Help with heyitslou and Google talk

honex97

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I just installed the heyitslou rom a few days ago and ever sense then my Google talk won't go online. It signs in but shows me as offline. Any ideas?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I have no history with that ROM but if nobody else is complaining try clearing data on the app. If that doesn't work, try removing the app either by uninstalling or from /system/app if it's part of the ROM. Then re-install it from the market.

jmorosky

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
You should be able to talk to heyitslou on twitter if nothing works. What do you think of the ROM so far? How's battery life?

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I can't reproduce this problem on Redemption ROM (that's the name of the ROM, HeyItsLou is the dev ;)), but I do wonder what type of account your trying to sign in with. I've heard of issues on various ROMs with Google Talk if the account is anything other than a normal GMail account.

honex97

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
You should be able to talk to heyitslou on twitter if nothing works. What do you think of the ROM so far? How's battery life?

I like it a lot so far its really really smooth but I have not noticed any better battery life yet but I'm a super heavy user. I have a 3600 mah extended battery and it usually needs a charge by 3 every day so someone else might notice a difference

Last edited:

honex97

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
So just to update every (thanks for all the help by the way) so I started using more stuff and I found a lot of stuff wasn't working like push notifications on any app. I couldn't log into some apps some apps I could log into wouldn't go online like Google talk so I guess something messed up while I was installing the from cause I whiped everything and reinstalled redemption from and now its perfect this from is so so so smooth. Well done heyitslou