Llama - Who's Using It and Any Good Examples?

skidmark

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Is it possible to make Google voice not ask if I want to dial using it only for particular numbers?

Not sure if llama can handle something like this.

Sent from my Nexus 4 on the Solavei network.

thusband

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
When in silent profile and I specify a noisy contact is that just for the phone ringer? How about a sound when an SMS message comes through from a specified noisy contact?

Imposter

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
I created an event to change two phone settings and then launch three apps. It seems the apps launch too fast, or possibly one or two get skipped, because when I try to switch out of the active one to one of the others (by holding the Home key), they do not appear in the recently opened list. Is there a way to add a small delay between the opening of each app so that I can switch between them all? Thanks for your help, team!

Olivier D

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I created event to change two phone settings and then launch three apps. It seems the apps launch too fast, or possibly one or two get skipped, because when I try to switch out of the active one to one of the others (by holding the Home key), they do not appear in the recently opened list. Is there a way to add a small delay between the opening of each app so that I can switch between them all? Thanks for your help, team!

I would suggest you to create 3 queued events then for each queued event you make it launch your desired app but with different time delays.

dfduarte

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm using the app for a couple of weeks now and loving it.

One thing that i think isn't working for me is wifi pooling. I created an area called near home like someone suggested here that enables wifi pooling to every 5 minutes. When i connect to the home wifi i set wifi pooling to never, disable screen lock and enable wifi so it stays connected.
I can see it changes wifi polling to 5 minutes and never but on the Recent tab i see the available wifi networks every minute, like it is still pulling for wifi networks. Shouldn't that stop once i set wifi pooling to never?

kurokirasama

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the app for a couple of weeks now and loving it.

One thing that i think isn't working for me is wifi pooling. I created an area called near home like someone suggested here that enables wifi pooling to every 5 minutes. When i connect to the home wifi i set wifi pooling to never, disable screen lock and enable wifi so it stays connected.
I can see it changes wifi polling to 5 minutes and never but on the Recent tab i see the available wifi networks every minute, like it is still pulling for wifi networks. Shouldn't that stop once i set wifi pooling to never?

Hi, what Wifi polling does is turn on Wifi every few minutes. If you set it to never, only that is not done anymore. If you turn your Wifi on manually, or keep it on all time, it will still recognize the area you are in and all checking near Wifi networks.

Enviado desde mi GT-N7000 usando Tapatalk 2

dfduarte

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
oh yeah, that's it. I disable wifi when outside my known areas, enable pooling when near home/work, and keep wifi always on at home/work.

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
How does Llama prioritize between conflicting events/actions?

I'm trying to create an event where the screen brightness turns to 100% when WiFi disconnects. However, at one of my work locations (where I don't have WiFi,) I would like to set the brightness to 10%. Any way I can keep both, but have the exception kick in when necessary?

Olivier D

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
How does Llama prioritize between conflicting events/actions?

I'm trying to create an event where the screen brightness turns to 100% when WiFi disconnects. However, at one of my work locations (where I don't have WiFi,) I would like to set the brightness to 10%. Any way I can keep both, but have the exception kick in when necessary?

I noticed when you tell Llama "when WiFi disconnects" it also defines it as "when not connected to WiFi", I haven't figured out how to make it trigger the "when WiFi disconnects" when it has just disconnected from a WiFi network!

For your concerne, you should use variables. Add a variable ('work 3' to 'yes' for instance) to when in other work area, add an opposite variable when not in other work area ('work 3' to 'no') then add the second variable as a condition to your 100% birghtness when WiFi disconnects event. So the logic should be : when WiFi disconnects, when 'work 3' has a value of 'no' - set screen brightness to 100%.
The other one should be : At Work 3 - set llama variable 'work 3' to 'yes' and set screen brightness to 10%

Does a noisy contact only apply to the phone ringer? Can I make it work for text messages?

Only to ringer. Maybe there are other messaging apps that can handle special contacts notification

nickmax1

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
I have two events:

1: Wifi On
Enables when i am in either at home or work between 7am and 11pm
-disables mobile data
-enables wifi

2: Wifi off
When NOT at home or work
When my wifi disconnects from a recognised wifi network
-enable mobile date
-disable wifi

How do I change my second event (wifi off) so that the actions are triggered when my phone disconnects from a recognised wifi network EVEN IF I am at home/work.
I want this because when I leave my house the masts cover such a large area that I am quite far from home yet it still thinks I am there, and of course I am disconnected from wifi so I want Llama to recognise that and disable wifi and enable data.

Last edited:

kurokirasama

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I have two events:

1: Wifi On
Enables when i am in either at home or work between 7am and 11pm
-disables mobile data
-enables wifi

2: Wifi off
When NOT at home or work
When my wifi disconnects from a recognised wifi network
-enable mobile date
-disable wifi

How do I change my second event (wifi off) so that the actions are triggered when my phone disconnects from a recognised wifi network EVEN IF I am at home/work.
I want this because when I leave my house the masts cover such a large area that I am quite far from home yet it still thinks I am there, and of course I am disconnected from wifi so I want Llama to recognise that and disable wifi and enable data.

You might ignore the location condition and see if it works...
Or use wifi polling as described a few posts above...

nickmax1

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
diabling the location condition seems to be better, but i have my wifi set to "keep wifi on during sleep" option to never....so when it sleeps wifi gets turned off by the system and llama thinks I have left the network....irritating.

obviously i can set that option to never but that drains the battery kinda negating the point of having llama installed in the 1st place.

kurokirasama

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
diabling the location condition seems to be better, but i have my wifi set to "keep wifi on during sleep" option to never....so when it sleeps wifi gets turned off by the system and llama thinks I have left the network....irritating.

obviously i can set that option to never but that drains the battery kinda negating the point of having llama installed in the 1st place.

I think that In that case is better to use wifi polling, with the home and near home areas as described a few posts ago...

kurokirasama

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Does a noisy contact only apply to the phone ringer? Can I make it work for text messages?

Hi,

I just tought of a way to do it, altough i'm not sure if it will work, but here it goes.

1.- Create a LLama tone for your noisy contact in a profile.
2.- In your normal profile, asign to your noise contact llama tone a notification sound (could be the default or not), and notification volume greater than 0.
3.- In your silent profile, To your noisy contact llama tone choose one, could be the same that the one in the normal profile or not. And also enable the option "change default notification tone" and change it to none if you are using default notification tones or silent if you are using ring extended or similar (one of this should work i think). Notification volume greater than 0.
4.- For your contact, choose its personalized notification tone as the llama tone.

Hope that it works, i'll try it too when i have the chance...

BR