Time Changes Unexpectedly

d_schaefer

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
My wife is out of town and her LG g2 changed time on her last night and she was late for her meeting this morning. It was fine all day, but now that she's back at the hotel the time is off an hour again. She has auto time and auto time zone turned on.

Any idea what's going on?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Where is she? Is she near the border of a time zone? It's possible the phone is grabbing time zone information from a tower in the other time zone.

d_schaefer

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
She's in the northern suburbs of Detroit, no time zone border nearby.

I was thinking the time on the nearest cell tower was off, but certainly that would cause a lot of complaints and VZ would fix it pretty quickly. Not to mention no one else that she's traveling with has had issues.

WileECoyote79

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
She's in the northern suburbs of Detroit, no time zone border nearby.

I was thinking the time on the nearest cell tower was off, but certainly that would cause a lot of complaints and VZ would fix it pretty quickly. Not to mention no one else that she's traveling with has had issues.

Thats odd...were in the northwest suburbs of Detroit. But she has had the same issue at work and at home so i doubt its the tower since i have not had an issue with my phone. Hey small world...

d_schaefer

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Thats odd...were in the northwest suburbs of Detroit. But she has had the same issue at work and at home so i doubt its the tower since i have not had an issue with my phone. Hey small world...

Funny, she's in Livonia. It seems to only be in the hotel, the office is only about a mile away and it seems fine there.

WileECoyote79

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Funny, she's in Livonia. It seems to only be in the hotel, the office is only about a mile away and it seems fine there.

Whats even funnier is that I work in Livonia and my wife works in a Hotel in Birmingham. But I can say I have not had any issues when I am in Livonia. I am going to do a re-set on her phone tonight and see if that solves all her issues with the new android OS.

d_schaefer

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
... I am going to do a re-set on her phone tonight and see if that solves all her issues with the new android OS.

I was thinking of doing the same with hers. II never did a reset after the upgrade and she's has a couple of issues (the other is GPS is non-functional, seems to be common with the G2).

Is there a reset that isn't a full wipe or is she going to be back to an "as-new" configuration (lost installed apps, account settings, pictures, etc.)?

WileECoyote79

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I was thinking of doing the same with hers. II never did a reset after the upgrade and she's has a couple of issues (the other is GPS is non-functional, seems to be common with the G2).

Is there a reset that isn't a full wipe or is she going to be back to an "as-new" configuration (lost installed apps, account settings, pictures, etc.)?

I was planning on going back to as new. If im going to do it im going all the way. she has had nothing but problems so i think its best to wipe the whole darn thing and start over. Besides i have read some post that a full wipe was the only thing that worked. Plus she does not use the phone for much more than address, calendar and candy-crush so its not as big of a deal for us.

WileECoyote79

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Early reports are in and so far it looks like the re-set worked for the time issue. It did not fix some of the other issues but at least its a small victory...

dmproske

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Mine just did this. I'm down in Houston TX. Looked down after arriving at work and it was showing time 5 hours ahead. WTF. Did a restart and time is back to normal. I have been with Verizon since the original droid. Never had this happen before. Like most people I use my phones alarm everyday. Unacceptable if it happens again. Just something else to add to the new issues for the g2 I guess.

dcleveng

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I both have this issue, we are in EST and it always jumps ahead 4 hours to UTC. I ended up disabling the network time in settings which I don't like having to do, but at least this way I don't have to worry if I'm using an alarm and my phone time is off by 4 hours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty