Galaxy Nexus Shipped To Verizon

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
black_man_x The Panda King
@
@LeathermanGX NOOO.. actually I am a google lackey.. I dont care what carrier you buy it on.. but they will have in the US first..

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Who cares if google upsets their partners for marketing this phone. Where are those carriers gonna run to? It's not like they can license iOS. They are stuck with Android because its FREE FREE FREEEEEEEEEEE.

Google should be promoting their standard first and all those loser phones second.

Free from Google. Manufacturers pay fees to Microsoft to use Android, lol. It doesn't matter anyway, Google won't markets the phone because its still a dev phone to them. If they market it, what's in it for them? Samsung sells more phones. It makes no difference to Google.

rayj2B

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Maybe Santa will deliver on the 25th of December. I'll bet the GN doesn't show in stores until early 2012.
Just too many phones releasing this close together. All from different manufacturers so I'm hoping that I'm wrong and Friday is a Good Friday for all.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Maybe Santa will deliver on the 25th of December. I'll bet the GN doesn't show in stores until early 2012.
Just too many phones releasing this close together. All from different manufacturers so I'm hoping that I'm wrong and Friday is a Good Friday for all.

Verizon said they were going to release like a new phone every week for the rest of the year so your point is moot.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Yep, I had the same experience in the mall the other day. The Rep said, "the Nexus won't hold a candle to the RAZR". I kindly advised him to do some homework on the Nexus :)
Training materials haven't helped a sales associates, yet. Why start now? Anytime I go in a store, the second I hear someone say "What can I help you with, today". I giggle like a schoolgirl thinking, "You sure can, see that person over there, go help them".

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Training materials haven't helped a sales associates, yet. Why start now? Anytime I go in a store, the second I hear someone say "What can I help you with, today". I giggle like a schoolgirl thinking, "You sure can, see that person over there, go help them".

I agree. I usually say I am just looking so they leave me alone until I am ready to check out.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I would love to believe this, and have been scouring for any good news. I've looked at this one from all angles, and still don't see it. Did I miss something that makes y'all believe that "On Order" = "Shipped"?

Supposedly I remember reading somewhere they verified it with store managers and their sources that they were shipped. Not to mention Phil said this wasn't all of their stock.

leggy

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I would love to believe this, and have been scouring for any good news. I've looked at this one from all angles, and still don't see it. Did I miss something that makes y'all believe that "On Order" = "Shipped"?

I agree with you. If the screen belongs to Samsung and it is true, current, and all data/input cells/fields get filled properly then it means that particular Samsung warehouse ordered 120400 units but they do not have it in stock yet. How long it takes to have any quantity on hand and how long it takes for allocation and shipping is unknown.
My personal guess is, we won't be able to receive the phone (not pre-order) before December 2011 if not close to middle December.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I agree with you. If the screen belongs to Samsung and it is true, current, and all data/input cells/fields get filled properly then it means that particular Samsung warehouse ordered 120400 units but they do not have it in stock yet. How long it takes to have any quantity on hand and how long it takes for allocation and shipping is unknown.
My personal guess is, we won't be able to receive the phone (not pre-order) before December 2011 if not close to middle December.

We have enough guessing to last us a lifetime, so no sense in adding more.

Fact is no one know what this screen means. Context means everything; without it this image is meaningless

kath00

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I bet they were shipped overnight.

Last month when the Bionic was released, the Costcos near me were getting them fed ex overnight. They would arrive at 11, manager would unbox (in front of me), get checked in to their inventory in about 20 seconds, handed one to me and I was out the door with my new phone within 20 minutes.

I don't see where this December guess is coming from! I bet the phones hit the stores tomorrow and they sell Friday. Why not? Katherine

wugawug

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I bet they were shipped overnight.

Last month when the Bionic was released, the Costcos near me were getting them fed ex overnight. They would arrive at 11, manager would unbox (in front of me), get checked in to their inventory in about 20 seconds, handed one to me and I was out the door with my new phone within 20 minutes.

I don't see where this December guess is coming from! I bet the phones hit the stores tomorrow and they sell Friday. Why not? Katherine

The local Verizon thrid party here in my section Ohio didn't get their razrs until noon on the 11th from fed ex eledigidy to keep them from selling them early. Myself and my roommate were there pestering about the gnex when they arrived. Verizons timing is the worst with everything. Also that same store had bionic accessories in febuary so much can still be on the table. Nothing is legit until its in your hand or at least in the stores.

But I side with you. with how sneaky some of them in their stores have been acting over the last week or two, really makes me believe they are just sitting on them in some/most places.

Last edited:

Deltaechoe

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site

you are under the assumption that verizon orders shipping that is as slow as ordering obscure chinese knockoff w/e from hong kong that takes 2 weeks to even make it past customs. I can assure you that corporate shipping does not take as long as that, the hard part is over and now we're getting close to the release.

Mooondog

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
you are under the assumption that verizon orders shipping that is as slow as ordering obscure chinese knockoff w/e from hong kong that takes 2 weeks to even make it past customs. I can assure you that corporate shipping does not take as long as that, the hard part is over and now we're getting close to the release.

I am in the logistics business and from factory door in China to delivery to a distribution center in the US, you are talking 2-3 days if they ship air freight and that includes Customs. This is my experience with another mobile phone maker.

Reactions: ohiomoto and kath00

Deltaechoe

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I am in the logistics business and from factory door in China to delivery to a distribution center in the US, you are talking 2-3 days if they ship air freight and that includes Customs. This is my experience with another mobile phone maker.

I wasnt talking about business class, I was talking about domestic shipping. Just using the example to emphasize the difference between ordering something for personal use and business logistics

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emii