Why does my Samsung A32 5G not have LTE?

hollyk1983

Feb 28, 2022
Visit site
This phone is less than a year old. After the 3G shutdown last week, I couldn't make or receive calls. I'm on Consumer Cellular. When I reset network settings, I could call but then I could not send pics via text messaging. After changing the APN settings according to the CC website instructions I could then send/receive pics but not make/receive calls. Via chat CC told me my phone must not have VoLTE. But everything I read says my phone should have it and is compatible. I don't see VoLTE as an option in settings, but I don't understand why. Any help? TY.

I guess my real question is how do I know if my phone has VoLTE? Again, VoLTE does not show up in Setting under Mobile Networks. And if it's not there, do I really have to buy a new phone for everything to work appropriately?

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It's not just that the phone has to support VoLTE -- it has to support VoLTE on that particular carrier. I think I've seen posts before about this issue on Consumer Cellular, and it's hard to determine which phones that are not directly sold by Consumer Cellular are compatible. You can try this site and enter your IMEI: https://www.consumercellular.com/shopping/details/sim/details. If it tells you that the phone is incompatible, then you'd just have to get a new phone that is compatible.

hollyk1983

Feb 28, 2022
Visit site
Thank you for that information! I put my IMEI # there, and it says my phone IS compatible with their service. But clearly there is an issue. Any other suggestions?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is this an unlocked A32 5G directly from Samsung, or was it originally from some other carrier? The annoying thing about carrier-specific variants is that the system menus might differ slightly, so trying to find the correct menu option may depend on that.

hollyk1983

Feb 28, 2022
Visit site
It is an unlocked GSM A32 5G that was purchased new online, not directly from Samsung. It did not indicate that it was from another carrier, but when I turn it on, it shows Cricket and their logo.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That might be part of the problem -- since it was originally from Cricket, there might be something with that phone's specific firmware that makes it incompatible with Consumer Cellular. Maybe flashing a different variant's firmware might help, but @mustang7757 would be able to help more with that.

hollyk1983

Feb 28, 2022
Visit site
So is Cricket incompatible with CC? Any way to make it work other than buying a new phone to stay with CC or I guess switching to Cricket??