First Force Close today and all my texts are gone...

P7M8

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I've had my T-Bolt since day one. It's rooted with no custom ROM or kernel. Today I had my first force close then noticed all my Handcent texts are gone. I even got the box asking what text app I wanted to use when I went to compose a text. My stock message app texts are gone as well.

Any ideas on what happened?

tomkern

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Same story here with a slight variation, all my texts disappeared out of my thunderbolt last Thursday.

no force closes on handcent and no random reboots.

I've been using handcent for over a year now first on the Dinc and now the on the Thunderbolt.

richardpandy

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
This is a KNOWN issue that I don't think Google is working on. I posted about this days ago as I think I was the first person to experience this with the Thunderbolt. This happened to me on my OG Droid, Droid X AND the Thunderbolt which means its an problem with the OS, not the phone. This will be the death of the relationship with myself and Android. Doesn't matter if you use Handcent or stock Messenger, it happens and its FRUSTRATING.

stearic

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Google says they are working on this issue, and yea, it's a known issue. Just almost ironic that it happened to all of us on the same day.

richardpandy

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
Google says they are working on this issue, and yea, it's a known issue. Just almost ironic that it happened to all of us on the same day.

Yeah but its been like 2 years and they can't find the problem? I'm usually optimistic but they seem to be dragging their feet big time on this.

roadkill87

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I fell your pain guys. My phone was having random reboots which stopped just as randomly as they started. Yesterday all my texts including my locked messages disappeared with no warning. I too am not running handicent(?). I talked to a Verizon rep today and he offered to switch out phones for me since it's under warranty and recommended getting a text message back up app. What are your thoughts folks on message back up apps? Anything that works against this issue? I didn't want to get a new phone because I have an invisible shield on the screen which was installed by Best Buy.