Thought this was funny and interesting.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Well yeah when you push it, that's gonna happen to any device. Well except my Nexus 10, I seriously can't seem to even give the processor a challenge.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.
Due to iOS's multitasking it can run as many apps as you like in a frozen state with no performance loss, I prefer Apples multitasking.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Due to iOS's multitasking it can run as many apps as you like in a frozen state with no performance loss, I prefer Apples multitasking.

I can't stand it, I don't even consider it multitasking personally. To me multitasking is doing multiple things at once (or doing multiple tasks if you will ;)) and what iOS does doesn't fall into the description.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
The iMac isn't a laptop. its a desktop and one of the first to use IPS
IPS-has really good viewing angles and reduces glare by 75 percent over standard displays.
Apple fails with iOS but not with Macs:p

Haha seems to be the only thing they can keep up with. :p

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I can't stand it, I don't even consider it multitasking personally. To me multitasking is doing multiple things at once (or doing multiple tasks if you will ;)) and what iOS does doesn't fall into the description.

IMHO the only advantage with Androids multitasking is page loading in the background, I don't care for "Proper" multitasking.

BTW its great that we are having a discussion where I haven't lost my cool yet:p

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
IMHO the only advantage with Androids multitasking is page loading in the background, I don't care for "Proper" multitasking.

BTW its great that we are having a discussion where I haven't lost my cool yet:p

Yeah well to each his own and all that crap. ;)

And yeah, seems like everyone around here is going nuts lately.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Keep up? They are wrecking all computer manufacturers IMHO.

It's good for those who need those little extra features you mentioned but for what the majority use a computer for, there's no real advantage of having a Mac over a PC anymore like there used to be a while back. I'll stick with a Windows computer anyday, for preference sake but my college has quite a few Macs so ill use one of them once in a while for giggles and they're ok to use but there are a few things I can't get use to. But again, preference and all that.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
It's good for those who need those little extra features you mentioned but for what the majority use a computer for, there's no real advantage of having a Mac over a PC anymore like there used to be a while back. I'll stick with a Windows computer anyday, for preference sake but my college has quite a few Macs so ill use one of them once in a while for giggles and they're ok to use but there are a few things I can't get use to. But again, preference and all that.

Speed is one thing, features are another- who doesn't want more features?:p (reference to Galaxy S4 thread)

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
The iPad mini begs to differ!
In my opinion there will always be a massive amount if people with iPads, quite honestly I see his predictions never coming true because those are his "dream"
People are very fickle. The fans of today will only stay loyal as long as they continue to get 3 things. 1. good value. 2. good quality and 3. New innovation. As soon you lose any one of these you stand to lose market share. BlackBerry is a perfect example of this. The once loyal legion of Crackberry users has now all but abandoned their beloved keyboard in favor of something new and more innovative. This may even be to an iPhone for the time being. But when you factor in that the new and innovative product costs a lot less and there are tons of options then it's pretty much a guaranteed outcome. Android just has too many bases covered with too many massive companies all waving the flag.

I believe Apple has one last shot with the iPhone 6 to show their loyal followers that they have something new up their sleeve. If they don't then I think Android will continue to beat them in all categories and Apple will have less market share than HTC within 4 years.

That is my opinion only 'if' they choose to continue with their same old OS. If they make a big change then it can be different. Let's hope Jonathan Ives can pull a rabbit out of his hat because the spin doctor is no longer available to pitch some hoe-hum technology and try to make it look like new technology.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I think most people would just be happy with a better way to toggle things, more aesthetically pleasing task switcher, more UI consistency and some other changes here and there, that's what all the iPhone owners I know seem to want.

Oh and they want the status bar icons I have too:p

Overall apples hardware is incredible and they just need to focus on iOS more.
Hardware is easier to duplicate. I'm always surprised when I hear reviewers say "the iPhone has such premium hardware" etc. As if every other phone is crap. The Nexus 4 and HTC One line are all in the same league in terms of hardware quality. Most people just put a case on their phone anyway so this whole discussion makes me bang my head.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Hasn't been their strategy for a little while now.

Something I find odd is that I've heard nothing about them doing anything with Macs anymore whereas several years ago they made a new model of that every year or less it seemed.

They just made a new one. Thinner. Pretty nice looking machine.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
It's got a fusion drive,what that is, is basically a hybrid SSD but(1TB 7200 rpm hard drive and 512GB SSD) it manages files by its self so you don't have to move files between the two hard drives.
Bench marks also show that Apples implementation of the hybrid is actually faster then other hybrids. It has something called power nap,which even with the screen off checks emails/twitter/ Facebook. It's far more useful on the Retina MacBook Pro since you can have the lid closed but still have notifications come through.

- - - Updated - - -

Something my Dad does not have time to find.

The only issue I have with Macs is that they are too expensive. I just bought a top of the line Dell with the same type of SSD but with 2TB drive, 16gb of ram and an i7 chip and it was only $1100. Pretty much 40% less. Plus it was a tower not an all in one. I don't know many people that buy the desktop Mac pros anymore. I run a graphic design company and my PCs can easily compete with the Macs in any department now. It was different 10 years ago, but hardware has superseded software now so the computers are all fast.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
The iMac isn't a laptop. its a desktop and one of the first to use IPS
IPS-has really good viewing angles and reduces glare by 75 percent over standard displays.
Apple fails with iOS but not with Macs:p
The Apple monitors are gorgeous. But still too expensive imo.

Multi tasking on my PC kills the Mac. I've done tests. Convert a DVD while printing while opening a 250mb photoshop file with a browser open with 10 tabs. Not even a slow down. The Mac chokes.

Granted the PC is newer and has more ram and better specs, but it also costs $1000 less than I paid for the Mac. If they cost more they should last longer and still perform. They do last longer but not long enough.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

Multi tasking on my PC kills the Mac. I've done tests. Convert a DVD while printing while opening a 250mb photoshop file with a browser open with 10 tabs. Not even a slow down. The Mac chokes.

Granted the PC is newer and has more ram and better specs, but it also costs $1000 less than I paid for the Mac. If they cost more they should last longer and still perform. They do last longer but not long enough.

2 years and my MacBook shows no slow down, I will post more points to refute After I'm on my awesome MacBook:p

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
2 years and my MacBook shows no slow down, I will post more points to refute After I'm on my awesome MacBook:p
I have a 2 year old PC that still runs great too. My point isn't that the Mac is bad, just that they are over priced. You can buy 2 Dell Ultra books for the price of a Mac book pro. Over time the MBP won't keep up. It's okay if you want to pay the extra for that but I don't feel it's worth it.

Edit: sorry I said "My point isn't that the Mac is bad" but I meant "isn't" bad.

Last edited:

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

The 5-year old MacBook I'm using needs to be replaced. It lags even when I only have Chrome (10 tabs), Skype, and Activity Monitor running.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte19