camera light flashes then power cycles?

bubblezcasto

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
for the last few weeks my battery drains super fast even not using the phone. I used to be able to make it all day running fb and games etc. now I barely use it, then try to use it & the dang thing is already yellow in 2 hrs. aside from practically having to keep it plugged up lately my main issue is rather confusing to me.

I have seen it to it at least 4 times in the last 3 days.. my camera light flashes (when it wasn't even turned on) then the phone goes to white HTC screen and power cycles back on. Any suggestions?
I'm already at whits end & can not wait until contract with verizon is over so I can go with a different company (most likely Net10) since HTC and verizon both have been oh-so-great about getting us the update.. first it was HTC that screwed around, and now that verizon has it, they (IMO) have no intention of giving it to us. So I'm just trying to make this phone last another 2/3 months. any idea what can be causing this? :confused:

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
This is just a thought but have you left the phone plugged in overnight daily since you bought it? And has the battery dropped so low that the phone is forced to shutdown on it's own, often?

If yes to both, I have a strong feeling that your battery is just hit it's limit in recharge cycles and can't hold a strong charge anymore. As for the light flashing and it rebooting, that sounds like typical junky Thunderbolt behavior to me. Random reboots are not uncommon for that device, but what specifically is causing these for you I do not know.

bubblezcasto

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
i havent ried factory reset yet, but im going to in a few mins IF i can power it back up.

answering the second question.. lately i''ve had to leave it plugged up. even with shutting down apps phone would die overnight even not in use

bubblezcasto

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
its been about a week. after system restore its still randomly powering off.. not a dead battery.. the phone just freezes up then shows message "powering off" for no reason.. battery can be full life. My battery isnt dying as quickly now though.. so i feel it may have been one of the apps I had on it draining it super fast (not sure which).

however, I can not wait until my contract is up.. think i have about a week now.. cuz i will not buy another HTC phone again after this BS still waiting on updates that will never come is frustrating LOL

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87