Problem when charging Nexus 4 with lollipop...

meandow

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I don't know if I am the only one in this situation but when:
- I'm trying to charge my nexus 4
AND when
- my cellphone is locked

something weird is happening:
- my screen seems crazy
- my cellphone seems doesn't recharge

So, I can charge my cellphone when it is off or when I keep it unlocked (I let the automatic lock to 30min after "standby")
With Kitkat I could charge my phone with no problem... :(

Svenjs

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Same here with Nexus 4. Since I installed Lollipop, can't charge normally. When connecting the charger, it seems normal until the device locks itself after the preset delay. I can then hear very faint clicking sound coming from the speaker. If I try to turn on the screen at that moment while the charger is still connected, I get a strange blinking screen, the device is completely unusable until I disconnect the charger. When this problem occurs, the background image also revert to default. Thank's OP for the suggestion of putting the sleep delay to 30 minutes instead of the usual short delay, this way the device can remain usable for a while when charging.

So92uf

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Guys I had the same problem but someone told me to turn the language of the device on english (it was on french) and nos it works perfectly! Try it guys hope it helps!

CARLARMSTRONG

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Nexus 4

Thanks ! Switching to French (France) solved my problem. :)

I heard some providers here in Quebec are discouraging users to upgrade to lollipop because of this issue.

Device works fine now !

Juliana M

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem and saw the suggestions here and even though my phone was in English already, I decided to check anyway.

It was "English (Estados Unidos)" and a little above it, there was the option "English (United States)" ¬¬ I changed to the second one and the problem went away.

This is the second time I have a problem related to language. ¬¬ Will they ever learn?