Thought this was funny and interesting.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, they need to change it quite a bit. I can't even count how many new people I see calling it stale anymore.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.
I think most people would just be happy with a better way to toggle things, more aesthetically pleasing task switcher, more UI consistency and some other changes here and there, that's what all the iPhone owners I know seem to want.

Oh and they want the status bar icons I have too:p

Overall apples hardware is incredible and they just need to focus on iOS more.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Definitely not losing massive amounts but every day a decent number seem to move away from Apple in general, no bjust cause of the iPad. And again, price is hardly the only reason but that discussion has been done to death.

Not even decent amounts of people are leaving.
In fact most of my friends/family/peers have switched from old phones to the iPhone, iPad and some friends have gone from Windows to OSX(which btw rocks!)

I think the tech inclined people are the ones switching-not the average consumer.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I think most people would just be happy with a better way to toggle things, more aesthetically pleasing task switcher, more UI consistency and some other changes here and there, that's what all the iPhone owners I know seem to want.

Oh and they want the status bar icons I have too:p

Overall apples hardware is incredible and they just need to focus on iOS more.

I wouldn't know, haven't used iOS in a while. I think more freedom overall would be a big plus for iOS but then people might as well just get an Android. :p

Build quality is good, but with what people are saying about the One, that's another thing Apple have lost the top spot on.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Make better products?.......

Hasn't been their strategy for a little while now.

Something I find odd is that I've heard nothing about them doing anything with Macs anymore whereas several years ago they made a new model of that every year or less it seemed.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't know, haven't used iOS in a while. I think more freedom overall would be a big plus for iOS but then people might as well just get an Android. :p

Build quality is good, but with what people are saying about the One, that's another thing Apple have lost the top spot on.

Like in my previous post only "geeks" want the "freedom" Android provides.
My dad tried my Nexus and said argh it doesn't have this app and that app!

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Like in my previous post only "geeks" want the "freedom" Android provides.
My dad tried my Nexus and said argh it doesn't have this app and that app!

Clearly he didn't bother looking for the equivalent that Android will usually have. Doesn't seem like he gave it enough of a change IMO.

Also i don't find it overly geeky to wanna have at least a little freedom with your phone.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

Something I find odd is that I've heard nothing about them doing anything with Macs anymore whereas several years ago they made a new model of that every year or less it seemed.

They do, last December the New iMac came out and the MBP's are updated every June/July
The last OSX update I got was 1 week ago so the Macs are no where near dead.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Clearly he didn't bother looking for the equivalent that Android will usually have. Doesn't seem like he gave it enough of a change IMO.

Also i don't find it overly geeky to wanna have at least a little freedom with your phone.

There is certain soft ware that there simply is no alternative for on the play store.
And besides the soft that he did find he would have to pay for it again and he is not to happy about that.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Anything special about the new Mac?

It's got a fusion drive,what that is, is basically a hybrid SSD but(1TB 7200 rpm hard drive and 512GB SSD) it manages files by its self so you don't have to move files between the two hard drives.
Bench marks also show that Apples implementation of the hybrid is actually faster then other hybrids. It has something called power nap,which even with the screen off checks emails/twitter/ Facebook. It's far more useful on the Retina MacBook Pro since you can have the lid closed but still have notifications come through.

- - - Updated - - -

There are ways around that.

Something my Dad does not have time to find.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

Oh and I believe everything besides iPhone are awesome products( just my opinion)

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
It's got a fusion drive,what that is, is basically a hybrid SSD but(1TB 7200 rpm hard drive and 512GB SSD) it manages files by its self so you don't have to move files between the two hard drives.
Bench marks also show that Apples implementation of the hybrid is actually faster then other hybrids. It has something called power nap,which even with the screen off checks emails/twitter/ Facebook. It's far more useful on the Retina MacBook Pro since you can have the lid closed but still have notifications come through.

- - - Updated - - -

Something my Dad does not have time to find.

Different but nothing major IMO. Sounds kinda cool though.

And thankfully he doesn't have to since I can tell you. But if he prefers iOS overall then it might be redundant.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

And thankfully he doesn't have to since I can tell you. But if he prefers iOS overall then it might be redundant.

There is some stutter on my Nexus 4 and he does NOT like that.(after having 7 apps open it starts some slow down)

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
There is some stutter on my Nexus 4 and he does NOT like that.(after having 7 apps open it starts some slow down)

Well yeah when you push it, that's gonna happen to any device. Well except my Nexus 10, I seriously can't seem to even give the processor a challenge.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

Oh and now it has an IPS display with quad core i7 ivy bridge processors, Nvidia 680m, 8GB of RAM, better front facing camera,USB 3 and all at a price of CAD-$1320
Thats awesome.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte19