What's Next?

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
We are just may several weeks possibly having are third Nexus device from Google.
Who is next and why?

Google's format with Nexus phones seems the company with the most buzz, latest and most innovative tech gets the honors of creating Nexus Phone.

HTC
-1ghz processors
-Building high quality cellphones
-Sense UI

Samsung
-Ever evolving AMOLED screen technology
-Popularity and growth with the Galaxy plus Galaxy Tabs line up.
-Samsung Single/Dual-Core tech
- Touch wiz becoming overnight very impressive UI.

Those what does Motorola have offer?

HTC has rumored quad core snapdragon processors coming out next year and probably be first to have them in phones They also are partnered with beats audio which all this could argue that they may be coveted for Nexus project again. Though of late Samsung is looking to be a popular fit for Nexus. Furthermore you could argue that they can stop with Samsung and never leave. Though that would go against Google's idea of the Nexus phone.

What does LG, and Sony really have to offer?

RoninX

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I bet Motorola will get it. Google says they won't give Moto an unfair advantage, but given that HTC and Samsung have already had the chance to build Nexus phones, it hardly seems unfair to give Moto a shot.

In my opinion, Motorola's advantages are:
- Experience building LTE phones
- Experience building dual-core phones
- The first to build a dual-core LTE phone
- Build quality
- Sound quality
- Reception
- Industrial design
- Experience building pure vanilla Android devices (OGD and Xoom)

Hearthatvoiceagain

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
As I understand it the process is this. Around Xmas Google takes bids from all interested manufactures, these will detail what they expect to have in hardware by Q4 the following year. Google chooses from these then works with the manufacturer to ensure an good fit between hardware and sortware.

So, the choice of Manufacturer shouldn't have anything to do with who's turn it is or who's done it already, it's going to be "who's working on the most Kickass hardware. Samsung has a clear advantage in this field as they make chips rather than just using other peoples, so they have a design lead over others.

legendary1022

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
it pretty much comes down to who can manufacture the best phone. Seeing as Samsung does everything on there phones, they have had the leg up the past two versions. I wouldn't be surprised to see it go to someone else next year, with Motorola already having a webtop capabilities. I can see Google deciding to finally build in Chrome to android by then, and with quad-core processors coming out soon, may be the perfect time to have Chrome OS webtop capabilities in andriod. Microsoft is already headed in that direction with Windows 8 running on ARM. Why not Google?

Owner of nGame, Social Network for Sports, sent on my G2

pmugghc

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
You could argue Motorola had the honors with the Xoom tablet, altough it didn't use the Nexus name. Each year we could see 2 leading devices. So who will have the first tablet with ICS? black_man_x has hinted at Motorola.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I doubt Moto will get it, otherwise Google will be seen as favouring "their" company.
True but if it's true that Moto has great tech coming out next year that will negate that issue. I mean Eric Schmidt is the one boasting Moto has "big things coming next year". Now HTC with having beats, and S4 might edge them for next Google phone but barely just because we not see anything else new from anyone else....yet? Yet being the key word.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I bet Motorola will get it. Google says they won't give Moto an unfair advantage, but given that HTC and Samsung have already had the chance to build Nexus phones, it hardly seems unfair to give Moto a shot.

In my opinion, Motorola's advantages are:
- Experience building LTE phones
- Experience building dual-core phones
- The first to build a dual-core LTE phone
- Build quality
- Sound quality
- Reception
- Industrial design
- Experience building pure vanilla Android devices (OGD and Xoom)
-Experience in building LTE so does everyone else.(HTC,LG,Samsung)
(Experience building dual-core phones...first( Samsung so far as been best at dual-core processors then HTC in second)
-First to build a dual-core lte phone is only as nice as being first not much else.
-Sound,Reception,Industrial design is just personal preference. None of which really stand out.
-Experience building pure vanilla Android devices.(HTC GI, NEXUS,Touch, G2) Samsung(Nexus S, Prime) LG( G2x or whatever) So basically everybody in running has experience with pure Google.

Moto just right now has nothing but word of Eric Schmidt that they have something coming next year. Which could be just the first 2.4 Tablet.

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I wish Samsung would get it every year. I don't want a Nexus with a crap screen.... This Nexus coming up might be a phone I actually keep for more than a year if it isn't Samsung again.

Not only that, Samsung is making the prettier phones out of HTC and Motorola.

Last edited:

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I still prefer Motorola and HTC's build quality to Samsung, but I have to admit that Samsung has really leveraged their manufacturing prowess to put out some cutting-ege stuff. And I haven't seen any complaints about the longevity of the SII so far (the first Galaxy were nice phones stuffed inside cheap plastic bodies), so if this Nexus is a home run I'm all in.

I was wondering if LG wouldn't get a shot at the Nexus action, but they still seem to be playing catchup. Who knows, if Sony buys out Erickson they can make some fancy new Nexus stuff. I still think it makes the most sense to spread the love around (and not to Motorolla...at least not that fast).

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Closest company to Apple in terms a sales i believe is Samsung now. Samsung has made huge improvements this year and will continue growing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress