How to Disable Battery fully charged notification?

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I found solution. Just slide charged notification to right or left and dissapear.
I hope I was helpful

That's what everyone is already doing to get rid of it. The problem is how to keep it from showing up in the first place. Many people are being woken up by the light in the middle of the night when it reaches full charge.

taaffee

May 7, 2015
Visit site
My Samsung devices have done this since 4.0. I have my screen time out at 15 seconds so it turns off. As far as the middle of the night.....I just have my phone face down and don't see the light go on for that 15 seconds

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
My Samsung devices have done this since 4.0. I have my screen time out at 15 seconds so it turns off. As far as the middle of the night.....I just have my phone face down and don't see the light go on for that 15 seconds

That's not what we're talking about either! In Lollipop, when the battery is fully charged, a white notification bar pops up at the top of the screen telling you to unplug the phone. It won't go away unless you either unplug the phone or swipe it away. That is what we're trying to keep from showing up.

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
That's not what we're talking about either! In Lollipop, when the battery is fully charged, a white notification bar pops up at the top of the screen telling you to unplug the phone. It won't go away unless you either unplug the phone or swipe it away. That is what we're trying to keep from showing up.

That is interesting, because I'm running Nexus 5 with Lollipop and I do not get any notification pop up telling to unplug the phone. Must be a Samsung thing only?

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
That is interesting, because I'm running Nexus 5 with Lollipop and I do not get any notification pop up telling to unplug the phone. Must be a Samsung thing only?

My brother has a Verizon Note 3 on Lollipop and he says he doesn't get it either. That tells me that if it is a Samsung thing, there must be a way to stop it for the other carriers.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
My wife's Nexus 5 started with 4.4, then 5.0, then 5.02, currently 5.1.

My Nexus 6 started with 5.0, then 5.02, currently 5.1.

Neither of these phones has s battery charged notification and I don't see any way to enable one even if I wanted to ( which I don't).

Posted via the Android Central App

theo_flach

May 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

Also found this new feature annoying. Found something on my Xperia Z3 - it's in Settings -> Accessibility -> Play sound when battery is full (uncheck)
Not the first place I would look (used Search within Settings), but hope this helps some of you.

Cheers...

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

Also found this new feature annoying. Found something on my Xperia Z3 - it's in Settings -> Accessibility -> Play sound when battery is full (uncheck)
Not the first place I would look (used Search within Settings), but hope this helps some of you.

Cheers...

Interesting. However, I don't see that choice in stock (Nexus 6) Android 5.1.

KJ78

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
That's what everyone is already doing to get rid of it. The problem is how to keep it from showing up in the first place. Many people are being woken up by the light in the middle of the night when it reaches full charge.

My solution is that I put my phone screen down when I go to bed. I do agree this is a pointless notification and should be able to be disabled without rooting.

Seems like L thinks it knows what we want and therefore choices are not given. If you like your notifications you can keep your notifications.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
My solution is that I put my phone screen down when I go to bed. I do agree this is a pointless notification and should be able to be disabled without rooting.

Seems like L thinks it knows what we want and therefore choices are not given. If you like your notifications you can keep your notifications.

This is clearly NOT a Lollipop issue as it does not affect the majority of users. There must be something else going on here...

[edit to add]

In this thread https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=153414 a developer states that he searched the entire Lollipop source code and was unable to find the "fully charged" text string, therefore it is not a stock Android notification. Looks like the blame should be properly placed on Samsung.

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
This is clearly NOT a Lollipop issue as it does not affect the majority of users. There must be something else going on here...

[edit to add]

In this thread https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=153414 a developer states that he searched the entire Lollipop source code and was unable to find the "fully charged" text string, therefore it is not a stock Android notification. Looks like the blame should be properly placed on Samsung.

In your link, two different users say they're getting the same notification on their LG G3's, so it's not just a Samsung issue. Here is a screenshot of the message that was posted there.

Attachments

• Battery fully charged. Unplug charger.jpg
    Battery fully charged. Unplug charger.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 14

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
In your link, two different users say they're getting the same notification on their LG G3's, so it's not just a Samsung issue. Here is a screenshot of the message that was posted there.

Agreed, but it still cannot be stock Lollipop for the simple reason that most of us don't see this notification. Me, for example, on multiple devices (Nexus 5, Nexus 6, and Nexus 7 2013).

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I would add, by the way, that nothing in the image posted above is stock Lollipop.

Not the clock, not the weather, not the battery charge state, not the alarm state, not the moon, and not the 32934 (whatever that is...)

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I would add, by the way, that nothing in the image posted above is stock Lollipop.

Not the clock, not the weather, not the battery charge state, not the alarm state, not the moon, and not the 32934 (whatever that is...)

It's not my screenshot, but other than the extras that you mentioned, the clock and weather are almost identical to the desk dock mode display on my stock Lollipop Note 3. When I'm home, my phone lives in the OEM desk dock.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
It's not my screenshot, but other than the extras that you mentioned, the clock and weather are almost identical to the desk dock mode display on my stock Lollipop Note 3. When I'm home, my phone lives in the OEM desk dock.

But it's not "stock" - as already seems pretty clear, Samsung either uses a highly tweaked version of Lollipop or adds their own skin on top of it.

None of what you see in that image appears on any Nexus device, all of which are by definition "stock" devices.

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
But it's not "stock" - as already seems pretty clear, Samsung either uses a highly tweaked version of Lollipop or adds their own skin on top of it.

None of what you see in that image appears on any Nexus device, all of which are by definition "stock" devices.

Okay, you win on semantics. :p We're talking stock Samsung (and apparently LG) Lollipop and you're talking stock Google Lollipop. :-X

Evil Hamster

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm also experiencing this major annoyance.

I KNOW I can swipe and it will go away. That is NOT the point.

Has anybody found a real solution to stop the notification from appearing at all?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

trentandrews

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I know of a work around for using your phone as a clock.

1. Launch the clock screen.
2. Put the Phone to Sleep
3. Wake the phone back up.

You will then not get the White Notification in the middle of the night.

Merantza

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on Lollipoop (not a misspelling), same thing. I use Night Clock and tried the power button - off/on work-around and I still get the damned battery full notification.

Samsung, are you listening? >:-(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress