Sprint voicemail

eko3484

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I've installed a rom that doesn't have the Sprint voicemail app installed and I can't listen to them through the texts I receive for some reason. I tried Google voice but it just made texts, calling, answering calls and getting voicemails overly complicated. Is there any way to get it back?

memsman

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I've never had problems with aosp's rom, but in ath3nos, for some reason now I can not get the vvm to work properly. It gives me "unable to play message". argh!

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I've installed a rom that doesn't have the Sprint voicemail app installed and I can't listen to them through the texts I receive for some reason. I tried Google voice but it just made texts, calling, answering calls and getting voicemails overly complicated. Is there any way to get it back?
You need to remove the Google Voice Provisioning off of your account. Either log into google voice from a computer to change the settings... Or just call sprint and ask them to remove the forwarding and voicemail client that is programed in the switch at sprint. If you call and tell them... I cant recieve my voicemail. They will look at the switch and see that you have it provisioned for Google Voice and they can remove it for you.

Either way will work. I have done it myself. ;)

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
It installs but doesnt work. no notifications
You need to activate it. I had the same problem once. Do a search for voicemail in forums. I am not at pc now so I can type it all in right now. I made a post about this issue before.
Dial *38 to stop call forwarding to Google voicemail, call last less then minute. Remove battery, update PRL, compose voicemail must be longer than 15 seconds and send it to: activate@vvm.sprint.com. YOU should now start receiving notifications.

Read these posts from here, it's the 3rd 0r 4th post down I explain how to do it:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-s-rooting-roms-hacks/100756-voicemail-issues-2.html

sent from my Reborn Optimus

Last edited:

tlrsax54

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
FYI, when you install google voice it asks you to associate your texts and whatnot with google...the new "sprint integration"...you can hit "skip" and use it solely for voicemail. But other than that, just dial *38 to reset the voicemail back to Sprint and send the e-mail through the VVM like blackops said.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
"Error V30: Voice message will be delivered when data service becomes available."

My data works lol and i have voicemail so im not without but figured it might be nice to use this feature. Have'nt had it since back in May when I got root. Also how do you update prl? That option is no longer available in my settings.

jsm0377

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
google it

Why even bother answering the question? You didn't help him at all. Doesn't look like you've been active enough, judging by your post count, to be offering such advice. Like the old adage says: If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Dizzle: Unfortunately, as far as I'm aware, you can't update PRL using CM7. You have to do a NAND backup, flash a VD based ROM, update PRL, then NAND back to CM7.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Why even bother answering the question? You didn't help him at all. Doesn't look like you've been active enough, judging by your post count, to be offering such advice. Like the old adage says: If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Dizzle: Unfortunately, as far as I'm aware, you can't update PRL using CM7. You have to do a NAND backup, flash a VD based ROM, update PRL, then NAND back to CM7.

You are correct, you cannot do a PRL update in any CM7 ROM.

OP: Do what jsm0377 suggests, it's literally the easiest way to do a PRL update.

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
"Error V30: Voice message will be delivered when data service becomes available."

My data works lol and i have voicemail so im not without but figured it might be nice to use this feature. Have'nt had it since back in May when I got root. Also how do you update prl? That option is no longer available in my settings.
I got the same error when I was on cm7 too. I don't think vvm plays nice with cm7. You may have to go with Google voicemail.

anim4l

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I got the same error when I was on cm7 too. I don't think vvm plays nice with cm7. You may have to go with Google voicemail.

I did, grant you it took a bit to get it setup (which it still isn't done properly, if i ignore the call it continues to ring then beeps and straight to recording your message.) doesn't matter much theyd figure it out

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Well thanks guys. I'm gonna stick with the voicemail I've been using. No complaints on that. I had a little issue doing a backup and restore Thursday so I'm just gonna leave well enough alone lol. If it ain't broke...but as usual you guys showed up with support. Thank you all

P.s. you guys are right @ matt2298 I "Googled" it before I posted my last post lol. I don't believe in taking up your guys time if i haven't done some research on my own. That's just being lazy.

eko3484

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Lol Thanks for the help. I'm using the CyanogenMod Thunderc rom (I think thats what it's called) and I'm not able to update the PRL through the settings. I absolutely do not enjoy using the Googlevoice app haha but oh well. BTW is the googlevoice app the closest I can get to having the original voicemail? I've looked around and most of the other apps that look good say things about being members to be able to use their app.