Stuck at White HTC Screen

jwp1223

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Well it didn't work....I am still stuck at the HTC loading screen (White)...so I'm going to reflash again....(don't know if I am even doing it right honestly).

jwp1223

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Just reflashed it, nothing, goes straight to white HTC screen....So I am going to get a GB Stock and try to go back to locked and stock recovery (probably lose root, but at this moment, don't care)...then get the OTA.

Does ANYONE know the steps to get locked and get stock recovery and does ANYONE have a backup for stock recovery?

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
If your not locked, this is why it fails. You gotta be locked before you ruu. It will run twice, and you will have to unlock and reflash a custom recovery, if your so inclined after it's done.

jwp1223

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Not on my work computer I have it on my laptop but it's at home and I won't be home for another 4 hours or so...I don't even know if I can get adb installed on here because I don't have admin rights...:-\

jwp1223

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
If your not locked, this is why it fails. You gotta be locked before you ruu. It will run twice, and you will have to unlock and reflash a custom recovery, if your so inclined after it's done.

So let me get this straight so I can understand this since I only get fragmented parts of what you mean...for me to do a ICS RUU, I have to be locked correct? Why do I need to reflash a custom recovery if I am going to ICS? This is where I am getting confused. If I go to ICS, I am done...screw this unlocking/rooting crap...

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Correct, if you want a bone stock ICS phone, just lock your phone like pizzadude says, then run the ruu, it should run twice. After the second, if I remember correctly, it will restart itself and load up for you. First boot may take up to 5 minutes, so be patient.

jwp1223

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Is there any other way to lock in case my work computer won't let me get the drivers installed? or I am out of luck until I get home?

mstraw9379

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded the file pizzadude put out. Went to HBOOT and here is what I got.
(See pics)

Still white screen. No idea what to do. Can someone walk me thru this. No phone today. Very frustrated.:mad:

OME6A

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded the file pizzadude put out. Went to HBOOT and here is what I got.
(See pics)

Still white screen. No idea what to do. Can someone walk me thru this. No phone today. Very frustrated.:mad:

This is where I'm at too. I'm going off of the full size RUU (599mb) and it doesn't pick it up in HBOOT. I tried selecting Recovery and that just goes to a screen with a phone with a red exclamation point over it.

relaxedfreezy

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I would need the link as well because I am to stuck at the HTC white screen

- - - Updated - - -

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

You'll have to give us more to go on. How'd you get stuck at white screen. This thread is almost a year old and while some info may still be relevant the links and files are out of date.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali