IMM76Q software update imminent?

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Looks like someone over at XDA got pushed an update (a rather small one) that bumped their device up to IMM76Q.

It appears as though it is a test device since there are some letters above the speaker at the top, but this could be a sign of things to come.

Hopefully we get the JB update to fix the patent issue, and not just some Google Search quick fix and a delayed JB update. What do you all think?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Looks like someone over at XDA got pushed an update (a rather small one) that bumped their device up to IMM76Q.

It appears as though it is a test device since there are some letters above the speaker at the top, but this could be a sign of things to come.

Hopefully we get the JB update to fix the patent issue, and not just some Google Search quick fix and a delayed JB update. What do you all think?

At the supposed update size and with that build number I highly doubt it is anything other than what you just said--a Google Search quick fix.

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Assuming it is just the search fix, which seems to be a downgrade, all the more reason to be glad I am running a ROM and won't get the update.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
How does this affect us stock rooted users?

If you have a custom recovery you probably won't be able to install it. If you don't have one, meaning you have a stick recovery, you should be fine.

But depending on how it installs and what it actually is, you may be fine regardless.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
This is probably the update to change the way voice search works so as to lift the injunction on the sale of new Nexuses.

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
If you have a custom recovery you probably won't be able to install it. If you don't have one, meaning you have a stick recovery, you should be fine.

But depending on how it installs and what it actually is, you may be fine regardless.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

I used WugFresh's toolkit with perm root. Either way Im going to decline it.

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
If my phone is stock in every way will I have to option to decline it or will it just push it through?

It will force you to take it anyway... by annoying the doo doo out of you. Relentless reminders. You'll fold. I don't know anyone who has the will to withstand that for more than a week.

I don't know if OTA's are like they used to be, but they would sometimes download automatically, and just prompt you to install it... which you could delay for a while, but eventually you just give in, or root.

The latter is the path toward enlightenment ;)

*clever signature*

BaMaDuDe87

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
It will force you to take it anyway... by annoying the doo doo out of you. Relentless reminders. You'll fold. I don't know anyone who has the will to withstand that for more than a week.

I don't know if OTA's are like they used to be, but they would sometimes download automatically, and just prompt you to install it... which you could delay for a while, but eventually you just give in, or root.

The latter is the path toward enlightenment ;)

*clever signature*

I'll root eventually, just dont have the balls or a reliable computer to do it with at this time