Verizon Galaxy Nexus: Any way to force 4.2.2 update?

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: Anyway to force 4.2.2 update?

I tried the force again this afternoon, and still got nothing. Maybe I'll try it again a few more times tonight.
Hit the recent task button and close all open apps. Then clear data and force stop google services framework. Then check for system updates.

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site

I haven't got the update yet either I tried clearing the Google Framework multiple times and no luck.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

dmlowery41

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site

Hit the recent task button and close all open apps. Then clear data and force stop google services framework. Then check for system updates.
I gave this a try this morning but it still didn't work. The waiting continues.

Update: I tried this trick again today, and it worked! On the first try too. I went into the settings so I was looking at the Google Services Framework and closed all open apps from there. Then I cleared data and force stopped, checked for updates and it was there! It's installing now and I can't wait for Photo Sphere!

Last edited:

Iceycold

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

I tried the procedure on the first page 3 times and on the third try it worked :). Instead though, I force stopped not disable. But on the third try, I did clear data, THEN disable then re-enable clear data again then force stop. Lol, figured doing all that would give me the update and it did.

Rob220

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

I used this method and it worked for me on the first try.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Limousine12

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site

does this works for Samsung S3?
tried the disable Google service framework and then check updates, but always got message from ATnT - there is a new update available :(

tom_i535

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Clearing data & force-stopping Google Framework Services didn't change last update check date on my Verizon SGS3, even after restarting device. Guess I will try removing battery & simple card after cleaning data/force-stopping Google Framework Services. Will update this reply if this works.

adeel gulyani

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site

please tell more about this ................... android 4.2 is not update on my samsung galaxy young s 6312, how to update samsung galaxy young s 6312
:(:(:(:(:(

akb-2014

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site

I did the FORCE STOP and then went back to settings and check the ABOUT PHONE. I can't find UPDATE option, gave it a 50 try...please help

akb-2014

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site

hello "bikedogrum" , I am not getting the "System updates" in "About Phone" did you have it already or you got it after force stop...