So when do we actually receive our preordered phones from Verizon?

jeepentj

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I ask because the Verizon website says the phones will be available on the 10th and my preorder indicates it'll SHIP on the 10th. Does this mean those of us who preordered the phones will receive them LATER then those who buy from a retail store? If so, why wouldn't I cancel my preorder and just walk into a Verizon store on the 10th and buy it?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Typically speaking, I have received pre-orders on or before the ship date. No guarantees of course. It is up to you whether or not you want to buy in store,but no guarantee that the Verizon store will have the color and size you want in release day.

Juliann826

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
I ask because the Verizon website says the phones will be available on the 10th and my preorder indicates it'll SHIP on the 10th. Does this mean those of us who preordered the phones will receive them LATER then those who buy from a retail store? If so, why wouldn't I cancel my preorder and just walk into a Verizon store on the 10th and buy it?

I've said this a couple times around the threads, but I preordered on the 1st and was told by a verizon rep. and a supervisor that the phone would ship 4/9 and get to me on 4/10 with the free 2 day shipping option (I was told no other option was available).

jeepentj

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I've said this a couple times around the threads, but I preordered on the 1st and was told by a verizon rep. and a supervisor that the phone would ship 4/9 and get to me on 4/10 with the free 2 day shipping option (I was told no other option was available).

Funny how we all get different answers. I was told the unit would ship on the 10th but upgraded my shipping for $12 (I think that was the amount) so that it would ship overnight and be delivered by 10.30AM.

I guess we have no choice but to wait and see what happens on the 9th. If the phone doesn't ship on the 9th and I'm able to buy one from a retail store on the 10th, I will do so and just refuse delivery. Good times.

Juliann826

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Funny how we all get different answers. I was told the unit would ship on the 10th but upgraded my shipping for $12 (I think that was the amount) so that it would ship overnight and be delivered by 10.30AM.

I guess we have no choice but to wait and see what happens on the 9th. If the phone doesn't ship on the 9th and I'm able to buy one from a retail store on the 10th, I will do so and just refuse delivery. Good times.

Yeah, I've called Verizon at least a half a dozen times trying to get someone who will let me upgrade to this $12-$15 shipping everyone has, but every single time I'm told there is no such thing and that they can't access my pre order at this time.

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I've called Verizon at least a half a dozen times trying to get someone who will let me upgrade to this $12-$15 shipping everyone has, but every single time I'm told there is no such thing and that they can't access my pre order at this time.

Been told the exact same thing. "There is no other option than the standard 2 day shipping due to the fact that this is a pre order"

jeepentj

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
FWIW, I preordered the Note 3, Note 4, S4 and S5. All of them shipped before they hit retail stores so both preorders and retail buyers (for the most part) received them on the same day. That said, I'm almost positive in each of those situations, the preorder status page reflected shipping dates to support the synchronized delivery - something that doesn't appear to be the case this time. This is the piece that concerns and confuses me.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I never pay for quicker shipping because it usually doesn't arrive any sooner and your just out the $$$$
I would think the whole point of doing a pre-order is to get the item sooner than those who go to the store??
I ordered the 128 GB Black and my ship date is not until the 17th!

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Not in store, I was on the phone for over an hour trying to preorder and I got free 2 day shipping

Everybody got free 2 day shipping. Unfortunately that doesn't mean my phone came 2 days after I placed my preorder. You'll be getting your phone the same time, or later, than everybody else who preordered through Verizon. Ours will most likely be here on the 10th, or if we're lucky, the 9th. If we're extremely unlucky, they won't ship until the 10th (which is what my order shows).

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only one who has a digital receipt that states it will ship "by" 4/10 and not "on"?

No. I ordered my 64GB black Edge at 3:04 EST on April 1st. Mine says will ship by 4/10...if it doesn't get me by that day I'm going to be pissed. I paid the $13 extra for overnight shipping too hoping I would get it before then. I love how Verizons logo is #neversettle yet we had to settle for a four day late preorder and now we're having to settle again...waiting almost two weeks after T-Mobile customers had them in their hands. If T-mobile, AT&T and even Sprint can send them out early..what is Verizon waiting on?

s6e.png

Last edited:

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
One of the guys that works at Verizon in the regular S6 forum said that Verizon preorders will start to ship tomorrow, but will most likely not be delivered until the 10th or possibly a day earlier. Fedex can be told to hold shipments until a certain date.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Verizon is a tool. They simply don't care about their customers, they have your money and they won't ship early and will make all of their customers wait until the 10th. I have never seen them release early or do anything favorable for their customers during the 20 years I was on their network.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is a tool. They simply don't care about their customers, they have your money and they won't ship early and will make all of their customers wait until the 10th. I have never seen them release early or do anything favorable for their customers during the 20 years I was on their network.
Guess you have had bad luck. All of my Verizon pre-orders in the past have shipped earlier than what Verizon said.

nikitathedog

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I'm with you on the 128 gb. I ordered mine on April like 2am, took the guy several tries because first he was hooking me up to the edge program, then he hooked me up no contract then there was something else wrong and finally he got it right....like an hour later....the longest I ever had to order something over the phone.

Well at that time he told me he had a date of April 10th. I have seen nothing and then I start seeing things on the web, if you bought 32 then the 10th and 64 or 128 it was the 17th, and gold forget it it was may 1. I tried checking on Verizon several time for more info. Finally 6 days later (today) it is now confirming the rumors at least for my 128 gb in pearl, April 17. Now that sucks.

Anyway, here are some other observations which I figured there would be trouble.

I have been checking this against Best Buy before April 1st. It seemed like they have been playing with what and when they would sell for several days. At one time it said all Verizon phones were coming, gold, black and white in all sizes with the correct prices. Then everyday I checked it would say something different. The gold was missing but the black and white were still good. Then they were only selling the 32, then the 32 and the 64. The recurring theme was the 128 was missing since the first few days. Mind you there was no way to pre order since this was all before the 1st. However other carriers could (yeah old news at this point)

Anyway, the night I was ordering I check Best Buy again. Nope, no 128 at all and at that time the only way you could pre order was only in store. (see they kept changing things everyday) I even called Best Buy and it was not an option, so I ordered from Verizon. I wanted Best Buy because of the wireless charger freebie. Looks like I was screwed there...thanks Verizon.

Long story short, my guess is the the stores will not have the 128 in stock on the 10th. From previous articles I have been reading, Verizon hates to stock the big GB phones (not only the S6). Maybe they think they can sell a lot of the smaller ones faster because the higher GB no one wants to buy for the cost??

On this phone with no SD card I maxed it out just in case. I know people go crazy over a no SD slot and the battery. I have an S3 for over 2.5 years. I have a 8gb memory card and the largest internal memory they came out with at the time, 32 gb. I have to this day like 17.86 gb internal left and 466mb of sd card. Ok I probably have moved some things off the sd to my computer or auto uploaded to my drop box but I have never run out. A 64gb probably would have done the trick. As far as battery, I think I swapped mine maybe three times because I had a spare from another S3 and I forgot to fully charge mine, but I would put the old one back in as soon as I was able to. My battery has run strong for 2.5 years with no issue. Since the invent of the Mophie and the likes, I would just carry a charge with me or two if I know I would be in a position where i couldn't charge for a while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leeuchytil