Auto complete text not working now after system update

justjohn99

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I got a message to day for system update, i updated it and ever since then my auto complete text function has gone away. It suggests only last names from my contact list and not regular words. it also does not auto complete words or correct words like it did before. this is system wide and happening in every application from email to texting and anything with text input. I am using android keyboard ! What happened to my auto complete function??
My phone is only 2 1/2 months old, LG Optimus S on Sprint network. Model number LS670

lfgreatbear

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I have the exact same problem. Same phone too. I spent 1.5 hours on the phone with Sprint tech support and he said that there will probably be a firmware update "soon". In the meantime there's nothing he can do. And unless you're rooted - which I'm not - you can't go back to Froyo. Why mess with something that wasn't broke?

88KeysPlaya

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
My phone also. In the meantime, install Go Keyboard from the Android Market. I just got it today (it's free), and the auto-complete is working! Nice app too :)

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
My phone also. In the meantime, install Go Keyboard from the Android Market. I just got it today (it's free), and the auto-complete is working! Nice app too :)

Good move. The GO keyboard is great. Also GO SMS Pro, which is free. I'm using Swiftkey X, which is excellent. Check it out. Along with some of the other GO apps, especially Go Launcher EX. :D

SilverscreenVixen

May 1, 2012
Visit site
DUUUDES SAME HERE!!! It pisses me off! I installed the update unx noticed the same thing. It MUST be a glitch! :mad: how can you payfor something so expensive und get crap, ya' know?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87