Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 76 to 100 of 100
Like Tree58Likes
  1. #76  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kath00 View Post
    I bet they were shipped overnight.

    Last month when the Bionic was released, the Costcos near me were getting them fed ex overnight. They would arrive at 11, manager would unbox (in front of me), get checked in to their inventory in about 20 seconds, handed one to me and I was out the door with my new phone within 20 minutes.

    I don't see where this December guess is coming from! I bet the phones hit the stores tomorrow and they sell Friday. Why not? Katherine
    The local Verizon thrid party here in my section Ohio didn't get their razrs until noon on the 11th from fed ex eledigidy to keep them from selling them early. Myself and my roommate were there pestering about the gnex when they arrived. Verizons timing is the worst with everything. Also that same store had bionic accessories in febuary so much can still be on the table. Nothing is legit until its in your hand or at least in the stores.

    But I side with you. with how sneaky some of them in their stores have been acting over the last week or two, really makes me believe they are just sitting on them in some/most places.
    Last edited by wugawug; 11-15-2011 at 11:05 PM.
  2. #77  
    Deltaechoe's Avatar

    Posts
    102 Posts
    ROM
    Rooted odexed 4.0.2

    Default Re: Galaxy Nexus Shipped To Verizon

    Quote Originally Posted by leggy View Post
    I agree with you. If the screen belongs to Samsung and it is true, current, and all data/input cells/fields get filled properly then it means that particular Samsung warehouse ordered 120400 units but they do not have it in stock yet. How long it takes to have any quantity on hand and how long it takes for allocation and shipping is unknown.
    My personal guess is, we won't be able to receive the phone (not pre-order) before December 2011 if not close to middle December.
    you are under the assumption that verizon orders shipping that is as slow as ordering obscure chinese knockoff w/e from hong kong that takes 2 weeks to even make it past customs. I can assure you that corporate shipping does not take as long as that, the hard part is over and now we're getting close to the release.
  3. #78  
    ManBearPig618's Avatar

    Posts
    1,156 Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean

    Default Re: Galaxy Nexus Shipped To Verizon

    I dislike the recent influx of 8-total-posts Negative Nancies and Debbie Downers insisting on mid-December release dates. You guys are buzz kills bringing down the positive vibe. That is all.
    Thanked by 3:
    FishPharm, ohiomoto and mebaker like this.
  4. #79  
    Mooondog's Avatar

    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

    Default Re: Galaxy Nexus Shipped To Verizon

    Quote Originally Posted by Deltaechoe View Post
    you are under the assumption that verizon orders shipping that is as slow as ordering obscure chinese knockoff w/e from hong kong that takes 2 weeks to even make it past customs. I can assure you that corporate shipping does not take as long as that, the hard part is over and now we're getting close to the release.
    I am in the logistics business and from factory door in China to delivery to a distribution center in the US, you are talking 2-3 days if they ship air freight and that includes Customs. This is my experience with another mobile phone maker.
    Thanked by 2:
  5. #80  
    Deltaechoe's Avatar

    Posts
    102 Posts
    ROM
    Rooted odexed 4.0.2

    Default Re: Galaxy Nexus Shipped To Verizon

    Quote Originally Posted by Mooondog View Post
    I am in the logistics business and from factory door in China to delivery to a distribution center in the US, you are talking 2-3 days if they ship air freight and that includes Customs. This is my experience with another mobile phone maker.
    I wasnt talking about business class, I was talking about domestic shipping. Just using the example to emphasize the difference between ordering something for personal use and business logistics
  6. #81  

    Default Re: Galaxy Nexus Shipped To Verizon

    Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig618 View Post
    I dislike the recent influx of 8-total-posts Negative Nancies and Debbie Downers insisting on mid-December release dates. You guys are buzz kills bringing down the positive vibe. That is all.
    They're becoming the "brown acid", of Woodstock '69, in the VGN forum. Avoid them, they'll just harsh your buzz, man.
    ohiomoto likes this.
  7. #82  

    Default Re: Galaxy Nexus Shipped To Verizon

    My estimation is based on announcement/preorder date for Nov 18 or early next week and add to it another week for actual availability (like Droid Razr) so you have it on or around December.

    I am like many of you waiting for the phone to be available to replace my Droid X but I am trying to be practical based on past experience with Verizon and what we are seeing in reality so far.
  8. #83  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by humpagardengnome View Post
    They're becoming the "brown acid", of Woodstock '69, in the VGN forum. Avoid them, they'll just harsh your buzz, man.
    LOLZ, spilled some coffee with that one.

    At the risk of being a buzzkill them Dec rumors could be true. What's the definition of 'rumor'?

    Sent from my SCH-I510
  9. #84  
    mysterx's Avatar

    Posts
    147 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Galaxy Nexus Shipped To Verizon

    All this guessing...and nobody really knows anything. Sad really. In fact, the only thing we do know is that only !!!

    [insert dramatic climax music]

    -me
    ohiomoto likes this.
  10. #85  
    oxymoron's Avatar
    It's been real...

    Posts
    1,428 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leggy View Post
    My estimation is based on announcement/preorder date for Nov 18 or early next week and add to it another week for actual availability (like Droid Razr) so you have it on or around December.

    I am like many of you waiting for the phone to be available to replace my Droid X...
    If you're into flashing ROMs, check out SSX2.2 by ChevyNo1. It's Cyanogen based 2.3.7 with enhancements. Best ROM I've had on my DX. It will make the wait for the Nexus easier.


    Sorry mods, for going off topic.

    Carry on.


    *customized tapatalk signature*
  11. #86  
    dlcullen's Avatar

    Posts
    307 Posts
    ROM
    CM7 92611Ntly / CM 7.0.3

    Default Re: Galaxy Nexus Shipped To Verizon

    Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig618 View Post
    I dislike the recent influx of 8-total-posts Negative Nancies and Debbie Downers insisting on mid-December release dates. You guys are buzz kills bringing down the positive vibe. That is all.
    Debbie Downers??? Debbie Downers??? LOL I take offence, I am a Debbie and I am definitely not a downer!

    nor do I "do" Dallas ;-)
    kharrigan likes this.
  12. #87  

    Default Re: Galaxy Nexus Shipped To Verizon

    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoron View Post
    If you're into flashing ROMs, check out SSX2.2 by ChevyNo1. It's Cyanogen based 2.3.7 with enhancements. Best ROM I've had on my DX. It will make the wait for the Nexus easier.


    Sorry mods, for going off topic.

    Carry on.


    *customized tapatalk signature*
    I've heard if you are on Gingerbread pushed by Motorola for the DX that you are locked out from rooting and putting on a new ROM. Do you know if that is incorrect? If so I might just hold off on Nexus if I can get an ICS ROM working on my DX in the next few months. Then buy my nexus once my full 20 months are up and the phone has dropped 100-200 in price.
  13. #88  

    Default Re: Galaxy Nexus Shipped To Verizon

    Quote Originally Posted by dapercy View Post
    I've heard if you are on Gingerbread pushed by Motorola for the DX that you are locked out from rooting and putting on a new ROM. Do you know if that is incorrect? If so I might just hold off on Nexus if I can get an ICS ROM working on my DX in the next few months. Then buy my nexus once my full 20 months are up and the phone has dropped 100-200 in price.
    The latest root works with moto phones that have gb so you should still be able to root.
  14. #89  

    Default Re: Galaxy Nexus Shipped To Verizon

    definitely root-able so far.... as far as I know. the Razr was rooted before the first sold if that says anything.
    Android, not only an OS.... Its an Obsession!
  15. #90  

    Default Re: Galaxy Nexus Shipped To Verizon

    looks like my post (on page 7) about that launch party at Phones4U in the UK is definitely for real and happening. lucky UK'ers. i can't believe they're gonna be the first to lay hands on a Galaxy Nexus over the rest of the world. I really hope tomorrow we get some huge release news for the US/Verizon.

    http://www.androidcentral.com/galaxy...orrow-phones4u
  16. #91  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Premium1 View Post
    The latest root works with moto phones that have gb so you should still be able to root.
    Outstanding, thanks. I'm going to be reading up on that and if an ICS rom comes out for droid x Will probably forego purchase until I'm eligible for a 2yr upgrade. At which time (July) I'll probably still buy Nexus, just for much less.
  17. #92  

    Default Re: Galaxy Nexus Shipped To Verizon

    So, I'm going to hazard a guess at November 28th (Time for a marketing campaign). Either that or they'll just push it out on the web with no talk at all.

    I signed up the galaxy nexus mailing list, they mailed me a Droid Razr ad. Verizon is evil.
  18. #93  

    Default Re: Galaxy Nexus Shipped To Verizon

    Quote Originally Posted by Somethingsfishy View Post
    So, I'm going to hazard a guess at November 28th (Time for a marketing campaign). Either that or they'll just push it out on the web with no talk at all.

    I signed up the galaxy nexus mailing list, they mailed me a Droid Razr ad. Verizon is evil.
    uhmm.. where did you sign up for this? I signed up for a nexus mailing list.. through google directly..
  19. #94  

    Default Re: Galaxy Nexus Shipped To Verizon

    Quote Originally Posted by philly View Post
    uhmm.. where did you sign up for this? I signed up for a nexus mailing list.. through google directly..
    Verizon had their own sign-up form as well. The only e-mail I've received from it to date is the RAZR ad
    Scottish, everyone's favorite piece of ish
  20. #95  

    Default Re: Galaxy Nexus Shipped To Verizon

    Quote Originally Posted by Somethingsfishy View Post
    So, I'm going to hazard a guess at November 28th (Time for a marketing campaign). Either that or they'll just push it out on the web with no talk at all.

    I signed up the galaxy nexus mailing list, they mailed me a Droid Razr ad. Verizon is evil.
    Seriously, we need to find someone at Verizon's media agency (Zenith Media?) to slip us some info.. Maybe we hit Linkedin to find someone? Someone there should have the media flight schedule and trafficking info for any Galaxy Nexus TV spots in their possession right now. These things aren't planned at the last minute. Someone has that flow chart sitting on their desk right now - and they know when the campaign is scheduled to launch.
  21. #96  
    crzycrkr's Avatar

    Posts
    1,516 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by memillh View Post
    Seriously, we need to find someone at Verizon's media agency (Zenith Media?) to slip us some info.. Maybe we hit Linkedin to find someone? Someone there should have the media flight schedule and trafficking info for any Galaxy Nexus TV spots in their possession right now. These things aren't planned at the last minute. Someone has that flow chart sitting on their desk right now - and they know when the campaign is scheduled to launch.
    Still a little confused as to why you guys think there is going to be done big marketing push from Verizon. I still find it much more likely that they release it nice and quietly. I don't see what's in it for them to advertise Google's dev phone when Google doesn't even seem interested in advertising it.
  22. #97  

    Default Re: Galaxy Nexus Shipped To Verizon

    Quote Originally Posted by crzycrkr View Post
    Still a little confused as to why you guys think there is going to be done big marketing push from Verizon. I still find it much more likely that they release it nice and quietly. I don't see what's in it for them to advertise Google's dev phone when Google doesn't even seem interested in advertising it.
    Google advertises on the web as they always have. May not be the most efficient way, but it is what is. I see Verizon advertising, just not to a huge extent. Its hard to advertise a phone with the latest and greatest while trying to sell phones that wont have the update for months.
  23. #98  

    Default

    I haven't even seen an official promotion from VZW on the Rezound.... So im thinking the Gnex will follow suit. Its not a "Droid"... thats ok though... the less people that know about it initially the more there are for us to get! Lol

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    Android, not only an OS.... Its an Obsession!
  24. #99  
    crzycrkr's Avatar

    Posts
    1,516 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kvlt View Post
    Google advertises on the web as they always have. May not be the most efficient way, but it is what is. I see Verizon advertising, just not to a huge extent. Its hard to advertise a phone with the latest and greatest while trying to sell phones that wont have the update for months.
    I'm not saying Google is t advertising at all, but they are in no way pushing it. I haven't seen anything about the GN outside of tech sites and the occasional news article. That's exactly my point about Verizon l, why would they advertise it, it conflicts with the Droid brand.
  25. #100  

    Default Re: Galaxy Nexus Shipped To Verizon

    Quote Originally Posted by philly View Post
    uhmm.. where did you sign up for this? I signed up for a nexus mailing list.. through google directly..
    Droid > Droid X > Droid Incredible 2 > Droid > Galaxy Nexus
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

B