to travel to Arkansas where it is just 3G, and the reboots started! I hope when I get home to my 4G they go away!

Red261

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't really know how many random reboots lately. I have had one that I saw. I caused reboots several times while rooting and other screw ups. I just switched from a Droid X. I can't say that I can complain about the few random reboots I've had. The droid x sadly rebooted on stock and when any rom tried to fix it, blur would throw a fit and cause more reboots. It took forever for developers to get around that. I'm sure the minor reboot issue here will be worked out.

cplayer2

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
mine rebooted about 10 times in one hour. I was trying to play words with friends and had to quit playing because of all the reboots. It has not rebooted once today. i am unrooted and downloaded the update

same here....called verizon cust service and they said the only work-around was to do a hard reset (wipes everything off your phone and erases everything)....not sure what i'm going to do but its affecting my business