Got it activated at Best Buy, but didn't get to leave with it

andynmaz

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I went to the best buy in Paradise Valley, AZ like another member suggested. They had not recieved the memo and thought it was launch day. They got me all signed up and got the phone all set up and activiated. All of their phone employees were crowded around to see it. Let me tell you after just getting a little bit of time with it, it is as amazing as I hoped it would be. They were doing the final steps and authenticating and it was loading all of my apps and data. Tried to place a call on it and it wouldn't work. The data was working just fine but no luck with the phone. So finally reluctantly I had to let them call Verizon to see what the issue was.....they had to undo the entire thing. They felt horrible but I did at least get a piece of information you might or might not want to know the Verizon person they had me talk to appologized for the issue and told me the phone wasn't to be sold yet for this very issue. There is a bug in the software they are still having problems with which google is still trying to fix. They have sloted the phone to be released on the 15th as long as the issue is dealt with by then.

Getting to play with it for 20 mins just made me want it that much more but made me feel ok about waiting since it seems like it is definatly a problem as they said of Verizon's network and Google's software not playing nice togeather in the final version.

I know I am new to this and probably someone will come along and rip me but I just wanted to pass along this story from today to all of my fellow android members. Feel free to but thought you all would enjoy that info. So close!! :'(

andynmaz

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: So I walk in to best buy...

I knew most would be. I would be too, take it or not I wish I could have given proof. When I walked in I didn't think I really had a chance to get out the door with it then we basically had done everything...I thought I was in the clear and out the door. They were very clueless about the phone to say the least.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: So I walk in to best buy...

Tried to place a call on it and it wouldn't work. The data was working just fine but no luck with the phone. So finally reluctantly I had to let them call Verizon to see what the issue was.....they had to undo the entire thing. They felt horrible but I did at least get a piece of information you might or might not want to know the Verizon person they had me talk to appologized for the issue and told me the phone wasn't to be sold yet for this very issue.

It's funny that Verizon reps won't speculate about release dates, but they feel free to speculate about bugs. Does Verizon train people to throw anyone but Verizon under the bus?

scott5626

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I went to the best buy in Paradise Valley, AZ like another member suggested. They had not recieved the memo and thought it was launch day. They got me all signed up and got the phone all set up and activiated. All of their phone employees were crowded around to see it. Let me tell you after just getting a little bit of time with it, it is as amazing as I hoped it would be. They were doing the final steps and authenticating and it was loading all of my apps and data. Tried to place a call on it and it wouldn't work. The data was working just fine but no luck with the phone. So finally reluctantly I had to let them call Verizon to see what the issue was.....they had to undo the entire thing. They felt horrible but I did at least get a piece of information you might or might not want to know the Verizon person they had me talk to appologized for the issue and told me the phone wasn't to be sold yet for this very issue. There is a bug in the software they are still having problems with which google is still trying to fix. They have sloted the phone to be released on the 15th as long as the issue is dealt with by then.

Getting to play with it for 20 mins just made me want it that much more but made me feel ok about waiting since it seems like it is definatly a problem as they said of Verizon's network and Google's software not playing nice togeather in the final version.

I know I am new to this and probably someone will come along and rip me but I just wanted to pass along this story from today to all of my fellow android members. Feel free to but thought you all would enjoy that info. So close!! :'(

Sorry but his is completely false. (the part about the bug) I activated and went home with my Nexus. The 15th is the date I was told as well. I am not questioning the Best Buy part.

Reactions: Premium1

E.T.

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
This is a very sad, sad story. As long as data was working, I would have run out the store as soon as the credit card went through, haha. I would gone without phone calls for a few days and played with it over the weekend.

E.T.

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Sorry but his is completely false. (the part about the bug) I activated and went home with my Nexus. The 15th is the date I was told as well. I am not questioning the Best Buy part.

I wish people would take the time to make sure their writing makes sense. You dont believe him because you activated and went home with a nexus yourself? But you were also told the 15th is the date. Okaaaay.....

For what it's worth, I believe you, andynmaz.

andynmaz

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Damn lucky you, where did you go to get yours? Im just telling you what happened to me, I am no expert but I tried my best to get out with it. This is just a passing along of what was told to me which might or might not be true. I just thought people would want to hear. Kill me and tell me Im a liar all you want just trying to help like others who have helped me on here.

But damn that phone is I hoped for and more!

andynmaz

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
haha I tried to see if they would just let me take it and come back on the 15th. I wouldn't have minded being without my phone calls for a week!

scott5626

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I chose to return it to save the employees position. Sorry that wasn't clear.
Just to be clear I had absolutely no issues activating the Nexus.
I even made 3 calls on it. If you notice my screenshot, I have the voice mail indicator on the screen from the store that left me a message.

gnexus-sold-2.jpg

E.T.

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
haha I tried to see if they would just let me take it and come back on the 15th. I wouldn't have minded being without my phone calls for a week!

Out of sheer curiosity, had you already given them your money? Cuz that's the point I would have been gone. "Icanactivateitmyself...goinghomenow...Kthxbye!"

scott5626

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
The sku wouldn't ring up. The took my credit card info and was going to charge my card later that day. I only had the phone for 1/2 hour.

dlcullen

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
This is a very sad, sad story. As long as data was working, I would have run out the store as soon as the credit card went through, haha. I would gone without phone calls for a few days and played with it over the weekend.

me too!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo