They finally fixed the missing vividness issue!

joker772

Oct 30, 2022
Visit site
Problem is, not that I use vivid, that I don't see much of a difference so I think if others have the same impression, the ones that prefer vivid will still complain
Same here! Was curious of it was just me or what. We have to give it a little while for people to play with it but honestly I'm not really impressed

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Problem is, not that I use vivid, that I don't see much of a difference so I think if others have the same impression, the ones that prefer vivid will still complain
I can clearly see a difference, and it's quite obvious if you use all of the sample images they include for reference when you adjust the slider from min to max.

Be honest, did you actually try it out or are you just part of "Camp Non-Vivid" and trying to antagonize anyone who complained before the update?

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes, there's a "difference" just as there was in prior versions. But the difference in day-to-day use is minimal at best. So all the complaining got Samsung to acquiesce and provide the fix. I hope everyone who wanted it is now happy. Otherwise I still wonder when we will get off of the July, 2023 Google Play System update???

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
I don't use vivid...never have. However, my eyes are sensitive in a way that I need a fairly dull/benign home screen wallpaper. My bride loves bright colors, and I can barely look at her phone for long. This is one of those areas where "to each his own." Obviously, there are a lot of people who prefer the vivid. Glad they got what they wanted. It certainly wasn't a major OS overhaul for Samsung. Good all the way around.

NikkieKoalaAd

Mar 2, 2018
Visit site
OK so I have done a bit of research and one thing I can recommend is don't go by the pictures on the setting screen it's not going to show a huge difference. Use some of your pictures in your gallery to judge it. Imho there is a difference but I kind of liked the display before
Yup totally agree. I could see a slight difference in the stock display but really saw the difference looking at the pictures in my gallery. The colors are popping out more.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Yes. But you can't use the Advanced settings when Eye comfort is enabled.
I saw that too, which I understand for adjusting purposes, but it triggered every time I wanted to play with adjustments via the slider although my eye comfort wasn't active at the same time.

My eye comfort is toggled on but set as a daily schedule starting in evenings and shuts off before I wake. Regardless, the phone still forced it to toggle off completely to adjust.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
isaacmause