Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

Default :( 4g activation problem

i just got a replacement TB today and got the phone activated and was able to make phone calls and text messages but the 4g and 3g network both is not working and i called verizon and they are troubleshooting this problem...

the verizon tech support mentioned they were having a lot of trouble with ppl doing it this past weekend so i am just wondering if anyone else have this problem with transferring your 4g sim card and not having it work on their new devices this past weekend..

Ok just shut off your phone and take out your battery . Then slide up the sim card slot and take out the sim card . Try to do this without touching the brass terminals on the card . Wait a minute put sim card back in throw in your battery and put battery cover back on . Make sure battery cover is fully on because it is part of the antenna . Then boot up your phone and all should be good . Let me know how it goes .
    Live Free or Die Tryin ..
    We Ride Together We Die Together , Bad Boys For Life ..

As said above, make sure your rear cover is on, I had issues activating because I had the rear cover off. Once I popped it on, 4G came alive.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

alright... i will get that a try when i get home from work since i dont have the phone on me right now... the rear cover was off so i am really hoping that the 4g will come back alive when i have the cover back on... thanks for the suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by willdogs View Post
    As said above, make sure your rear cover is on, I had issues activating because I had the rear cover off. Once I popped it on, 4G came alive.
    Ya, I second making sure the battery door is snapped inplace because the antennas are built into the battery door.

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Quote Originally Posted by droid747 View Post
    Ya, I second making sure the battery door is snapped inplace because the antennas are built into the battery door.
    Why are all these people using their phone without a battery door cover?

-Frank
    [HTC Thunderbolt 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]

So op did it work ?

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP M5

Just curios i had taken my sim card out one day and touched the brass on accident What will happen??
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FrankXS View Post
    Why are all these people using their phone without a battery door cover?

-Frank
    Lol - good question, but I did it too. I can't remember why I did it though

Not sure could leave a residue on the contacts and mess up conectivity.